Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing dogs to Salthill beach?

Options
  • 24-09-2017 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭

Can you bring dogs on the beach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

cena wrote: »
    Can you bring dogs on the beach?

You can but not during the summer. There is a sign on the prom with the dates. Can't remember off hand but i think it is ok September to March.

However if you bring your dog to the beach during the summer months, little will happen to you.

The dates are laid out in the city bylaws for which there is little enforcement.

I'm not saying go ahead and break the bylaws, I'm just saying that if you do, the chances of any repercussions are virtually nil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Cappagh / Barna Woods is a good alternative. Some streams there if your dogs like water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I doubt you'd get done for it though, just make sure you clean up after your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Who is supposed to enforce the bylaws?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

I always found a good walk to be park in cappagh park beside soccer pitch and go through the park,Barna woods and on to silver strand.was always worried Salthill beach to close to the road.good workout!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭cena

I went to the one in renmore

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Even during the summer months your allowed to take your dog on the beach in the morning. before 9am.

I've been at Silverstrand and seen the lifeguards enforced this law on a few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Dogs on their own have been tricked by the warden telling them to "go-home" and then following them discretely in van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Dogs on their own have been tricked by the warden telling them to "go-home" and then following them discretely in van.

You wouldn't need to be too discreet for a dog.

Advertisement