Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 7 - transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Did Firmino to Vardy last night, might upgrade Mooy closer to the Weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This post has been deleted.

I'd probably wait till after the City game, also, if you sell Alonso, he will score the gameweek you sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

siblers wrote: »
    I'd probably wait till after the City game, also, if you sell Alonso, he will score the gameweek you sell him

Happend to me last year when he got a brace.

Happend to me last year when he got a brace.

Happened to me as well last season, ironically when I sold Daniels for Alonso this season, Daniels scored against City the gameweek I sold him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Jesus > Lacazette for me, I reckon. I plan to wait until after the midweeks though. Laca on pens really sweetens the deal.

Did Jesus to Lacazette for a minus 4. I rather stupidly had it in my head that Jesus was valued at 9.5 instead of 10.5, which is why I didn't bring in Lacezette for this gameweek because I didn't think he was worth an extra 0.8 :pac:.I'd usually wait till after Europe but I want to avoid a potential price rise/drop

I really need to start paying closer attention to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm considering banking

But I foolishly sold Bavies and brought in Vertonghen on my wildcard a few weeks ago, as I couldn't find any information on Danny Rose's injury. (Poch since said he doesn't know when Rose will be back or something to that effect)

Would it be worth reversing that change, and getting 0.3 more in the bank?

Here's how I'm lined out, anyone see anything else more pressing other than my weak midfield?

DDG-Elliot

Alonso-Vertonghen-Cedric-Naughton-Rosenoir

David Silva-Choupo-Moting-Atsu-RLC-Carroll

Aguero-Kane-Lukaku

As I said I'm more than aware my MF is a shambles, so .3 would come in handy in next few weeks. Thinking of eventually selling Kane and getting Alli or Eriksen in as Spurs cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm considering banking

But I foolishly sold Bavies and brought in Vertonghen on my wildcard a few weeks ago, as I couldn't find any information on Danny Rose's injury. (Poch since said he doesn't know when Rose will be back or something to that effect)

Would it be worth reversing that change, and getting 0.3 more in the bank?

Here's how I'm lined out, anyone see anything else more pressing other than my weak midfield?

DDG-Elliot

Alonso-Vertonghen-Cedric-Naughton-Rosenoir

David Silva-Choupo-Moting-Atsu-RLC-Carroll

Aguero-Kane-Lukaku

As I said I'm more than aware my MF is a shambles, so .3 would come in handy in next few weeks. Thinking of eventually selling Kane and getting Alli or Eriksen in as Spurs cover.

I have the same front 3 as you, to me you have too much invested in the defence, I'd be looking to downgrade a couple of them to make some cash to get another big hitting MF. I have Salah and Eriksen as well as the big 3, it'd just balance out your squad a bit more, it's a bit lopsided imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

mectavba wrote: »
    Jesus > Lacazette for me, I reckon. I plan to wait until after the midweeks though. Laca on pens really sweetens the deal.

How did he look apart from the goals?
    I'm contemplating him too

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    How did he look apart from the goals?
    I'm contemplating him too

Missed a great chance as well from what I saw

I have the same front 3 as you, to me you have too much invested in the defence, I'd be looking to downgrade a couple of them to make some cash to get another big hitting MF. I have Salah and Eriksen as well as the big 3, it'd just balance out your squad a bit more, it's a bit lopsided imo.

I'm thinking the same alright,
    if I had another premium wing back along with Alonso I wouldn't as concerned.

I was looking to get Coutinho in myself at some stage as a lot of my rivals have Salah.
    But not in a rush for Pool cover as they're getting found out, and their next 7 matches are either tough or tricky.

Lack Arsenal cover is my main concern now.
    Have 1.3 ITB at the moment. Davies would give me another Wingback right away. And allow me to upgrade Choupo-M to Ramsey.

Front 3 are killing my squad alright :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same alright,
    if I had another premium wing back along with Alonso I wouldn't as concerned.

I was looking to get Coutinho in myself at some stage as a lot of my rivals have Salah.
    But not in a rush for Pool cover as they're getting found out, and their next 7 matches are either tough or tricky.

Lack Arsenal cover is my main concern now.
    Have 1.3 ITB at the moment. Davies would give me another Wingback right away. And allow me to upgrade Choupo-M to Ramsey.

Front 3 are killing my squad alright :o

Cedric is another one I'd be shipping out if I was you, Saints aren't really cutting it at the minute. The problem you will have is it will take 3 or 4 transfers to sort it all out, to get rid of the defenders and get in the MF you're looking for, I'm considering shipping Lukaku out after the weekend so money to be made if I do that, maybe bank this week yourself and then have 2 freebies and maybe take a -4 the following week if need be but at least you'll get 3 tf's in.

Oh and I don't really see goals drying up for Liverpool either, Mane coming back into the fold will help them as an attacking unit, it'll just be very tough to know who'll be banking all the points for them, also Couthino will likely be deployed a bit deeper once Mane is playing so that may effect his output but no so sure if it will or not.

Cedric is another one I'd be shipping out if I was you, Saints aren't really cutting it at the minute. The problem you will have is it will take 3 or 4 transfers to sort it all out, to get rid of the defenders and get in the MF you're looking for, I'm considering shipping Lukaku out after the weekend so money to be made if I do that, maybe bank this week yourself and then have 2 freebies and maybe take a -4 the following week if need be but at least you'll get 3 tf's in.

