Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To far for a storyboard?

• 23-09-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

For applied animation in college we were asked to make a 8 sequence storyboard, we were given the title "The turn of the worm".

So i was thinking of ideas of what i can do, i was listen to other ideas of some other students but i really don't like the typical hero villain animation.

Then i thought of this idea, The title being "The turn of the worm" to me can be taken as its the worms turn to do what ever.

So then i thought of the worms being the bad guys then had them taking over the insect kingdom and so on.

Is it to far to go with calling them "Nazi worms". I don't mean to be offensive to anyone or anything i just like adult humor. I'm sure the Simpsons or the likes have brought Nazi's in at some point but i do understand i would be creating an entire storyboard about Nazi worms.

So long story short, Good, bad or terrible idea to make it Nazi worms taking over the Insect Kingdom.

I suppose i should also mention it would be relatively PG as I'm not going to be mocking any of the nasty things the Nazi's actually done. Also I'm not actually going to be animating this either this is only story boarding.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Any opinions guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

LukeyKid wrote: »
    Any opinions guys ?

Unfortunately, in this day and age you likely will offend someone, especially in a college setting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its unimaginative. I expect they are hoping for some interesting character (story) ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Choose the ‘opportunity’ meaning rather than the directional meaning for something different... it’s the worm's turn...

A worm munching on our ancestors... would make a lovely film for the kiddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

I think it's a great idea. You're in college now, you're all adults. Stop worrying about offending people. You can put anything you like in your storyboard, you don't even have to keep it PG. Let your creativity run free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Well thanks all for your opinions, I know most would not care about the topic and just see the humor in it but i said i wouldn't this time and talk to the lecturer, ask his opinion on topics like that.

So i went with Gladiator (Bug Edition) for the storyboard that way no one can complain :P

But then i also pitched my idea about Nazi worms and the lecture enjoyed that also. For my next project i will try go with what i feel is right and not to far.

Thanks all :)

Advertisement