Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 7 - transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah tempted to get Lukaku in this week for a 1 week punt before going back to City for their following run. Hard to know what Palace will do after getting ripped apart last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah tempted to get Lukaku in this week for a 1 week punt before going back to City for their following run. Hard to know what Palace will do after getting ripped apart last week

That's my plan. Waiting until after CL fixtures and Europe tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Is Coutinho nailed on now for Pool?? Haven't been keeping up with them too much this year.

Considering doing Willian to Coutinho for some Pool coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Is Coutinho nailed on now for Pool?? Haven't been keeping up with them too much this year.

Considering doing Willian to Coutinho for some Pool coverage

I'm thinking the same although a little more extreme. I am considering dumping all 3 of my Man City players (De Bruyne, Danilo and Jesus) and bringing in Coutinho, Kane and Kiko Femenia for a -8 hit. The thinking is it's hard to know if Danilo and Jesus will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

masterK wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same although a little more extreme. I am considering dumping all 3 of my Man City players (De Bruyne, Danilo and Jesus) and bringing in Coutinho, Kane and Kiko Femenia for a -8 hit. The thinking is it's hard to know if Danilo and Jesus will start.

Brought Mendy in last week and it looks long term, thinking Danilo might be best to bring in, may drop to 5.4 too which wold be nice before bringing him in.

Tough to know if he'll consistently start, otherwise Walker is the better shout like for like. Pep could easily start Delph or Sane in that position, wil wait until Friday or so to see general consensus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Brought Mendy in last week and it looks long term, thinking Danilo might be best to bring in, may drop to 5.4 too which wold be nice before bringing him in.

Tough to know if he'll consistently start, otherwise Walker is the better shout like for like. Pep could easily start Delph or Sane in that position, wil wait until Friday or so to see general consensus

I actually meant it the other way around, I have Danilo at the moment and am considering getting rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Wildcarding this week as a combination of out of form players, injuries and suspensions I'm losing points and positions in leagues. Also only have 1 FT.
    So I can either go with:
    Fabianksi, Joel Pereira (I know he doesn't play)
    Alonso, Gámez, Azpilicueta, Mbemba, Rosenior
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Surnam, Stephens, Arfield
    Kane, Morata, Aguero

Or
    Fabianski, Elliot
    Alonso, Lascelles, Azplicueta, Mbemba, Löwe
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Alli, Davis, Surman
    Kane, Morata, Ayew

The sensible side of me says goes with Team B as there are more options and better players than team A. However the selfish side of me wants to go with Team A because of Kane, Morata, Aguero :D

United Squad makes me think Rashford starts at the weekend.

Firmino to Rashford really tempting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

United Squad makes me think Rashford starts at the weekend.

Firmino to Rashford really tempting me.

Him and mata nailed onto start I'd say. I'd love to have the funds for a 1 week mata punt.

Him and mata nailed onto start I'd say. I'd love to have the funds for a 1 week mata punt.

Yeh I'm now looking at

Rashford - Firmino
    Aguero - Kane

For a -4

Gives me

Mhiky-Silva-Ramsey-Atsu
    Morata-Kane-Rashford

-4 for Rashford starting is a risk I'm willing to take afink.

Edit: Yup pulled the trigger.

No Liverpool coverage and No Aguero/Lukaku the fear. Was between Aguero - Lukaku or Aguero - Kane so be a bit annoyed if Rom outscores him now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Jones to Reid, West Ham's next 4 fixtures are very tasty.

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking Jones to Reid, West Ham's next 4 fixtures are very tasty.

Yeah but West Ham are sh1te as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah but West Ham are sh1te as well :pac:

And Reid is about as reliable as Jones
    Still can't believe I relented and bought him again and he is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    And Reid is about as reliable as Jones Still can't believe I relented and bought him again and he is injured

I'm surprised he lasted 6 weeks before breaking! If you have the funds I'd switch him to a City centre back next week. They have a nice run of games just as Uniteds get tougher STO BUR wba is their next 3 after the Chelsea match.

Double sick now.

Sick I decided against Jones (last minute decision) before the season started and now sick he's injured just before a run of games that might see them concede.

Those that owned him from the start have done really really well out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

To be fair they have a nailed on clean sheet this weekend vs Palace, followed by Liverpool and Huddersfield.

They don't really have a tough run, if I had Jones I would be holding him, even with the injury. Just bench him for GW8, 10 + 11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PVA wrote:
    They don't really have a tough run, if I had Jones I would be holding him, even with the injury. Just bench him for GW8, 10 + 11

They do have a tough run after this week . Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea are 3/4 next fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Want to switch Alonso + Bertrand to Walker and Kolasinac long term but really not sure of the best process to go about it...

Thinking of going Alonso -> Kola (BHA) this week for Chelsea playing City and keep Bertrand for sto. Feel like I'm being a bit knee-jerky getting rid of Alonso and my only Chelsea Def cover, but he's close to a drop too. :/

Would consider both for a -4 but I think Bertrand Vs Stoke could be good to hang on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I did a reverse swap from last week.....Aguero to Kane.

I'm going to leave it at that and use my WC for GW8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably do Firmino to Vardy tonight...one rising and one dropping not prepared to swallow a .2 swing.

• Advertisement

Will probably do Firmino to Vardy tonight...one rising and one dropping not prepared to swallow a .2 swing.

Or maybe not...:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/913378387489587200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh............now what will I do
    Maybe I should just take hit to get lukaku back!
    Problem is I'd probably have to sell Bavies

Maybe I'll just chance rashford ........seems like a waste of a transfer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Or maybe not...

Can't get the twitter link to open, what does it say.

FF fix are saying Vardy is 80% to a rise but they said the same yesterday and nowt happened

Can't get the twitter link to open, what does it say.

FF fix are saying Vardy is 80% to a rise but they said the same yesterday and nowt happened

Dinnery reporting that Vardy hasn't trained all week due to a hip problem. He 90% on fpl stats now, might last til tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dinnery reporting that Vardy hasn't trained all week due to a hip problem. He 90% on fpl stats now, might last til tomorrow.

Just to clean that up a bit, he has actually trained today. He has a 'slight hip injury' according to Shakespeare.

He's been left out of the England squad, so if he gets through this weekend he has a fortnight to rest up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

PVA wrote: »
    To be fair they have a nailed on clean sheet this weekend vs Palace, followed by Liverpool and Huddersfield.

The thing about a Jose defender is that he often tightens things up for the big games and they end up 0-0. I'd even play him against the big boys (if fit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

any news on what injury jones has and how long ?

AnneFrank wrote: »
    any news on what injury jones has and how long ?

Broken fingernail possible out for end of season knowing him.

Ankle injury should be back after International break I would imagine

Will be interesting to see who we all replace Aguero with.

I'd imagine Morata, Jesus and Lacazette will be popular.

Very hard call but I'm leaning towards Lacazette although his minutes are a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Already done - 4 this week. Do I sell aguero for jesus for - 8 or kane which would mean - 12?

Advertisement