Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Pilger

Options
  • 23-09-2017 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I admire a lot of John Pilger's early TV documentaries and books, but in recent years he seems to have removed himself from rational thought. I'm after reading a piece on his website about the new Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, he makes some interesting points but includes things like:

"What is known in the US as "the left" has effectively allied with the darkest recesses of institutional power, notably the Pentagon and the CIA, to see off a peace deal between Trump and Vladimir Putin and to reinstate Russia as an enemy, on the basis of no evidence of its alleged interference in the 2016 presidential election."

In recent times I also seen an interview he done with Julian Assange, where he lobbed soft ball after soft ball. The whole interview seemed to be designed to blacken Hillary Clinton's name.

Obviously Pilger always had a left wing viewpoint which is fine, but his anti-american outlook is seriously shaking his relevance at this stage.

Advertisement