Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Thanks for your reply the_sonandmoon. You've made my mind up for me, although a full day would be easier the one thing that was drawing me to the hospital classes was being able to see the wards etc. I feel very naive sometimes

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but when I as brought into the delivery suite on the antenatal tour, I was surprised that there was only 1 bed in there. I thought that what they showed in one born every minute was fancy nhs hospitals, and that our health system would have us all in a big room pushing babies out together. Imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Love Browsing, in also thinking of doing the day course and not the public. It was tye delivery room tour that I really wanted to do.

I'm with rotunda so may not apply to Holles Street but they have advised that I can tag onto one of the delivery tours without doing them all
    Might be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

How is everybody doing?

Have any of you bought anything yet? I think I felt my first kick yesterday.. was panicking a bit as I felt them earlier with my daughter on my last pregnancy but nearly positive there's a bit of movement staring now :-)

amor3 wrote:
    Have any of you bought anything yet? I think I felt my first kick yesterday.. was panicking a bit as I felt them earlier with my daughter on my last pregnancy but nearly positive there's a bit of movement staring now :-)

We got our double buggy today. Don't really need much more. I'm getting a second cot from a friend

We got our double buggy today. Don't really need much more. I'm getting a second cot from a friend

Exciting!!! What did you go for? I actually have/had a buggy obbession!! I gave everything away only last year. This one was a complete and unexpected (good) surprise. My sil has a 9 month old so hoping to get some bits from her but will have to buy some stuff from scratch. I bought a summer tog sleeping bag. We booked our summer holidays and have babs booked in but will have to alter it when we have a name, sex and date of birth :-)

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote:
    Exciting!!! What did you go for? I actually have/had a buggy obbession!! I gave everything away only last year. This one was a complete and unexpected (good) surprise. My sil has a 9 month old so hoping to get some bits from her but will have to buy some stuff from scratch. I bought a summer tog sleeping bag. We booked our summer holidays and have babs booked in but will have to alter it when we have a name, sex and date of birth :-)

We got the mothercare genie. I have a single out n about and I have fallen out of love with it, so id say the genie will be our single when the older fella grows out of buggies.
    I bought very little for the first fella because my sister kept everything for me from her lads (some of the gear is 15 years old but it does the job for the tiny amount of time babies are in clothes or into any toys).
    Ill be buying even less this time!

Exciting stuff about the holidays. How old will the new one be when ye head off?

We got the mothercare genie. I have a single out n about and I have fallen out of love with it, so id say the genie will be our single when the older fella grows out of buggies.
    I bought very little for the first fella because my sister kept everything for me from her lads (some of the gear is 15 years old but it does the job for the tiny amount of time babies are in clothes or into any toys).
    Ill be buying even less this time!

Exciting stuff about the holidays. How old will the new one be when ye head off?

Around 8 weeks pg! Could be older if I get induced, which I was last time due to gd. And the consultant mentioned a possible section this time round. I've had some fibroids removed in the last year so depending if they were in the womb or not, she is thinking a possibility of section. Had 1 with my first and it's really not something I want to do again but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

I've been looking at the city mini lately. Can get adapters then for car seat, so that's the front runner at the minute. I had a p&t for my youngest 2, I loved that but was ever so heavy!

18 weeks today! Going quickly...

Where's everyone at??

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

amor3 wrote: »
    18 weeks today! Going quickly...

Where's everyone at??

17+2 here! Don't feel pregnant most of the time, due to running around after a 15 month old. Had a scan last week and all good. Will have the anomaly next around 22 weeks.

Got my harmony test results, low risk which is great. I have a sticker over the gender on the results sheet. I keep taking it out to look out but haven't pulled it off. I had the gender in an envelope last time and never opened it. Did find out the gender accidentally at 36 weeks though due to a receptionist error!

cornflake1 wrote: »
    17+2 here! Don't feel pregnant most of the time, due to running around after a 15 month old. Had a scan last week and all good. Will have the anomaly next around 22 weeks.

Got my harmony test results, low risk which is great. I have a sticker over the gender on the results sheet. I keep taking it out to look out but haven't pulled it off. I had the gender in an envelope last time and never opened it. Did find out the gender accidentally at 36 weeks though due to a receptionist error!

