Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options
  • 24-09-2017 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

May as well start this one up! According to my dates I'm due June 2nd
    I'm 38 and this will be my 4th baba
    Anyone else on here going to cumh, Cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm not due in June 2018, I had my baby in June 2017, and am just gobsmacked by how fast time is whizzing by! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NearlyForty

jlm29 wrote: »
    I'm not due in June 2018, I had my baby in June 2017, and am just gobsmacked by how fast time is whizzing by! Congrats!

Aw congrats!
    Yeah it's scary how time flies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Congratulations! I love seeing this new month threads starting :) I'm in the December one (in CUMH).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ChrissyLeen

Due 05th June. Great to see this thread up and going

I know it's very early days yet, and all that.. But when you have no one else to tell yet, it's nice to chat to other mama's in the same boat :-)

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I love seeing this new month threads starting :) I'm in the December one (in CUMH).

Congrats bee06!
    I've had 2 other babies in cumh but back about 8 years ago, so a bit of a gap! What's it like there now, as in how long would you be waiting for the first appointment and if queues are still as long?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Congrats bee06!
    I've had 2 other babies in cumh but back about 8 years ago, so a bit of a gap! What's it like there now, as in how long would you be waiting for the first appointment and if queues are still as long?
    Thanks

The wait times are still long! For my week 12 appointment I was waiting and hour for the ultrasound, 2 hours for my midwife appointment (on a different day) and at my 20 week appointment was another 2 hours. It was completely packed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ChrissyLeen

Very nervous. This is second pregnancy after missed miscarriage in June at 12 weeks. The excitement I had first time around is dampened this time. Filled with nerves this time

Very nervous. This is second pregnancy after missed miscarriage in June at 12 weeks. The excitement I had first time around is dampened this time. Filled with nerves this time

I can only imagine, you poor thing. A part of me is excited but another part of me is being apprehensive just in case
    Fingers crossed it'll all go well ;-)

bee06 wrote: »
    The wait times are still long! For my week 12 appointment I was waiting and hour for the ultrasound, 2 hours for my midwife appointment (on a different day) and at my 20 week appointment was another 2 hours. It was completely packed as well.

I had gone private with my last 2, but not willing to part with e3,500 or so this time!! The care you get is the exact same from what I can understand, but the only downfall are those waiting times I think!!
    Sure once baba's are fine, that's all that matters :-)
    Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

Hi ladies, due 1st June by my dates. baba number 3! also in CUMH. can I ask if anyone knows anyone that has gone under Dr Matt Hewitt and how the found him? I had my previous 2 under Prof Louise Kenny but she's leaving in the new yr so I've been given the option to go with her until then and then transfer over to Dr Hewitt or go with a new doc (was thinking dan mckenna) from the get go. I'm totally confused as what to do.

Shersie wrote: »
    Hi ladies, due 1st June by my dates. baba number 3! also in CUMH. can I ask if anyone knows anyone that has gone under Dr Matt Hewitt and how the found him? I had my previous 2 under Prof Louise Kenny but she's leaving in the new yr so I've been given the option to go with her until then and then transfer over to Dr Hewitt or go with a new doc (was thinking dan mckenna) from the get go. I'm totally confused as what to do.

I actually had Matt Hewitt on my last 2 babies and I found him great. A very nice man and very thorough. He was there for both of my deliveries, he always tries his best to make it. You'd often hear of consultants not being there or making it on time. I had a tough delivery with one of my babies and he was fantastic! I worshiped the man afterwards lol
    Would highly recommend, if you're going down the private route ;-)
    I'm hoping to try the midwife led teams this time or domino's scheme, as I'll be going public
    Good luck!

In fact, Prof Kenny is Dr Hewitt's wife! Probably one of the reasons why they're referring some of her patients over to him :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Im in!

Baby number 2 here. First was born in July 2016, so he'll be nearly 2 when this little'un arrives, please god.

I think I'm due early june (online estimates vary from 31st may-5th june, due to wonky cycle, which only returned in may when I finished breastfeeding my first).

I'm in Galway. Hope to be midwife led, but expect I'll have GD again, so may not be able.

Here's to the next 9 months ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dustyhardy

Just found out today...Due mid June & our 1st baby. My stomach is doing butterflies all day! It's very heartening to hear from people in the same boat esp when we can't speak to anyone else! I'm wondering if there's anything I should start taking? I have heard that fish oils are worthwhile. I've been taking folic acid for the last few months.

How is everyone feeling?
    I'm not having any pregnancy symptoms at all yet, other than extreme tiredness. Asleep in the couch last night by 9pm. Can't concentrate on anything at work, just sitting at my desk, yawning away!
    I had forgotten about this level of tiredness.

