Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NearlyForty

My last baby was in 2009, so I'm a bit out of the loop! I'm sure my doc will fill me in next week, thanks for the heads up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Very tentatively joining this thread. Due June 16th. Have a 1 year old and didn't join that thread until after the 12 week scan. Feeling no symptoms except a few cramps a few days ago. Can't remember how I felt at this stage with my first born. I was lucky enough then to escape morning sickness but had some indigestion around 8 weeks. Have my gp appointment on Monday. How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

does anyone else feel hungover ALL the time? the nausea I'm feeling 24/7 is like I was on a bender the night b4 and all I want is hangover food! I'll b the size of a bus in a few wks if this nausea doesn't go away shortly. didn't have it this bad the last 2 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Yea, I'm feeling the hangover too. No nausea, but only want to eat ****. And I'm going through 2-3 pints of water in bed every night, and I'm still waking up in the middle of the night, really dry mouthed, as if I've been on the tear the night before. I had the same last time.

Shersie wrote: »
    does anyone else feel hungover ALL the time? the nausea I'm feeling 24/7 is like I was on a bender the night b4 and all I want is hangover food! I'll b the size of a bus in a few wks if this nausea doesn't go away shortly. didn't have it this bad the last 2 times.

Omg I'm the exact same!! I don't have much of an appetite, just the odd longing for something and more times than not, the food isn't a healthy choice!

• Advertisement

And I'm thirsty all the time, longing for drinks with ice cubes.. but the strange thing about it is, I can't handle normal flat water, it has to be sparkling! Can't drink my usual tea or coffee, even herbal teas, my tummy turns at the thought of it
    I'm after taking a liking to strawberry ribena, the kids must be looking at me odd!

Pretty thirsty alright. Knocking back the water. Anybody else bloated? I am soooo bloated. Feel like pulling my maternity jeans out of the wardrobe, even though I didn't need them until 15 weeks on baba nr one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Penzer

Hi, everyone 😀, also joining this thread although very nervous, due date is the 19th of June. Have been trying a while so quite a surprise, already have a lo she is 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

I’m going to tentatively add myself in. I’m possibly looking at a due date of June 28th. Have a DD who turns two next month. Have been trying since she turned one, but still a surprise to get a pos.

Congrats Penzer and Glenn Coco!

• Advertisement

Welcome to the club, penzer and glenn coco!

I got my booking in appointment and my first scan dates yesterday.

Nov 10th for scan, Dec 5th for booking in.

Dying for the scan. I'm feeling so unpregnant sometimes that it scares me. But then I reflect on the day and remember how tired i am, how nauseas I was at various times, my skin is wrecked, I'm getting fat, an way hungrier, thirstier etc.
    Beyond confirming that everything is ok, I'm also looking forward to finding out how pregnant I am (hopefully) because my dates are ranging from may 29th (based on 1st day of last period) - june 4th (based on when I think I ovulated).

A second line came up so fast and so strong on my test - a really really dark line appeared as soon as the liquid reached the test line - that I think maybe either I interpreted my dates wrong, or that there's more than 1 bubs in there!

And finally, once the scan is done, and presuming everything is as it should be, we can start telling people. Can't wait for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

Hi Ladies, I'm nervously joining too. I had a miscarriage in March and I'm so nervous this time around - it's my first. Based on my dates I thought I was due at the end of May but I was in for an early scan last week and I was given a date of the 8th of June. It was amazing seeing a little heartbeat though, just looking forward to the next scan now for reassurance.

I'm hoping I'm with this group for the long haul :)

Had a bit of a scare this week. Had some spotting which I never had with my first baby. Got a scan in the early pregnancy unit yesterday and all fine. 7 weeks today so still very early. Had to tell my boss though, but he's great. It's amazing, baby only 0.75cm and yet they can see the heart beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Hi girls I'm joining in this group too. Had an early scan this week that gave me a due date of June 4th! I had previously thought I was nearly 10 weeks so it puts me back a bit but was so delighted to see the little heart beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Red67

Hi. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. We got an early scan done today just to make sure it's not twins as they run in my family. All is looking good so far. Baby is 1.6cm and due date hasn't changed. I can't wait for my first scan in the hospital. It's meant to be at 12 weeks but I havnt got an appointment yet. Ya all changed since last year. I didn't get a scan until I was 16 weeks on my first.

Hi all, so I'm 9.4 weeks now and decided to go for a private scan last week, as was waiting awhile on a date from the hospital and we found out we're having twins!! We were pleasantly shocked! Please God it'll all go well now & I can't wait for my next scan to see how they're doing! x

Hi all, so I'm 9.4 weeks now and decided to go for a private scan last week, as was waiting awhile on a date from the hospital and we found out we're having twins!! We were pleasantly shocked! Please God it'll all go well now & I can't wait for my next scan to see how they're doing! x

Oh wow, nearlyforty, congrats! Exciting times ahead.