I'm the same re: not feeling very pregnant.. have a 3 and a half year old, 7 year old and 21 year old to be running around after :-)

I'm in preterm clinic on Friday so will get a scan then and then anomaly scan on the 29th. I am debating the harmony test. Do you mind me asking if this is a routine thing now? This is the only pregnancy where it was mentioned but I thought it was down to the fact I'm 40 now. I said I'd leave it til the anomaly and then decide. Do you automatically get the gender results with it? I never found out on any of them and don't want to this time either. I thought my consultant messed up last time, I got to 38 weeks and she was doing a scan and said "he"... I was gutted I made it that far without knowing.. baby was a girl, so I'm thinking she just calls all babies "he".

Have you felt any movement? I'm obsessed with movement. Haven't felt much at all :-/

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote:
    Where's everyone at??

I'm 19+4 today. I can't believe I'll be half way on Thursday. Its absolutely flying by, which is great. It definitely didn't feel this quick last time. The difference a busy toddler makes.

I can't believe the baby is only the size of a tomato - I feel like it should be a lot more by now. It's a really active tomato, at least!

I'm 19+4 today. I can't believe I'll be half way on Thursday. Its absolutely flying by, which is great. It definitely didn't feel this quick last time. The difference a busy toddler makes.

I can't believe the baby is only the size of a tomato - I feel like it should be a lot more by now. It's a really active tomato, at least!

My gosh!! Must be a big beef tomatoes at 19+ weeks :-) the app I'm using (ovia) has babs the size of a sweet potatoe today. I have babycentre email updates. Coming from all angels.

Great for you sonandmoon, you will be on the countdown from Thursday, it's mad when you look back and realise how fast it goes ..

I'm the same re: not feeling very pregnant.. have a 3 and a half year old, 7 year old and 21 year old to be running around after :-)

I'm in preterm clinic on Friday so will get a scan then and then anomaly scan on the 29th. I am debating the harmony test. Do you mind me asking if this is a routine thing now? This is the only pregnancy where it was mentioned but I thought it was down to the fact I'm 40 now. I said I'd leave it til the anomaly and then decide. Do you automatically get the gender results with it? I never found out on any of them and don't want to this time either. I thought my consultant messed up last time, I got to 38 weeks and she was doing a scan and said "he"... I was gutted I made it that far without knowing.. baby was a girl, so I'm thinking she just calls all babies "he".

Have you felt any movement? I'm obsessed with movement. Haven't felt much at all :-/

My goodness you are busy! And I think I'm busy with one in the house! :)

No movement yet! I was told at my last scan that the placenta is at the front, the same as last time so any movement will be muffled for me anyway. I was looking forward to feeling proper movement this time. I guess the most important thing is that the placenta is doing its job though, and also that it is not low. It was low lying the last time but got the all clear at 34 weeks. Will find out at the anomaly scan.

As for the Harmony, I got it as I'm 41. It's a very personal choice. I asked the midwife the last day about it and she said it is becoming more popular amongst women of all ages. I know my sister hadn't heard of it when she gave birth in 2013, but she was 33. She had another baby at 36 in 2016 and the consultant did mention it to her then but she decided against it. It's pricey though at 380 euro. The gender is optional but I still ticked the box anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday as well, can't wait to be on the counting down side of things. My almost 6yr old has the flu at the mo so fingers crossed i'll avoid it, i got the flu jab so here's hoping.
    I have a scan next week with the consultant and then the [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]anomaly scam the following week so will feel more relaxed after that. I've been binge watching "call the midwife" on Netflix and i think somethings on that have subconsciously freaked me out......silly I know [/font]

Shersie wrote:
    I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday as well, can't wait to be on the counting down side of things. My almost 6yr old has the flu at the mo so fingers crossed i'll avoid it, i got the flu jab so here's hoping. I have a scan next week with the consultant and then the anomaly scam the following week so will feel more relaxed after that. I've been binge watching "call the midwife" on Netflix and i think somethings on that have subconsciously freaked me out......silly I know

Oh cool shersie, we're the same!

I love call the midwife. Such a great show.

Damn, I got my diary mixed up, I have a midwives clinic appointment tomorrow, the anomaly scan is the following week. Ah well, another week isnt too bad

amor3 wrote:
    My gosh!! Must be a big beef tomatoes at 19+ weeks :-) the app I'm using (ovia) has babs the size of a sweet potatoe today. I have babycentre email updates. Coming from all angels.