In fact,  Prof Kenny is Dr Hewitt's wife! Probably one of the reasons why they're referring some of her patients over to him :-)
    Thanks "Nearlyforty" I met him the once (covering for louise) and he was lovely. Decided to go with them both. I was just surprised he was staying about as i assumed he would have gone to liverpool with Prof kenny. But i know she has a research company so she must be commuting to liverpool when required. I will be with Louise kenny until she goes (they don't know exactly when yet but will be feb/march time) and then i will go over to him. Louise is worth her weight in gold so he has a tough act to follow :D

How is everyone feeling?
    I'm not having any pregnancy symptoms at all yet, other than extreme tiredness. Asleep in the couch last night by 9pm. Can't concentrate on anything at work, just sitting at my desk, yawning away!
    I had forgotten about this level of tiredness.
    Wrecked here 2. Had a lot of cramps (like mild period camps) over the last few days but normal enough going by my last 2 pregnancies. On night shift tonight so god only knows how i will last. I might be found asleep face down at my desk later on. Oh and the old boobies are a bit sensitive :blink:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Red67

Hey Ladies. I found out this week we are expecting our second baby in June and need to share the news with someone :) I pretty much knew I was pregnant before I was late because the unbelievable tiredness had already set in. Our other baby is 9 months old and I'm just back at work so I was shattered anyway! Other than feeling a bit queasy and crampy all is good so far. Let's hope it stays that way for us all xx

No appetite at all for the last 2 weeks but once I eat something I seem to be okay. Feeling quite queesy more now as well, and very crampy. Oh the joys! I'm happy once baba is doing fine. I'm bursting for an early scan, might check out getting a private one done for peace of mind. Unfortunately, I've had many friends who have had missed miscarriages, so that's always on the back of my mind

• Advertisement

I've very little by way of symptoms. I'm excruciatingly tired, but other than that, nothing. No nausea (none of that last time either), no tender breasts, no cramps, nothing... I find it difficult, I could do with some of the reassurance these kinds of symptoms bring.

I'm getting over a cold. Hopefully I'll be all clear by Friday so I can pop into the doc and get my flu jab. I think we will have to get it twice to cover 2 flu seasons (i think I read that they start in october and april). As far as I remember, I have to wait till later in the pregnancy (or is it later in the season?) for the whooping cough vaccine?

Oh, and I'm also suffering with a sick husband. He's crippled with the sniffles at the moment!

Hi Ladies are many of ye getting the flu jab? I've never gotten it before so i'm wondering if i should

Shersie wrote:
    Hi Ladies are many of ye getting the flu jab? I've never gotten it before so i'm wondering if i should

I am. We are slap bang in the middle of flu season, and they say that it's a really bad strain coming this winter.
    I got it on my last pregnancy (a july baby, so timings were similar), with nothing more than a bit of redness on my arm for a day.

A sore arm I can live with, the possible consequences if I didnt get it, I couldn't.

I've never actually had a flu jab before, like ever
    So I'm not sure yet..
    The whooping cough vaccine must be a new thing? My friend that had her 4th baba 2 months ago did need to get one but at the end of her pregnancy as she was being brought in early for a csection, along with the steroid injections for baba's lungs..So I actually didn't think all women needed the whooping cough??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Red67

Hey. You can get the flu vaccine at any stage but I will wait until I am over 3 months and decide then. The whooping couch is after 27 weeks. I got it last time but didn't get the flu vaccine. I was due in December last time though so will see.

Yes, that's right! Sorry, I'd forgotten. The whooping cough is as much to have in the baby's system post birth, so you get it later. Its really to keep them safe till they start getting their own vaccines. I do know a few people weeks very small babies were in hospital with whooping cough, so I'll do.what I can to avoid that happening to mine.
    It's not that new, I got it when pregnant in 2016.

Flu you can get at any time, but not much point getting it after the flu season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Red67 wrote: »
    The whooping couch is after 27 weeks.

The recommendation changed this year to get it between 16- 36 weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Whooping cough has always been there but it's come more to fore in recent years, as it waa realised the mother loses immunity over time, and needs the booster.My GP said it had just been slow for GPs to pick it up and start recommending it, as the general consensus is to avoid giving antibiotics etc where possible when someone is pregnant.
    I was pregnant with my first in 2013 and it was recommended then.This time round (third) though they are quite firm in the recommendation, I have found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The recommendation changed this year to get it between 16- 36 weeks.

Yep, I had it and my flu shot on the same day at 20 weeks.

Advertisement