Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Any key? wrote: »
    Congrats kdygal! it's such an exciting time. I'm 31 and it's our first too. Due around June 5th. Starting to doubt our decision to go public now. Have first appointment in Rotunda on Monday so going to see how it goes, if all seems ok with baby etc and see

Hi Any Key, congrats!! I'm attending rotunda too. Im not due till 4th July (although 28th June according to my doc) but my first app in hospital is not until 22nd December. Have you been referred to the early pregnancy unit for your appointment on Monday or is it a normal 1st visit app? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kdygal

Congrats kdygal! it's such an exciting time. I'm 31 and it's our first too. Due around June 5th. Starting to doubt our decision to go public now. Have first appointment in Rotunda on Monday so going to see how it goes, if all seems ok with baby etc and see

Congrats ☺️Exactly see how you get on Monday and you can decide then. I thought we'd have to go down the IVF route so we had money saved for that and when it turned out I didn't need it we decided to use the money to go private. Is it your first scan Monday? It's so exciting ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pawbruce168

Hi everyone... had a scan monday and all looked good. They were happy with size and heart beat. So i was thrilled. So nervous going in as didn't as per other pregnancies have any majorly strong symptoms. 9 weeks now and back in 3 weeks for 12 week scan. Hope everyone else doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NearlyForty

Congrats to all the latest mummies!
    I have my second scan next Wednesday so fingers crossed all is still well!
    I'm starting to get immune to the nausea at this stage but the constipation is crippling, yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cat2017

Hi all, said I’d finally join this thread after lurking for a few weeks! Due around June 22nd, 8 weeks tomorrow. Have my first scan in EPU tomorrow due to missed miscarriage in June so I’m a bag of nerves, I dunno how I’m even going to walk into the scanning room! Last time we only found out about miscarriage at 8 week private scan so I’m expecting the worst again, my symptoms are much stronger than last time though so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. Fingers crossed I’ll have good news to share tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Any Key, congrats!! I'm attending rotunda too. Im not due till 4th July (although 28th June according to my doc) but my first app in hospital is not until 22nd December. Have you been referred to the early pregnancy unit for your appointment on Monday or is it a normal 1st visit app? :)
    No! I rang them late September when I found out I was pregnant and they put me down for next week. I thought I was a week further along but early scan with gp showed I was about a week behind so it will be very early for first scan. hoping I can see something when we go as 8 weeks it just looked like a blob!

No! I rang them late September when I found out I was pregnant and they put me down for next week. I thought I was a week further along but early scan with gp showed I was about a week behind so it will be very early for first scan. hoping I can see something when we go as 8 weeks it just looked like a blob!

That's crazy. My doc referred me to early pregnancy unit as i have been attending fertility clinic in rotunda for nearly 2 years and i also have PCOS so he wanted me to be seen earlier....earliest date they gave me was 22nd December!!! Best of luck with your scan, very exciting :)

Boop22 wrote: »
    That's crazy. My doc referred me to early pregnancy unit as i have been attending fertility clinic in rotunda for nearly 2 years and i also have PCOS so he wanted me to be seen earlier....earliest date they gave me was 22nd December!!! Best of luck with your scan, very exciting :)
    I did phone them myself and booked it so maybe that was it. in fairness it's much the same. I'm due exactly a month before you so if I was 12 weeks on Monday as they thought I would be instead of 11 weeks I think it would work out the same as you when you go in. the only difference is now I know my new dates I probably shouldnt be in til the following week so the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

We had our scan yesterday.

Waving out at us, clear little heartbeat thumping away, kicking and bouncing around. We very clearly saw the eyes, beautiful butterfly shaped brain, nice long spine, 2 legs, 2 arms. I'm convinced I saw little boy bits, but the sonographer insisted it was the cord, that it's too soon to tell. Hmmm!
    It was a great scan.

My due date has changed to 31st May, but, as I fully expect it to be well into June before I meet this little one, I think I'll stay on here!

