Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako quad second barrel

Options
  • 23-09-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in relation to licencing a second barrel for a sako quad.
    I already have a .17HMR and want to get a .22lr barrel. Trying to get hold of my garda is nearly impossible to ask.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Apply for a license for the 22lr as you did for the rifle initially. Legally it'll be the same as having a second "full" rifle.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You will need the serial number of the .22lr barrel from your RFD then fill in a new FCA1. Same principle as if you where licensing a completely new .22lr rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fnaniamal

Many thanks. I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Might be worth, putting in a cover note with the application explaining to them that you have the rifle licenced for 17 and as the barrels are interchangeable you wish to licence it in .22lr as well.
    Just so your FO knows its not actually 2 different rifles you have in the house., 1 rifle 2 barrels. Not all FO's would be totally knowledgeable on all firearms. Just a bit of a heads up for him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Luckysasha wrote: »
    You will need the serial number of the .22lr barrel from your RFD then fill in a new FCA1. Same principle as if you where licensing a completely new .22lr rifle

I have been pondering about this ..I am in the same boat as the OP theres no serial on my quads barrel. its on the action. as is the hmr barrel .. So im figuring its the same serial for both calibres.

'hdz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You will still need to license each calibre separately. You will need the correct caliber license to buy ammo etc. And I could be wrong on this but your RFD shouldn’t sell you a different caliber barrel without the correct license.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

hedzball wrote: »
    I have been pondering about this ..I am in the same boat as the OP theres no serial on my quads barrel. its on the action. as is the hmr barrel .. So im figuring its the same serial for both calibres.

'hdz

That will confuse them no end.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement