Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Savings Bonds

• 23-09-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

We have an An Post Savings Bond in joint names. The problem is when we need to withdraw this, we need a joint bank account to lodge it into. Signing the back of it isn't acceptable any more. We dont have a joint bank account. Actually I am with Bank of Ireland & the other one is AIB. Even been in the same bank is no good its the joint account thats required. Any help me!!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've had the exact same problem recently, and was able to lodge it to my local Credit Union account (in my name) once both of us signed the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Had the same problem this week. I tried the credit union and was told I couldn't do it so maybe it depends on staff? We just wen't to the post office and got they gave us a postal order for the value instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

The Bond we have is over 10,000e. If one lodged it again into a Savings Bond with one of the names on the application new Savings Bond) & the other person sign the back of the cheque, would it go through & then withdraw it in a month or so. There would be only one name on the cheque then!! In the mean time I will check with the CREDIT UNION & the Post Office.

Advertisement