Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transparency with data usage

Options
  • 23-09-2017 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Thinking of joining Eir mobile braodband 250gb deal and wondering if there has been any improvement for customers able to view data usage.  Also worried after reading threads that customers were receiving mesages that 100gb have been used when there was actually only 9gb used?  Why do eir not send text to customers when they are coming close to using all their allowance, clearly the technology for sending messages is there when false warning messages are being sent about usage.  Getting cold feet,   

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

I have an old meteor plan with 1 gb data and a 15 gb add on. I occasionally get a warning text when I'm at 1gb even though i have another 15 gb available. Its like occassionally the text warning system misses the addons abd sends the warning text.

Ive never been billed incorrectly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katxxx

bren2002 wrote: »
    I have an old meteor plan with 1 gb data and a 15 gb add on. I occasionally get a warning text when I'm at 1gb even though i have another 15 gb available. Its like occassionally the text warning system misses the addons abd sends the warning text.  

Ive never been billed incorrectly though.
    thank you for that its a relief to know that much, there seemed to be very little transparency when u cant view data usage or depend on a text letting u know your coming close to your allowance.  i am in a rural location at the back of Dublin Airport and I had to cancel mobile broadband before as it ran into 100s euro every month over my allowance with no way of seeing what my usage was.  It almost felt like I was being scammed as the technology has to be there to send a basic text message, but thank you for you imput

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Pretty sure you can check your usage online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katxxx

bren2002 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can check your usage online.
    Great I will look into this now as its a great deal 250gb thanks again 

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Yes you can now finally see your data ueage with the 4G broadband as shown below .

eir Wireless Broadband 250GB

• Home Broadband 4G 250GB
      52.977 / 250 GB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

katxxx wrote: »
    Thinking of joining Eir mobile braodband 250gb deal and wondering if there has been any improvement for customers able to view data usage.  Also worried after reading threads that customers were receiving mesages that 100gb have been used when there was actually only 9gb used?  Why do eir not send text to customers when they are coming close to using all their allowance, clearly the technology for sending messages is there when false warning messages are being sent about usage.  Getting cold feet,   
    Hi katxxx, 

Thanks for getting touch with us today. 

You should be able to check this online, you will need to register for the myeir facility first and you can then view this. 

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass this on. 

Thanks 

Adam  

Advertisement