Oh and I don't really see goals drying up for Liverpool either, Mane coming back into the fold will help them as an attacking unit, it'll just be very tough to know who'll be banking all the points for them, also Couthino will likely be deployed a bit deeper once Mane is playing so that may effect his output but no so sure if it will or not.

Blasphemy! :pac: :D
    Cedric is there for the next 5 games anyway, as bad as Saints attack is, the defence is fine, they've kept 3 clean sheets and are the only team to only concede once against a free scoring Man Utd.
    They've only conceded 5 goals in 6 games so far, 2 of those were in a meltdown against West Ham.
    If there was another 5.0 Saints defender a cert to start I'd be thinking about doubling up.

Ah yeah, Liverpool can score against anyone but I see them struggling to pick up actual points. Their kindest fixtures are Newcastle and Huddersfield and both those teams are looking fairly solid at the back. Champions League games in the mix as well in the middle of that tricky run.
    Liverpool MF is a lottery alright and Salah looks the best value for points to me at his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

You're a lunatic. I'd be sweatin every weekend.

Why? You were never likely to have Hazard or Sanchez until literally this week. Morata you could maybe squeeze in but with Rom and Kane Salah Alli Firmino very popular and there's every chance you didn't bring in Kun and stuck with Kane/Kaku.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Why? You were never likely to have Hazard or Sanchez until literally this week. Morata you could maybe squeeze in but with Rom and Kane Salah Alli Firmino very popular and there's every chance you didn't bring in Kun and stuck with Kane/Kaku.

I'm really confused by this, when you say "you" are you referring to me? Cause none of that makes sense.

I'm really confused by this, when you say "you" are you referring to me? Cause none of that makes sense.

Not you in particular, us fpl managers in general:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The "royal" you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Mulling over a choice and would appreciate your thoughts.

Current team (.3 ITB)

Elliot Foster

Alonso Bavies Jones Naughton Mbemba

Salah Mkhi Dilva Carrol Chalobah

Kane Morata Vardy

Am thinking of going

A) Naughton - Kolasinac
    Mkhi - Ramsey

B) Alonso - Azpilicueta
    Naughton - Monreal

Which do you think is better ?

By downgrading an 8.2 mid to a 7.0 mid and spreading the money around the defense I'm making it difficult to get on another premium Mid such as Hazard etc. if they start firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'd say B myself, wouldnt be getting double Arsenal just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

2 FT.
    Option A: Stephens to Jones, and Richarlison to Gross
    Option B: Stephens to C. Daniels, and bank the other transfer?
    Other defenders are: Bavies, Suttner, Long, Naughton (+ double WBA GK)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm pretty happy with my team but have the wildcard pencilled in for gw8. Not sure if I really need to use it.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy with my team but have the wildcard pencilled in for gw8. Not sure if I really need to use it.

Same, but at the same time it's nice to have it rid of. I think I used it too late last year and didnt think I got much benefit when I did use it in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

would like to see alli getting a goal this week or he could be up for the chop for coutinho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Alonso + Firmino OUT

Cedric + Lukaku IN

Had exactly enough in the bank, so already made the transfers... need to hope there are no injuries! Eriksen missing the CL fixture through 'illness' may be a godsend, saves him travelling to Greece and playing 90 minutes! Hopefully hes available at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Banking this week (barring injuries) after a reasonably successful wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is it worth bringing Lukaku in for Aguero? Could lose soo much ground not having him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is it worth bringing Lukaku in for Aguero? Could lose soo much ground not having him...

Lose ground not having who? Your not going to lose ground based on one GW.

I personally wouldn't Transfer out Aguero, though if I had Lukaku i'd probably hang onto him for this GW. United aren't a free scoring team like city. Just cause Aguero is playing Chelsea doesn't mean he won't score.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Not you in particular, us fpl managers in general:)

Sorry. I thought as much and I was knackered so wanted to clarify. I just think going forward looking fixtures and having no cover of City Arsenal and Chelsea would be painful.

Ignoring Sanchez and Hazard you could get cheaper mids and still hold 2 of the big hitter strikers.

I personally think D. Silva is great value and is increasing quite alot. Not dropped by Pep yet so no fear of it atm.

I personally try and cover as much of the big teams as possible. So I have 1 from each team. I doubled on City in GW6 but before the double up I had

Kane Morata Firmino
    Silva Mhiky Ramsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Morzadec wrote: »
    De Gea and Firmino out, Hart and Morata in for a 4 point hit.

Might seem crazy taking out De Gea before Palace at home, but I literally have just the funds to do this before any price changes (0.0 in my bank now), and I think Morata will be a big player long term.

West Ham have some nice fixtures coming up and Hart rotates well with Eliot.

De Gea served me well. Don't usually go with premium goalkeepers but with their opening 7 fixtures and a lack of clarity over lineups pre season, De Gea was the cheapest surest way to a United cleany. Long term though I want to spend as little money as possible in GK, and now I'll finally get some use out of Eliot by rotating him.
    That could go horribly wrong especially for a hit, if you had to do it I'd wait another week with DDG at home to Palace and Chelsea playing City this week.

Advertisement