Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL - Southampton vs Manchester United 3:00pm Saturday 23rd September

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That was dirty from Long. Knew what he was doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That was a weird one from Long. Ball was miles away.

Nothing weird at all. He tries to do him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't think that was accidental from Bailly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Cool at least we know now racism is ok with you so no more needs to be said on the subject.

What's the chant?

Good.

• Cool at least we know now racism is ok with you so no more needs to be said on the subject.

Yes I'm a racist that's what I said
    Anything to spoil the game good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Last thing I'll say about it; singing a song your own player doesn't want sung is beyond idiotic.

I very much doubt that is the case. Itll be more the club asking him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemina looks a good player.

Pogbalite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

He turned around and suddenly had to jump over Long. Clearly nothing he could do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Davies definitely the next one to make the move from Southampton to Liverpool.

Very tidy player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Cool at least we know now racism is ok with you so no more needs to be said on the subject.

Seriously?

Yellow for Young for that? This ref is a clown.

Duck off ref soft as duck that

Awful. United fans just condoning alcohol abuse with that best chant.

Stupid autocorrect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

No, seriously. What's the chant and why is it racist?

Duck off ref soft as duck that

Joke shop ref already

user2011 wrote: »
    I very much doubt that is the case. Itll be more the club asking him.

Or alternatively, we could just, you know, take it at face value and believe what his statement says? Why are people trying to do mental gymnastics for this chant? He doesn't like it, bin it off. Its a ****e chant anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    No, seriously. What's the chant and why is it racist?

It's about his schlong being massive.

Jayop wrote: »
    Joke shop ref already

There's a red card in this game. Hopefully not for us,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Il be honest it's the PC world we live in

I say they are thinking **** em

If I was there is be singing it
    Yes I'm a racist that's what I said
    Anything to spoil the game good man

The kick it out campaign the player and utd as club have asked for it not to be sung because of the racial connotations.

• It's been an impressive first half from Utd

I love the fact that this team doesn't require massive amounts of possession and we are more clinical with our chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Good thing Agent Coulsen is reporting from the stands to confirm 100% that the words are actually the same and haven't been changed.

The kick it out campaign the player and utd as club have asked for it not to be sung because of the racial connotations.

Do u think it's racist or you just repeat everything you hear?

The people who are calling the chant racist are being racist :D The chant never mentions race at all, so why are people implying its racist just because it says he has a big bellend? are they implying something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

It's been an impressive first half from Utd

I love the fact that this team doesn't require massive amounts of possession and we are more clinical with our chances

Comfortable enough first half

Southampton will have to change it up at half time,try and get someone closer to Long if they are going to get anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I long for the days when you could call a player a Serbian murderer and no one blinked an eye lid.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Ive only ever seen 1 PL Club who has supported racism

428682.JPG

• The kick it out campaign the player and utd as club have asked for it not to be sung because of the racial connotations.

Anything to say about the first half performance for Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Valencia in on long was very reminiscent of what he did during summer after Mata had been hacked, just not as rough this time round, he looks after the team if the opposition gets overly excited. Great man to have.

• Advertisement

Comfortable enough first half

Southampton will have to change it up at half time,try and get someone closer to Long if they are going to get anything

All teams have set up similarly against us this season and it hasn't really worked. Actually looking forward to our first game against a team that comes out against us to see how we get on.

Or alternatively, we could just, you know, take it at face value and believe what his statement says? Why are people trying to do mental gymnastics for this chant? He doesn't like it, bin it off. Its a ****e chant anyway.

Lol, a young man early 20's having fans sing a song about the size of his penis... He is going to be offended by that???

No mental gymnastics needed.

It is a bit crap but to suggest those singing it should be told not to because of racism is horsesh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I know you probably follow Utd twitter more than me, but this is all I can find:-

Romelu: "Great backing since I joined #MUFC. Fans have meant well with their songs but let’s move on together. #RespectEachOther"

Seems to be nothing on his own twitter about it.

Throw me the links when you have a second ( appreciate you are watching the match now )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Liam O wrote: »
    Good thing Agent Coulsen is reporting from the stands to confirm 100% that the words are actually the same and haven't been changed.

I would laugh if the chant has been changed to simply add the words "doesn't have" in place of "has", in relation to his appendage. Would be quite Python-esque. Where would the people who feel compelled to be offended on his behalf stand then? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The people who are calling the chant racist are being racist :D The chant never mentions race at all, so why are people implying its racist just because it says he has a big bellend? are they implying something?

The racism aspect comes from the fact it's using a racist stereotype as the foundation for the chant. Would they be singing about his dick size I got e was white?

It feels weird that an Anti-racism group and the player himself has come out and said "please stop", and a load of white men go "nah"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ive only ever seen 1 PL Club who has supported racism

I was going to say, ask him about Suarez. Joke of a club.

As it is, its a crap chant. The player doesn't like it. I expect it will drop off when the fans come up with something better. If Lukaku keeps scoring goals like he has the guy is going to finish his career as a United legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mr.Crinklewood must be a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Fairly boring game tbf but comfortable enough. De Gea hasn't been troubled at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Romelu Big Bollix has scored 8 in 8. Lethal.

• Advertisement

All our joy coming down their right. Look forward to subs so we can attack both sides some more goals me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

limnam wrote: »
    I long for the days when you could call a player a Serbian murderer and no one blinked an eye lid.

:pac:

Bang on, much ado about nowt.

I support the rights of ALL men and ALL women to have large appendages

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The racism aspect comes from the fact it's using a racist stereotype as the foundation for the chant. Would they be singing about his dick size I got e was white?

It feels weird that an Anti-racism group and the player himself has come out and said "please stop", and a load of white men go "nah"....

Exactly. If the anti-racist group and the player himself say that they don't think it's cool, what harm is it to just stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd guess it's regular or even season ticket holders making the chant as it's at every match for the last while now, it's all in jest and if it were about an opponent then the racist card could be played but it's really just football fans being scummy in the funny way football fans always have been, ooh aah Paul McGrath being the obvious one that comes to mind for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

"I'll sing a song about a black man's big dick if I want to!"

Can't believe this is even a conversation that's still happening.....

Only turned on the game now. Sounds like it's been a positive 45 minutes without being spectacular.

• Advertisement

• A second goal for Utd early on would be nice

A second goal for Utd early on would be nice

Especially if it's for us :)

• Especially if it's for us :)

Ninja edit haha :)

I'm like Flashford :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Jesus Christ ref. Lukaku barely brushed off him there

Ninja edit haha :)