Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 7 - transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Very hard call but I'm leaning towards Lacazette although his minutes are a concern.

Lacazette looks like such a sure thing for points this weekend. With either City or Chelsea set to miss out on points this weekend, it's a massive chance for Arsenal to make up some ground and what better way to do it then by starting their multimillion superstar goalscoring forward....Oliver Giroud. I'm expecting this typical Wenger troll move or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Sky sports saying aguero was involved in a car crash apparently has a fractured rib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Aguero back to Lukaku for this week and re-evaluate after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Who would people reccomend for a 4.0 or 4.1 defender? are Mbemba and Mariappa the best options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero back to Lukaku for this week and re-evaluate after the international break.

This
    I'm
    Not even going to think about it anymore
    It's should ensure Jesus a start too

• Advertisement

km79 wrote:
    This I'm Not even going to think about it anymore It's should ensure Jesus a start too

It's great news (meant in best possible taste) for those who held kept the faith in Jesus (terrible pun).

I might to Vardy to Jesus but that would mean Alonso to defender at 5.2 or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It's great news (meant in best possible taste) for those who held kept the faith in Jesus (terrible pun).

I might to Vardy to Jesus but that would mean Alonso to defender at 5.2 or less.

Jesus will punish those who doubted him

I didn't keep faith to be quite honest
    I was just assessing options
    If vardy had indeed been due a rise last night with all games played I'd have made the transfer
    So I think I've got lucky on 2 counts to be quite honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Lacazette looks like such a sure thing for points this weekend. With either City or Chelsea set to miss out on points this weekend, it's a massive chance for Arsenal to make up some ground and what better way to do it then by starting their multimillion superstar goalscoring forward....Oliver Giroud. I'm expecting this typical Wenger troll move or something similar.

Lacazette did not travel to Belarus, Giroud did, him and Alexis certain starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Elliot foster
    Kola Jones bavies naughton Lowe
    Alli mkhi salah walters Carroll
    Aguero Hemed Kane
    Probably a good time to wildcard or would a -4 do the job.

• Advertisement

Elliot foster Kola Jones bavies naughton Lowe Alli mkhi salah walters Carroll Aguero Hemed Kane Probably a good time to wildcard or would a -4 do the job.

WC the week before an international break -no way busts.

-4 all the way

Elliot foster
    Kola Jones bavies naughton Lowe
    Alli mkhi salah walters Carroll
    Aguero Hemed Kane
    Probably a good time to wildcard or would a -4 do the job.

Your faith in Walter she is admirable :D

Do a -4 and bring in 2 punts for the week
    Or lukakau and someone I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

.1 short of aguero to lacazette and Walters to mata. I'm now looking at aguero to lukaku and hemed to niasse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hmm I'm torn now, do I take a punt on hazard by chopping arguero or rejig my midfield and get Kane in or play it safe and go with jaysus :confused:

Free hit is active this week.

anyone any recommendations?

Foster (Elliot)
    Azpilicueta Daniels Otamendi (Mbemba, Rosenior)

Eriksen David Silva Ritchie King (Loftus-Cheek)

Morata Agüero Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If Aguero is out I have a decision to make. I don't have Lukaku (sold him on WC last week) but he is a captaincy option this week. (other strikers are Kane and Vardy)

However, I won't want him after the International Break so Jesus or Morata might be a better buy.

I'm not keen on an Aguero to Lukaku to Jesus/Morata switch as it commits my GW8 transfer already.

Will need to have a think about the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As someone who's lost team value by leaving transfers till Friday, the uncertainty of this week really justifies the approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Squad in borderline tatters....any feedback appreciated...planning on Wildcarding next week anyway....

Elliot | Heaton

Jone | Bavies | Lowe | Nyom | Yoshida

KDB | Antonio | Choupo | Mooy | Carroll

Kane | Lukaku | Firmino

Heaton and Jones deffo out :mad:
    Antonio possibly returning from injury maybe :o
    And I’m expecting Firmino to be rested/dropped this weekend :(

Have looked at a few options – KDB & Firmino out, Sane & Lacazette in is within budget; Jesus in for Firmino and KDB to Ramsey also an option I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Hastily did Aguero - Lukaku. Wanted to get rid of Alonso for Kola before his drop last night, but here we are.

Still trying to weigh up Alonso Vs Aguero-less City or Kola Vs BHA for a -4. Feel like whatever I do, I'll inevitably get burned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Aguero to Lukaku should be easy but for some reason it's not.

Lukaku playing 90 midweek isn't great and I've a feeling Palace will get it together defensively very soon.

Kane & Vardy my other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I had already sold jesus before aguero played tip the can in holland,
    i do feel sterling will be a certain starter in the team now though, and sane,
    so two good picks there for city cover and not crazy money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Looking like either Morata or Lacazette for Kun. Can't afford Kane. Arsenal have the easier fixtures. Could take a hit for Kane. Decisions. Decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Will be interesting to see who we all replace Aguero with.

I'd imagine Morata, Jesus and Lacazette will be popular.

Very hard call but I'm leaning towards Lacazette although his minutes are a concern.

Same decision to be made here. Lacazatte is the winner looking at this week alone but there's little to choose between them over the next five. This is going to occupy me until 11.30 tonight.

PARlance wrote: »
    Aguero to Lukaku should be easy but for some reason it's not.

Lukaku playing 90 midweek isn't great and I've a feeling Palace will get it together defensively very soon.

Kane & Vardy my other two.

Given the amount of lukaku in my main league this should also be a nice brainer BUT it will end up being another transfer after the int break cos I don't want double united attack at that point
    I also think palace game will not be the goalfest people expect .........
    I'm tempted by lacazette or even vardy still ...........

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I had already sold jesus before aguero played tip the can in holland,
    i do feel sterling will be a certain starter in the team now though, and sane,
    so two good picks there for city cover and not crazy money

Good point !
    Sane could end up LWB though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Laca the obvious choice as a Kun replacement for me. Surprised to see a lot going with Jesus for Aguero instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Aguero to Kane. Means Firmino lives to fight another week :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Laca the obvious choice as a Kun replacement for me. Surprised to see a lot going with Jesus for Aguero instead
    For me, Jesus is....
    • in form, 4 goals in last 3 appearances
    • nice fixtures (Stoke and Burnley at home in the next 3).
    • the only striker fit for the highest scoring team.
    • has had a rest.
    • probably on penalties (took penalty last May V Leicester when Aguero was missing, but Sane/DeBruyne/Silva/Sterling were all on the pitch).

Admittedly Laca (Brighton at home) will probably outscore Jesus (Chelsea away) this week

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Aguero to Kane. Means Firmino lives to fight another week :pac:

I've a feeling that himself or Jesus if possibly both will reward the "faithful " this week
    Hope it's Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero crash has upset the whole apple tart as a neighbour might say.
    Zero in the bank, so no straight swap with Lukaku and need to replace Phil.
    Current team is:
    De Gea, (Elliot)
    Jones,Yedlin,Mee,Rosenior,Cedric
    Alexis, Dilva, Brady,Groß,Carroll
    Kane,Kun,Vardy
    So Kun and Phil out to be replaced by:
    A: Morata/6.3m defender, thinking Bellerin or Bailly.
    B: Jesus/6.2m defender
    C: Lukaku/4.9m defender.
    Thinking A with Bellerin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Out there punt of the week, Mooy out for Wilshire.
    Arsenal have to start playing him in the league he's so much better than what they have,
    granted he's a bit of a phil jones but i do love a gamble

Advertisement