Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding partners / advertisers for content site

Options
  • 23-09-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Interested to hear your thoughts on this one. I am looking for advertisers for a site I run in the kids education niche. The site gets around 100,000 highly engaged visitors every month, and traffic is growing fast.

I am currently running display ads and will be doing some more affiliate stuff, but I would love to talk to advertisers or partners with relevant products or services who would be interested in advertising on the site in some shape or form - banners, sponsored posts, in-copy links, etc.

I'm aware there are quite a lot of products out there in this niche, from e-learning products to apps, books, keepsake type products and so on.

I am guessing that one straightforward option would be to contact these companies and business owners directly, but I am interested to hear your thoughts all the same :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I'm no expert in on-line advertising any more but you could go the simple Google Ads route where you sign up to allow Google to place the ads that are relevant to your audience and they pay you a commission. It's easy - one contact, one admin point, one payment per month.

Alternatively you go and source the advertisers yourself. However, this becomes a whole job/business in itself - sourcing, selling, administration/production, chasing payment.

Are the advertisers you are seeking already advertising on-line? If yes, how is your site better than the site they currently advertise on? Who do you contact at the advertiser and how do you source the name? Do you call the advertiser direct or are they going through an agency?

In the UK, there used to be a big directory that was published monthly that listed every advertiser, who their agency was and who was the contact at the client and at the agency. Cost an absolute fortune to subscribe to this directory but it was a goldmine of information - here's a link to it now https://bradinsight.com/

You may also want to approach companies who don't advertise on-line yet but you would be relevant to. Again, sourcing the contact details, selling the benefits of on-line advertising and then the benefits of your site - you are talking a whole department to source, sell and administer to. That won't be cheap and it will require at least six months capital up front before you see any money being returned.

You can see why people go the Google ads route.......

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

I'm no expert in on-line advertising any more but you could go the simple Google Ads route where you sign up to allow Google to place the ads that are relevant to your audience and they pay you a commission. It's easy - one contact, one admin point, one payment per month.

Alternatively you go and source the advertisers yourself. However, this becomes a whole job/business in itself - sourcing, selling, administration/production, chasing payment.

Are the advertisers you are seeking already advertising on-line? If yes, how is your site better than the site they currently advertise on? Who do you contact at the advertiser and how do you source the name? Do you call the advertiser direct or are they going through an agency?

In the UK, there used to be a big directory that was published monthly that listed every advertiser, who their agency was and who was the contact at the client and at the agency. Cost an absolute fortune to subscribe to this directory but it was a goldmine of information - here's a link to it now https://bradinsight.com/

You may also want to approach companies who don't advertise on-line yet but you would be relevant to. Again, sourcing the contact details, selling the benefits of on-line advertising and then the benefits of your site - you are talking a whole department to source, sell and administer to. That won't be cheap and it will require at least six months capital up front before you see any money being returned.

You can see why people go the Google ads route.......

Thanks a million Gloomtastic. I've been running AdSense for a long time now. It works but you do need a LOT of traffic. My traffic is growing all the time but it is all about the long game.

Agreed on the amount of time involved in terms of contacting advertisers. I did see an app / site yesterday that actually does exactly what I'd be after - it connects advertisers with content website owners. So I may have a look at that.

Advertisement