Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Nappy query

Options
  • 23-09-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

With my little miss I tried Aldi size twos in the baby event where I got the big box as I heard loads of good reviews - was hugely impressed! They seemed very similar to the fit and absorbency of pampers premium. I went to buy the size 3 in the normal plastic pack but found the nappy quite different, at first I just thought they put on more design and took away the wetness indicator, but while it absorbs wees well but doesn't absorb the bf liquidy poos, seemed to leak out every time!

Just wondering if there are different styles in aldi's bigger sizes or so they just completely change once you get past size 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

With my little miss I tried Aldi size twos in the baby event where I got the big box as I heard loads of good reviews - was hugely impressed! They seemed very similar to the fit and absorbency of pampers premium. I went to buy the size 3 in the normal plastic pack but found the nappy quite different, at first I just thought they put on more design and took away the wetness indicator, but while it absorbs wees well but doesn't absorb the bf liquidy poos, seemed to leak out every time!

Just wondering if there are different styles in aldi's bigger sizes or so they just completely change once you get past size 2?
    Every baby is a different shape. Try other brands and sizes. Lidl nappies are great too
    We raised 3 kids for half the price of pampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Akrasia wrote: »
    Every baby is a different shape. Try other brands and sizes. Lidl nappies are great too
    We raised 3 kids for half the price of pampers.

Yeah, I had her in Lidl size one which were OK, lidl size two I was disappointed with. I know it was the same with my son re lidl size 2 and 3's I found OK for him in the day and night. Aldi is a bit further out for us but I was there for the baby event to pick up a few blankets and decided to try the sizes 2 as it was under 6 euro for a massive box, was so surprised by the quality better than Lidl IMO, just can't see why there would be a massive drop in quality going up a size, and was wondering if there were two types for the larger sizes like in Lidl. Otherwise will defo try Lidl again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We found that we often had to change brands during the ‘in between’/size changes. I’d use something else for a little while then come back to it. Also were quite big fitting when we had them so unless things have changed maybe the pampers for a few weeks then swap again?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

We found Aldi size 1 and 2 brilliant bit size 3 useless, leaked every time even though the nappy wasn't full of wee.

Stocked up on Pampers nappy pants in size 3 when Dunnes had spend and save vouchers and Tesco were doing offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

We find ALDI very good with the twins. They have different body shapes but all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaryMD

Never had that issue with the Aldi nappies when we moved from size 2 to size 3 and size 3 to size 4. Maybe your little one isn't ready to move up a size yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I found all the cheap brands a bit useless on my son until he was well over a year old. It's only now that he's just gone up to size 5 (18 months/13kg/90cm) that we can get away with Aldi/Lidl or Asda/Sainsburys/Tesco etc, it was only Pampers Baby-Dry for a long time. He's very long and has always had a tiny bum in relation to the rest of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Used Aldi all the way with my son and found them consistently great. Have been using with my newborn.such grt value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Aldi size 3 working just as well as sizes 1 and 2 here...not one leak for us so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I have to agree with everyone here. For the most part we've only had leaks when bubs has had a huge nappy (before solids she would poo every 5/4 days so it was usually a big one) and with size 3 when she was on the bigger side of them. She was just outside the size 4 weight but as soon as I moved her onto size 4, even though she was technically to small for them, no more leaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

So, I figured out the issue! Pampers active fit, baby dry, aldi, and lidl size 3 all have a solid stay dry layer over the absorbent inner bit. My baby's poo is an odd consistency where it is not thin enough to pass thorough but still liquid so it tends to leak if in car seat or bouncer. The pampers premium have a mesh layer on top which let's most of the liquid through, and aldi size two had this as well. No issue with any wee leaks in any of the brands.

So just wondering, does anyone know if any store brands do the mesh top layer in size 3's ?

Advertisement