Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy in work

Options
  • 24-09-2017 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find anything online about getting paid function rate. I work in the hospitality sector and mainly serve for functions. We took a pay cut to save the hotel a few years ago. Now I feel so undervalued that at times we paid below minimum wage as we are on a set rate. If any of us stand up and ask for an increase we are told there is other people that wants a job.
    So one time we got together we knew we had to stand up as a team and not as a single person. He is known to never call the person if they speak up. Our manager hit the roof and said if it was him he know what he do to us ie have no job. We only ask for an increase for working new years eve. I found out afterwards he had planned to let us all go but then realised he have no experienced staff.
    How can I stop this feeling of undervalued I work hard and look after customers 100%. There's not much work around and need the money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

im not sure where you are in the country but there appears to be lots of work available.
    the solution would appear to be , find another job and move on. your not going to change your boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Bazzer007

I agree with the last poster Op! There are lots of jobs currently going in the hospitality sector especially in Dublin. Start applying & get yourself out of that hellhole. Be courageous & make a move.

Advertisement