Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coach station overnight parking

Options
  • 23-09-2017 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

I'm taking the bus to Dublin overnight and will be back tomorrow. Rather than pay €15 each way for a taxi I was wondering if there are any good options to just park overnight which might be a bit less?

Not sure if any of the nearby parking offer discounts like they do with train tickets.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Damn, if I had booked yesterday it would have been €12. Seems like it will be €20.

Looks like the Train station carpark off Eyre Square is really cheap, just €6.50. Guessing it's nearly always full? I've only ever dropped off people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Damn, if I had booked yesterday it would have been €12. Seems like it will be €20.

Looks like the Train station carpark off Eyre Square is really cheap, just €6.50. Guessing it's nearly always full? I've only ever dropped off people there.

Always seems full to me I have to say. I often wonder how many of those cars are actually bus/rail passengers. I have seen parking attendants there too however.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

You can get a discount in the Galway coach station car park if you use one of the buses leaving there:
    http://www.ipairc.ie/coachstationgalway-discounted-parking/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ordered a taxi which did not come so with no time to spare I hopped in the car and parked at the coach station. Bus was pulling away when I ran in and made my bus. On return showed the parking fella my ticket and it only ran €7 for the night. So thanks Space Dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

its a hidden gem lol,6.50 for 24 hours, i asked the security dude ,he said its supposed to be for bus users but as long as you have a ticket in window your good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

its a hidden gem lol,6.50 for 24 hours, i asked the security dude ,he said its supposed to be for bus users but as long as you have a ticket in window your good.

You mean bus and train users? I assumed there was a parking attendant there not a security fellow. How would either know at any rate if you were a passenger ? Unless it's a rule you have to produce some evidence of travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

I don't think that it is just for bus/rail users. I use this car park via Parkbytext.ie - I have it on an automatic credit top up. I have registered all the cars that I would be driving and just make sure to pick the correct registration.

Sometimes, I might go in and park on a Friday evening behind the Meyrick and if I am in town the next morning will just dump the car there as the stay is for 24 hrs.

It is really handy and relatively cheap city centre parking especially at Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Just repeating what hi vis security chap told me

Advertisement