Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart meters rollout beginning

• 23-09-2017 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

I do hope they have thought through the security measures needed to stop the collected or ongoing data falling into the wrong hands to be abused.

On the plus side I think they are great and will allow us to use cheaper off peak electricity, encouraging a better balance within the system.

I imagine a sinareo with a storm coming in of an evening and the turbines go into overdrive with lots if spare electricity being made, a text goes out on the phone app, prices slashed for the next 6 hours, and all the washing machines in the country go on :D

http://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/news-and-media/press-releases/Pages/National-smart-meters-rollout---delivery-plan-confirmed.aspx

I like the next bit too but it seems like a throw away comment to get the meters in in the first place and "of any plans" is ambiguous and unsubstantiated.

In my mind, a straight offset of units in for units out (also allowing for time of production) is the only thing that is ever going to work, so why not just say it and get on with it.
    They are a necessary element of any plans to facilitate micro-generation - to enable consumers become energy suppliers in their own homes rather than energy takers.

Advertisement