Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you buy before this year is out?

Options
  • 24-09-2017 1:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Been looking for a while this last year and my time is running out this year
    Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Bought in August there..been looking for about 6 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Bought in August there..been looking for about 6 months

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hoping to. Have me eye on a place. Just looking around to see who has the lowest rates, with cashback etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Hoping to. Have me eye on a place. Just looking around to see who has the lowest rates, with cashback etc...

Those 2 things don't go into the same sentence

PTSB doing 2% cashback and 2% back in payments but % is dire to say the least

My mortgage is just over 950 and would be close enough to 1200 such is the rate difference with PTSB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

The_B_Man wrote: »

Those 2 things don't go into the same sentence

PTSB doing 2% cashback and 2% back in payments but % is dire to say the least

My mortgage is just over 950 and would be close enough to 1200 such is the rate difference with PTSB

What do you think.is the best product ( fixed) at the moment?

• Advertisement

Is it me or houses up on daft for months but we are told its a hot market

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

price register prices seem to have had a strong increase the last couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

sasta le wrote: »

Why is your time running out?

MSVforever wrote: »
    Why is your time running out?

Approval and maybe changing jobs.Also my rent is higher and have less money

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Approval and maybe changing jobs.Also my rent is higher and have less money

I get you. It's really hard to save while paying high rents 🙠I'm in a similar situation with changing jobs but think I will hold off for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I'm sale agreed but have hit a few hurdles ! It's looking like January before we'll get the key !! Feel like my life is on hold for this ....3 years saving and scrimping...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Wesser wrote: »
    What do you think.is the best product ( fixed) at the moment?

Best is such a subjective word. For us personally we just bought in August and went with a broker so had a choice of a few offers

Went with KBC 1 year fixed at 3.1% but tbh the 2.9% 10 year fixed looks tempting

That's our situation but everyone has different needs

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Went sale agreed this month. Been looking since April. Glad we did. House prices are only going one way and we got a lovely home for what we can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Is it me or houses up on daft for months but we are told its a hot market

New thing is properties are staying up on daft and the likes until contracts are actually signed and its sold not sale agreed only, as a lot of properties are coming back on the market due to mortgage issues and having to relist is costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭dubrov

Westwood wrote: »
    New thing is properties are staying up on daft and the likes until contracts are actually signed and its sold not sale agreed only, as a lot of properties are coming back on the market due to mortgage issues and having to relist is costly.

Properties always stayed on daft until actually sold. They are marked sale agreed.

I can't think why anyone would take down the ad until actually sold

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

In the process, looking with approval for around 2 months. Trying to close off quick if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

been looking since March - tough going trying to find something within budget . Currently bidding on a house but feel likes its going to go out of my reach as 2 other bidders involved and I am nearing my limit ( head fried !) - all ready 25k over the asking !!
    Love to be at least sale agreed by end of year but not looking likely - ah well just have to keep trying ; but man it one of the most stressful process with a lot of mind games going on !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I don't even have a boat....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

We were looking since November 2016, Sale agreed in May, closed in August.
    Decided to buy because circumstances changed family-wise, we still have some work to do at the house but it feels good. Bought in rural area so no bidding war and the price was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Looking since May in a rural area (Kerry) . Gone sale agreed and ready to sign contracts pending the vendor completing a couple of fixes for issues. No bidding war, but was affected by general price rises. Stlll, was under the asking price, and will hopefully be in for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Bought in July. Did a bit of work to it and moved in 2 weeks ago.
    Paid about 10% less than asking as house needed a fair bit of work. Based in Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We were looking from August last year & got the house in Feb just gone. Rural so no other bidders.

However, if you'd said to me in 2015 that I'd be in my own house start of 2017, I would have laughed heartily in your face, just didn't think it was on the cards for us. And the prices were far lower in 2015 compared to when we actually bought!

And I know all about time being against you, we had heard rumours of cut-backs in my husbands work and didn't know if the axe was going to fall before we had everything finalised with the house.

The same afternoon we got told that we could collect the keys, he got told he was being made redundant! Luckily he already had some other work lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Went after new build buying off plans in February. Got keys last week . In since Saturday.

Advertisement