Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What supplements do you take? (Non medical)

• 23-09-2017 11:49am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what kind of non medical supplements people are taking particularly as you get older to ease the effects of running on your body?

I take cod liver oil as I heard its good for joints but that could be nonsense.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Ceepo

faceman wrote: »
    Just wondering what kind of non medical supplements people are taking particularly as you get older to ease the effects of running on your body?

Why would you need to take supplements?.

Just eat the right food !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

faceman wrote: »

I take food, seems to work fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I take Vitamin D. A recurrent problem with my calves last year was put down to a Vit D deficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

I take calcium and magnesium tablets - don't now if they do any good but don't do any harm, I'm don't drink milk so need to keep my calcium intake up. Also take Vit C during the winter to keep the colds at bay, once again not sure if it works but I don't tend to get colds even tough I'm out running year round in all weathers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

I take iron as i have a history of low Ferritin levels. I've also increased my red meat intake in this regard as it's the most easily absorbed source apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement