Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Animation

Options
  • 23-09-2017 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

My young lad spends all his spare time making 2D animations ( think he uses flash ). He is in 5th year and is starting to look at his options but he seems disinclined to go near 3d animation. Are there courses/career paths based on 2d animating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

cue wrote: »
    My young lad spends all his spare time making 2D animations ( think he uses flash ). He is in 5th year and is starting to look at his options but he seems disinclined to go near 3d animation. Are there courses/career paths based on 2d animating?

There is indeed I'm in Multimedia or now known as Creative Digital Media. Its a touch of everything to do with digital.

But main topics are 2D Animation/Photoshop, Film/Photography, Coding and Sound.

Flash is no longer used with in industry or at least very little if he goes to college to do 2D animation he will be using After Effects.

Hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ambermichel1144

Flash animation takes a certain understanding of motion as well as a lot of patience. Understanding how the animation will function is not difficult, but getting the desired outcome is frequently difficult. The timeline, frames, tweens, and other fundamental animation methods will all be covered throughout the course. Before long, you'll be animating objects.

Advertisement