Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaper or tree surgeon?

Options
  • 23-09-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

I want to remove 1 drooping birch tree, 1 small tree and 2 bushes from my front garden. Ideally stumps and all.

Do I need a landscaper or tree surgeon or both?

Birch tree is about 3 metres tall. All others are various sizes but about 10-15 years growing so have significant roots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

What are the "various sizes"?

Tree surgeons are climbers. 3m doesn't sound high enough to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Lumen wrote: »
    What are the "various sizes"?

Tree surgeons are climbers. 3m doesn't sound high enough to bother.

All smaller than the tree.

Wasn't sure if landscapers will have all the gear to remove the stump and roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

colm_c wrote: »
    All smaller than the tree.

Wasn't sure if landscapers will have all the gear to remove the stump and roots.
    Small trees and large shrubs can be dug up with a mattock and a long breaker bar. You might not even need to remove all the roots, they'll just rot eventually. Depends on how much of a mess you want to make.

Advertisement