Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Boards.ie have the wrong dates?

Options
  • 23-09-2017 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

So I recently did a Google search and Boards.ie came up as the first result, and it contained a few links to threads underneath, but within, the result. The dates on these were like Sep 16, Aug 16 etc, but when I click on them the last post in the thread is from years ago. One was from 2013 and another was from 2004!

I mean I wouldn't have bothered clicking on them if I knew it was a post from 13 years ago..
    What's the deal here? Do Boards.ie just "update" old threads with a fake date to get more hits? Is it the last date that a page was viewed or something? Or is it Google doing some voodoo with the dates, like the last time the page was update on the Google servers or something?

I mean, the date on a thread should be from when it was created or else when the last post was made, right? It's kind of annoying when you're reading through a thread and then a few pages later you realise it's ancient and irrelevant..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement