Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 7 - transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

danganabu wrote: »
    He is playing a much different role this year, and has been playing it extremely well, just not from a FF perspective.

This, KDB has probably been the best player in the league this year and yet a FF flop. Very frustrating as an owner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Went with walters and firmino out, with gross and vardy in. 0.6 in the bank. Slowly climbing after a very poor first two weeks.

Lossl

P. Jones Bavies Daniels
    Mkhitaryan ritchie eriksen gross
    Luakaku kane vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Islander13 wrote:
    This, KDB has probably been the best player in the league this year and yet a FF flop. Very frustrating as an owner

It was clear after 2 games he was not worth 10million. He even said in an interview he's playing in a deep midfield position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Only bad thing on Lukaku end is he's due a blank
    No such thing as due a blank. Trust your odds ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dearg81 wrote:
    It was clear after 2 games he was not worth 10million. He even said in an interview he's playing in a deep midfield position.

Re: KDB

I was fully expecting the end of that post to say, he even said in an interview that he thought he was a about million overpriced in FPL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Monitoring Niasse as cheap 3rd striker. Won't make a move until after European games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Devia wrote: »
    Monitoring Niasse as cheap 3rd striker. Won't make a move until after European games.

Niasse is not registered to play in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Devia wrote: »

Ye I may get him for hemed in a 1 WK punt. I know most have gone top heavy on strikers which results in a 433 or relying on Carroll or rlc to start. The alternative is a cheap striker like hemed and a mid like alli or mane as opposed to say Morato and rlc. If hemed can keep his place I think I prefer the cheap striker and extra big hitter in midfield option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

shineon23 wrote: »
    Re: KDB

I was fully expecting the end of that post to say, he even said in an interview that he thought he was a about million overpriced in FPL :)

Silva looks a good option - 6 assists already, his record is 17 in 11/12 - could reach something like that figure this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ye I may get him for hemed in a 1 WK punt. I know most have gone top heavy on strikers which results in a 433 or relying on Carroll or rlc to start. The alternative is a cheap striker like hemed and a mid like alli or mane as opposed to say Morato and rlc. If hemed can keep his place I think I prefer the cheap striker and extra big hitter in midfield option.

Will Hemed receive a retrospective ban for his stamp on Yedlin today though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

CSF wrote: »
    If we're thinking real cheapie defenders to (4.0-4.5) supplement the Salah/Kane/Aguero/Lukaku quartet, who do people think is the best short term option?
    Femenia for me, Watford going good besides the hiding from City last week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Invincible wrote: »
    Will Hemed receive a retrospective ban for his stamp on Yedlin today though?

I didn't see it. I suppose the point I'm making is based on hemed, niasse or Abraham or someone in that price region nailing down a regular starting position. You would expect 8-10 goals a season . I don't see the cheap mids getting anywhere near that return although rlc is looking threatening. It then comes down to your 3rd expensive striker against a mid like alli or mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Niasse is not registered to play in Europe

I know but if one of my big players gets injured I'll need to use the transfer on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Holding off 'til after the European games to make any transfers. All 10 of my outfield players have a European game so making an early transfer would be just asking for trouble

I didn't see it. I suppose the point I'm making is based on hemed, niasse or Abraham or someone in that price region nailing down a regular starting position. You would expect 8-10 goals a season . I don't see the cheap mids getting anywhere near that return although rlc is looking threatening. It then comes down to your 3rd expensive striker against a mid like alli or mane.

I was thinking about using that tactic, this season, as I know a lot of the pros go down that route but maybe it was easier when you didn't have to choose 2 from Lukaku, Jesus, Aguero, Morata, Kane, Firmino and Vardy.

I'm struggling to pick 3 so trying to pick 2 would be a weekly torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Transfers so far
    Week 2:3
    Week 3:2
    Week 4:Wildcard
    Week 5:3
    Week 6:2
    week 7:0 hopefully unless things go pear shaped in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Admittedly but it is still early days and it's possible cheap mids arise later in the season. IIRC King did not make himself a great pick that early in the season last year, did he?