8 week scan on Friday went great, can’t believe it. Baby is good size, bang on 8 weeks and heartbeat flickering away, I was in so much shock that things were ok that I didn’t really take it all in or ask any questions but delighted now. It makes dealing with the constant nausea and exhaustion that bit easier :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

Congratulations Cat2017 - it's such a relief after a missed miscarriage the last time. I'm in for the 12 week scan next week so I'm just hoping that goes well too.

12 week scan this morning and all went well thank god! was kicking his little legs and covering face with his hands. The relief was unbelievable. Also moved my due date to May 28th but as it's my first I'd say I'm going to be early June all things going well.
    Think my next appointment will be with Domino scheme unless they feel I'm too high risk due to some family history. I've heard great things about it so I'm delighted.

Cat2017 wrote: »
    8 week scan on Friday went great, can’t believe it. Baby is good size, bang on 8 weeks and heartbeat flickering away, I was in so much shock that things were ok that I didn’t really take it all in or ask any questions but delighted now. It makes dealing with the constant nausea and exhaustion that bit easier :)

Hi Cat2017,

I am considering going for a private scan next week when i will be 8 weeks but wasn't sure if I should wait a bit longer. Can you see much on the scan at this early stage? :)

Hi Boop22, I definitely think it’s worth going at 8 weeks, you should be able to see the heartbeat flickering away and make out a baby(ish) shape!! The sonographer was able to point out where the head was and where the limbs were starting to grow etc. I’m sure in a few weeks you would see much more but I went for peace of mind more than anything.

Hi Boop22, I definitely think it’s worth going at 8 weeks, you should be able to see the heartbeat flickering away and make out a baby(ish) shape!! The sonographer was able to point out where the head was and where the limbs were starting to grow etc. I’m sure in a few weeks you would see much more but I went for peace of mind more than anything.

Cat2017 wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. I think I will deffo go next week so. I have my first scan in hospital on 22 December but need some reassurance before then. I will book in for late next week :)

Hi ladies, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have my 12 week appointment next week but my husband has just been told he has an early morning meeting he can't get out of. I was told the appointment was 8-10am, does that mean I can arrive anytime between those times or I have to be there at 8am? Also, what is the process for the appointments? I'm in Holles Street.
    If I could go in at 9.30/10 he'd probably get in shortly after.
    I could go without him but I'd like him to be there.

Thanks

Hi ladies, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have my 12 week appointment next week but my husband has just been told he has an early morning meeting he can't get out of. I was told the appointment was 8-10am, does that mean I can arrive anytime between those times or I have to be there at 8am? Also, what is the process for the appointments? I'm in Holles Street. If I could go in at 9.30/10 he'd probably get in shortly after. I could go without him but I'd like him to be there.

Is it your booking in appointment, or your scan?

I would do my best to have him at the scan if ye can, so I'd say head there for 9.30 if the letter says appointment 8-10. It's likely they sent out the same letter to loads of women, who will all turn up in the morning, and will be processed on a 1st come 1st served basis. You might be waiting a while, but at least your husband will get to be there.

If it's the booking in appointment, I'd tell him to stay at work altogether. I haven't had mine yet, but I remember from last time it was lots of waiting around, but even more so for my husband. I was getting bloods taken, having urine sampled, filling in forms upon forms. I even had to have an interview which my husband couldn't sit in on because they ask questions related to domestic violence (totally standard, done for every patient). And every process involved another queue, it took bloody hours, and he was just a spare wheel there. He went be coming again this time.

That's how it's done in Galway, on the public system anyway. May be different elsewhere.

Thanks for the information the_sonandmoon. It's my booking appointment, but I thought there was a very quick small scan at the same appointment - I really hope so anyway. I'm going public.

I'll ring Holles Street tomorrow, but I think I'm going to go in at 9.30 or so and hopefully he'll get in shortly after. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

How is everyone doing? Had a scan on Thursday @9 weeks. Was a bit nervous as pretty much symptom less but all good. The little arm and leg buds were waving at the start of the scan. She moved my due date by three days but will finalise that at the booking scan. Will get the harmony test then too.