Wow NearlyForty! Congratulations, great news. Don't you have a few at home as well? And here's me wondering how I will cope with two under two. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pawbruce168

Hi Everyone, nervously joining up here! I have been following this thread for weeks now but too nervous to join.  8 weeks now and have a scan next Monday - can't wait for that. I already have a girl who is 2and a half and a boy who is 14 months. As with both of those pregnancies i didn't have any morning sickness and just a small bit of nausea. This time is the same but i am much much bigger for just 8 weeks. I am guessing its due to everything being very lax after the last 2 pregnancies even though i always got back to pre preg size. Twins did cross my mind but i think i am feeling far too well. Hope everyone is feeling well.  Nearlyforty - huge congrats on twins!! As a matter of interest did you have any tell tale signs before your scan? Can't wait for my scan next week and I just hope all goes well. Had a very early miscarriage just before this pregnancy and don't want to face that heart ache again.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all, I just came across this thread. I found out today I am pregnant after 3 years of trying!! I am over the moon and terrified at the same time. I think i am due around the end of june. Have a GP appointment tomorrow to confirm all. This is my 1st pregnancy so no idea what to expect. I have lower back pain and a lot of wind in my belly - is this normal?? 🙄 I suffer from ibs so it could be that acting up. Very tired all the time and my boobs are so sore!! Great to have this group to chat to until we can tell people 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 pawbruce168

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just came across this thread. I found out today I am pregnant after 3 years of trying!! I am over the moon and terrified at the same time. I think i am due around the end of june. Have a GP appointment tomorrow to confirm all. This is my 1st pregnancy so no idea what to expect. I have lower back pain and a lot of wind in my belly - is this normal?? 🙄 I suffer from ibs so it could be that acting up. Very tired all the time and my boobs are so sore!! Great to have this group to chat to until we can tell people 😊
    Congratulations! Its great to get a positive test especially when trying for a long time. I have been in the same boat for our first child. Wishing you the very best and hope gp appintment goes well.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just came across this thread. I found out today I am pregnant after 3 years of trying!! I am over the moon and terrified at the same time. I think i am due around the end of june. Have a GP appointment tomorrow to confirm all. This is my 1st pregnancy so no idea what to expect. I have lower back pain and a lot of wind in my belly - is this normal?? �� I suffer from ibs so it could be that acting up. Very tired all the time and my boobs are so sore!! Great to have this group to chat to until we can tell people ��

Congratulations! Yes, I have been so bloated and wind is normal. I have a touch of ibs too. Constipation and the trouble that can bring was a problem for me on my last pregnancy. So make sure to drink lots of water and get your fruit in! The gp told me to eat three kiwis every morning to keep things moving. Doing my best to avoid constipation this time around.

Congrats again. Very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Red67

Congratulations NearlyForty! Very exciting. I feel so big this week I'm nearly convinced they missed a baby on my scan! I could pass for 4 or 5 months pregnant already. I don't know if it's because I had a baby 10 months ago or if it's just bloating but I'll have to get my maternity clothes out soon because my regular clothes are so uncomfortable. The tiredness isn't subsiding at all yet. Trying to juggle work and the baby is getting hard. I got a promotion and will have to learn a completely different job in the next few weeks and it's going to be tough!! It's all good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

Congrats guys! I saw the thread and had to come on. I just had my first there in July!

I remember the excitement (& sickness /tiredness/bloatness ) haha all soo worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread aswell. I'm due June 20th, had a miscarriage in February so a little nervous but very excited at the same time. I have a little 2yo girl also. I'm having horrible, unrelenting nausea this time around, trying not to complain but it's very hard not to, the smell of everything pretty much makes me quesy at this stage but just reminding myself it will pass soon and will be worth it.
    Congratulations to you all, such exciting times ahead!

We started telling people our news this weekend. My best friend, who is going through a tough time with ivf at the moment, so I wanted to let her know first, and sensitively. I was out with my sister last night, so told her. And I was with my parents just there, so told them. We'll have to tell the in-laws soon. Then I can let everyone else know next Friday, after the scan, hopefully.

Congrats Lilypad! It can be very hard to stay positive especially with some of the symptoms even though you know how lucky you are.
    I was just gonna ask when are people planning to start telling about their pregnancy? how many weeks are you sonandmoon? I'm 10 tomorrow but as hard as a secret it is to keep I kinda love having my own little secret ( with the husband obviously).
    We told our mams just over a week ago but only because his mam is living with us for a while and was so so hard to hide it. I was going to try to keep it a secret til 14 weeks. I feel like the "advice" will start coming hard and fast once it's out and it will feel very very real (I know it's real and delighted but his mam has already given me all her birth stories the day she found out and could do without tbh!!!)

Any key? wrote:
    Congrats Lilypad! It can be very hard to stay positive especially with some of the symptoms even though you know how lucky you are. I was just gonna ask when are people planning to start telling about their pregnancy? how many weeks are you sonandmoon? I'm 10 tomorrow but as hard as a secret it is to keep I kinda love having my own little secret ( with the husband obviously). We told our mams just over a week ago but only because his mam is living with us for a while and was so so hard to hide it. I was going to try to keep it a secret til 14 weeks. I feel like the "advice" will start coming hard and fast once it's out and it will feel very very real (I know it's real and delighted but his mam has already given me all her birth stories the day she found out and could do without tbh!!!)

I'm nearly 11 weeks going by lmc, but will probably find out I'm closer to 10 at the scan next week.
    We'll start telling everyone else after the scan.

On my first pregnancy, we told our parents at 8 weeks, and gradually told family until 12 weeks, which was Christmas time, and we told everyone we met!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kdygal

Hello and congratulations to everyone here ☺️ I just came across this thread yesterday. I'm 32 years old and expecting my much longed for first baby on the 16th of June after trying for more than 2 years. Decided to go private for my first for peace of mind and I have my first appointment with Dr Mairead O'Riordan on the 5th of Dec. Had an early scan on the 1st of Nov and thankfully so far so good. I'm currently 8.5 weeks. Symptoms not too bad so far, feeling a bit queasy at certain points of the day and feeling extremely tired but all good signs anyway.

• Advertisement

Congrats kdygal! it's such an exciting time. I'm 31 and it's our first too. Due around June 5th. Starting to doubt our decision to go public now. Have first appointment in Rotunda on Monday so going to see how it goes, if all seems ok with baby etc and see

Advertisement