And so far, the likes of Gross, Ritchie, Richarlisson, Doucouré, Mooy, Davis, Choupo-Moting, etc... scored similar than Hemed, Abraham, Okazaki, Vokes, etc...

I feel the real chaos in the game this year could come from Hazard & Sanchez getting back to the level we've been used from them to get. With already 5 £10m+ strikers performing plus at least the same amount of £8.5-10.0m delivering mids, adding these 2 old friends of ours in the mix would be quite... explosive :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I think you could also add Lacazette to the mix. Depending how he does tonight, I am considering getting him in for Jesus V Brighton at home next week

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm just going to chase the dream of a double hat trick!

Morata you've made the team baby!

But in all honesty I haven't clue who's playing this week. All I know is that a WC is happening after the Int break and I can not wait for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I can't make any transfers yet. My free hit is still active.

I thought my team lineup for picking next weeks team would be reset to what it was before the Free Hit but it has not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I can't make any transfers yet. My free hit is still active.

I thought my team lineup for picking next weeks team would be reset to what it was before the Free Hit but it has not.

Gameweek isn't over I guess but that is still strange and good to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

km79 wrote: »
    Gameweek isn't over I guess but that is still strange and good to know

Scratch that. My free hit is still available. So it was the wildcard I played after all :o And what I'm looking at is my new team. I am a bleedin' idiot.

At least my gamble on a Lukaku, Aguero, Kane strikeforce payed off (80 points) but I only made it under the assumption that I'd played my free hit as opposed to my wildcard.

My team at the moment-

Pope
    Mbemba
    Naughton
    Löwe
    De Bruyne
    Ritchie
    David Silva
    March
    Agüero
    Kane
    Lukaku

Hart
    King
    Rosenior
    Hegazi

Time to redistribute funds to the rest of my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

LLoris Elliot
    Bailly Hegazi Davies Yoshida Rangel
    Choupo-Moting KDB Redmond Iwobi Carroll
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

I'm tempted to play my wildcard but at the same time wholesale change isn't essential. Wanna get rid of KDB, Redmond, Iwobi and Rangel, but 2 of those 4 players are bench fodder anyway, and will probably be replaced by cheap fodder players too. I could revamp my whole midfield and maybe 1-2 defenders though. Very happy with my strikers going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

whats the story with a free hit, is it basically another wildcard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

AnneFrank wrote: »
    whats the story with a free hit, is it basically another wildcard ?

For one week, yes.

Your team will revert to previous afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

elefant wrote: »
    For one week, yes.

Your team will revert to previous afterwards.

ah ok, that's a bit mad, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Scratch that. My free hit is still available. So it was the wildcard I played after all And what I'm looking at is my new team. I am a bleedin' idiot.

That is some dumb luck right there. 80 points and not a bad team left to tinker with.

Get rid of kdb and use funds on 1 or 2 defender upgrades and you'll be in pretty good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

De Gea and Firmino out, Hart and Morata in for a 4 point hit.

Might seem crazy taking out De Gea before Palace at home, but I literally have just the funds to do this before any price changes (0.0 in my bank now), and I think Morata will be a big player long term.

West Ham have some nice fixtures coming up and Hart rotates well with Eliot.

De Gea served me well. Don't usually go with premium goalkeepers but with their opening 7 fixtures and a lack of clarity over lineups pre season, De Gea was the cheapest surest way to a United cleany. Long term though I want to spend as little money as possible in GK, and now I'll finally get some use out of Eliot by rotating him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't researched it fully yet, but on initial inspection I'm contemplating KDB + Antonio to Mikhi + Coutinho/Salah.

Leaves me with no Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal coverage :eek:

Tempted to wildcard but want to wait until international break if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cartman78 wrote: »

Leaves me with no Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal coverage :eek:

You're a lunatic. I'd be sweatin every weekend.

Advertisement