My jeans are starting to get tight. I held out on the maternity pants until 15 weeks the last time but will have to dig them out earlier this time!

• Advertisement

cornflake1 wrote:
    My jeans are starting to get tight. I held out on the maternity pants until 15 weeks the last time but will have to dig them out earlier this time!

Yes, I'm very close to pulling out the fat pants too. I'm 12 weeks plus a few, and am just living in loose fit jeans like jeggings. I put on a pair of leather jeans the other day and had them open under a baggy jumper from lunchtime onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

LoveBrowsing if my appt was 8-10am I'd be there before 8, where I am it's basically first come first served, with appts given all around the same time, ie 9am, 9.10, 9.20, etc but seen in order of who arrives first. Booking appt takes 2-3 hours so the later you arrive the busier it is and the longer it takes. Can you just call and see if you can get a later appt? Although the scan is a very small part of it, which I know is nice to have your partner at but the rest is very dull and just involves lots of waiting around for partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

I had my first scan on Wednesday. The consultant reckons i'm slightly ahead by a couple of days but she said she's happy to stay with my own dates of the 1st of June, I went early on both my previous 2 pregnancies so i reckon i'll be the last week in May. The pic was so clear it was great, baby was moving loads she was very happy with everything, delighted its done as you'd be nervous going in "what if" and all that. i'm back in again Christmas week for the anomaly scan as my consultant is due to go on a sabbatical after Christmas. She isn't sure when exactly she will be heading but wanted to make sure she did the anomaly scan before she went and i'm transferred to her husband (also an consultant!! #loadsofmoneyinthathouse :D). She does like a mini anomaly herself as the big one is done with a sonographer that works with her, so that you know what to expect in the big one and can enjoy it (hopefully) 
    Still haven't told anyone yet, going away with my family next week so the cat will be out of the bag when i'm not have a glass of wine. Hoping to get to after Christmas before i have to tell work etc, i felt last time it just makes the whole thing go a bit quicker as i didn't have so many "when are u due/ how long left" ditto on the clothes the jeans are starting to feel snog and i have had to open the top button when sitting at my desk in the afternoons for comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Belladonna44

Hi ladies, mind if I hop on & join ye? I'm due baby no 2 on June 21st. Exciting times! Been feeling rough for the last month or so, having major food aversions & nausea. Enrolled on the Domino scheme in Holles Street. Having a private scan at 12 wks as you only get a 22 wk scan with Domino. Jeans also tight - that'd be all the white carbs I've been scoffing. Roll on maternity jeans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Some of you ladies were talking about getting the flu jab. Did you get it yet and if so what week? Just wondering what your doctors recommended. Ta!

cornflake1 wrote:
    Some of you ladies were talking about getting the flu jab. Did you get it yet and if so what week? Just wondering what your doctors recommended. Ta!

I got it at about a month ago, at about 8-9 weeks. I don't think they say a time in your pregnancy you should get it, just that you should get it during the flu season.

Cornflakes my gp said to me to wait til 2nd trimester. My friend who is a nurse said it isn't just for the baby it's to protect the mother who could actually die from a bad dose of the flu (scary stuff). I will defo be booking in for it over the next week or so.

Hi, for anyone who has attended the Rotunda could you tell me how long the first visit takes? My app is at 8.30am so trying to figure out if i need to take the whole morning off work. TIA :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Popping in from May thread....take the whole morning Boop or at least say you would expect to be gone until 11/12 (depending travel time to work).It takes 2-3 hours, mine took 4 in the semi-p clinic and someone else recently took 5 in the public.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Popping in from May thread....take the whole morning Boop or at least say you would expect to be gone until 11/12 (depending travel time to work).It takes 2-3 hours, mine took 4 in the semi-p clinic and someone else recently took 5 in the public.

Thanks a mill for that. I think i will be taking a half day so. Lol I stupidly thought I'd be 2 hours max. Eeek

Advertisement