Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'arcy Show in association with Flahavan's Porridge - 23/09/17 @ 21:45pm

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think you and Harry need to arrange for Cork to twin with your local town/city.

Cork is actually twinned with Swansea, Lady C :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Cork is actually twinned with Swansea, Lady C :p

I thought you were taking the p1ss out of me until I googled it :eek::D

http://cork.ie/corkcity/corkthecity/twinnedcities/

BTW: FOB is off tonight Ruth Smith is presenting Late Date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Are there any plans for any more of these Imelda Mae shows?

It's quite a good effort and I haven't seen Kodaline or The Hothouse Flowers in weeks.

I thought you were taking the p1ss out of me until I googled it :eek::D

http://cork.ie/corkcity/corkthecity/twinnedcities/

BTW: FOB is off tonight Ruth Smith is presenting Late Date.

When Cork twinned with San Francisco, the late Councillor Bernie Murphy took the opportunity to go there as part of a junket so he could get a new set of false teeth :D

When Cork twinned with San Francisco, the late Councillor Bernie Murphy took the opportunity to go there as part of a junket so he could get a new set of false teeth :D
    Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly.....

You can never be too careful :D

Edit: Just noticed the word 'Late' .....you're safe enough...

Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly, Allegedly.....

Bernie was a character and a half. He'd make a great subject for a biopic :D

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/bernie-murphy-26321859.html

Bernie was a character and a half. He'd make a great subject for a biopic :D

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/bernie-murphy-26321859.html
    Ah, he sounds like a real character. Who would you compare him to in politics today?

Ah, he sounds like a real character. Who would you compare him to in politics today?

The Healy-Raes, I reckon :D

I presume he was an Independent?

I presume he was an Independent?

He was. Some shrewd people made a lot of money by backing him early in the local election campaign at huge prices.

His headstone is one of a kind :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAR__CQWsAAOfBe.jpg

• Advertisement

Some shrewd people......like you? :D That is some headstone in all fairness.

I was just thinking there about the Healy-Raes. I know some people think they are backward but their auld lad, Jackie was very modern when he agreed to his wife's request to add 'Rae' to their surname to differentiate them from other Healy families in their area.

The late, Mrs Healy-Rae seemed to be a formidable woman.
    Independent TD Michael Healy-Rae revealed that it was his American-born mother who encouraged her husband to adopt the Rae part of the surname. It was because of the townland he was born in and to distinguish him from all the other Healys in Kilgarvan.

Mrs Healy Rae was a talented linguist, who spoke several languages, including Arabic, and had worked at the Syrian Consulate in New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The vast majority of people living in Ballina, Co. Tipperary...... use the postal address - Ballina/Killaloe, Co. Clare, otherwise their post will end up in Mayo.

My old hunting ground. I got a call from a courier in Cark the other day. He had a package for me but our villages had the same name and were in different ends of the country.
    Time for Deep Purple on Sky Arts :)

They;re beating BBC4 with their content these days. Especially with Deep Purple stuff.

No Jon Lord :(

No Deep Purple.
    Sligo Joe to reception, Sligo Joe to reception, please..

I'm here. Just doing a crash course on multi-Quotinging. Drinking cans at a rate of knots because I, now, don;t have to drive to dublin tomorrow.

Gerry O'Connor is on the Imelda May Show.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Are there any plans for any more of these Imelda Mae shows?

It's quite a good effort and I haven't seen Kodaline or The Hothouse Flowers in weeks.
    Some shrewd people......like you? :D That is some headstone in all fairness.

I was just thinking there about the Healy-Raes. I know some people think they are backward but their auld lad, Jackie was very modern when he agreed to his wife's request to add 'Rae' to their surname to differentiate them from other Healy families in their area.

The late, Mrs Healy-Rae seemed to be a formidable woman.

There have been New episdes of Imelda May filmed in Sligo.

I'm lead to believe Hayseed Dixie are to bo one of the guedts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Edit: Just noticed the word 'Late' .....you're safe enough...

Did he have a Colgate smile, when he came back :D
    He was. Some shrewd people made a lot of money by backing him early in the local election campaign at huge prices.

His headstone is one of a kind :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAR__CQWsAAOfBe.jpg

That's hilarious, as i know of an aul fella who was a fan of News at Ten, he he got that insribed on his headstone: "News at Ten, Now Finally..."
    He was also a fan of Kate Adie, but there was no room left :P

Thanks Patty O . I made a balls of that last post but I get the gist.

The vast majority of people living in Ballina, Co. Tipperary...... use the postal address - Ballina/Killaloe, Co. Clare, otherwise their post will end up in Mayo.

I'd say they do. must be terribly confusing. I'm sure some visitors have also got a bit of a shock thinking they were close to the Wild Atlantic Way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd say they do. must be terribly confusing. I'm sure some visitors have also got a bit of a shock thinking they were close to the Wild Atlantic Way :D

Wasn't it similar in Hebron in kilkenny getting post from Israel :)

Straight in with a rare disease. He's definitely after Joe Duffy's job.

And then on to porridge.

Good luck.

Advertisement