I used ovia on my last pregnancy. I thought id mix it up this time, so am using the what to expect app.
    I think ovia is more generous with its fruit and veg comparisons, which, I guess, is why im disappointed in the miserly tomato at 19 weeks!

Damn, I got my diary mixed up, I have a midwives clinic appointment tomorrow, the anomaly scan is the following week. Ah well, another week isnt too bad

How did you get on in clinic yesterday?

I was only saying the other day that I didn't feel pregnant. Well I feel pregnant now! My last babycentre update on Saturday said a growth spurt was due and baby would double in size over the next few weeks. Well it is like baby has tripled in size since Saturday! Faint rumblings of heartburn too. Stocked up on my Gaviscon.

amor3 wrote:
    How did you get on in clinic yesterday?

Fine thanks. It felt like a bit if a waste of time, but I was in and out in no time, so what harm. I heard the little heartbeat galloping away too, which is always a bonus!
    They were also able to verify that my bloods from the early gdd test came back fine, and that my iron levels were bang on. So, keep going as I am, I suppose.

The hospital seem to be putting me a day ahead of my app, based on the same date. It doesn't really matter as its such a guesstimate, but she had me as 20 weeks on wed, and my app had me at 20 on Thursday, both based on edd of 31st may (which is a Thursday).

Dying for next week and the scan now. Can't wait to see the little bubs again!

• Advertisement

Ah that's lovely! Have they always been mixed up by a day or just that appoitment? Maybe the nurse got confused by what day it was. Happens me all the time with or without baby brain :-)
    I was 2 days ahead with my dates than the hospital which is fine but I always thought if your dates were not that much out they would just leave it as the dates as per last period!

amor3 wrote:
    Ah that's lovely! Have they always been mixed up by a day or just that appoitment? Maybe the nurse got confused by what day it was. Happens me all the time with or without baby brain :-) I was 2 days ahead with my dates than the hospital which is fine but I always thought if your dates were not that much out they would just leave it as the dates as per last period!

No, it keeps happening. They pull out the wheel thing, ask me my due date, or lmp date, and then always get it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

Might be a bit early for some to be buying but there is a baby event on in Aldi this Thursday with lovely looking nursery furniture for over half the price you'd pay in mothercare etc.

Shersie wrote:
    Might be a bit early for some to be buying but there is a baby event on in Aldi this Thursday with lovely looking nursery furniture for over half the price you'd pay in mothercare etc.

Great tip! Aldi baby stuff is brilliant, imo.

What's is anyone, if any, planning to try buy in Aldi in the morning?

I've been looking at the cot but just a bit weary of buying too soon.

What's is anyone, if any, planning to try buy in Aldi in the morning?

I've been looking at the cot but just a bit weary of buying too soon.

Not getting anything this time! Got the highchair before but at 12 months my little girl was making serious efforts to escape so had to buy a different brand as there was a real danger of her falling out.

All the cot beds were gone from all the Galway city stores by the time I got there at lunchtime. Ah well, I'll have to go ahead with that trip to Ikea at some stage. Probably won't need it till august/sept when we move out of the Moses baskets.

We found out yesterday that we are having another little boy. There was a tiny (stupid) bit of disappointment, on both of our behaves, and my husband is terrified that I'll want to go again to try for a girl in a couple of years, but I'm coming around to the idea of a house full of lads. And hopefully they will be great friends when there's only 2 years between them. All is developing perfectly, and that's the main thing. Phew!
    I was just so convinced it was a girl this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

The cotbeds flew out; we bought this morning at 9.15 and got the 2nd last one in the Long Mile store in Dublin!

Some amazing bargains though; changing mats, sleeping bags, muslins were great value too. We spent over 300 quid (cotbed + mattress was 180 total, real bargain!) but when you compare to mothercare or other stores, its serious value. We're not due till 1st June though and have a moses basket already for first 6 months, but it was too much of a deal not to go for it!

Yea, I can get another cot in ikea, the one we have is chair than the aldi one, so will probably get another of those.
    My last fella was too big and wriggly for our Moses baskets (one +16 years old the other nearly 40 years old, and both way bigger than what they have in the shops now) by 3 months, so ill expect the same with the next fella.

I did get a couple more changing mats (there's a tear in the 1 I have now, got in the aldi baby sale last year).

• Advertisement

My sister was telling me that Ikea will give you a cot , not sure if it's a certain one, half price, if you take a pt to prove your pregnant :-) I would assume a bump would also be sufficient :-)

Advertisement