Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yea, I can get another cot in ikea, the one we have is chair than the aldi one, so will probably get another of those.
    My last fella was too big and wriggly for our Moses baskets (one +16 years old the other nearly 40 years old, and both way bigger than what they have in the shops now) by 3 months, so ill expect the same with the next fella.

I did get a couple more changing mats (there's a tear in the 1 I have now, got in the aldi baby sale last year).

The old moses baskets are WAY bigger.We have one 30+ years and compared to the ones in the shops it's huge.But still need a cot by 12 weeks or so-they bang their hands off the sides of the basket and wake themselves (well ok, and us) up.

Oh and we have two girls 21 mths apart (hubby wanted a boy second time!!!) And honestly, having two the same saves a fortune on clothes!It's great that way and can actually save a load on toys too-well, until you get to the point where they have to have two of everything anyway to avoid the rows.But it"s handy.

Mind you, he may yet get his wish this time round :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

shesty wrote:
    Oh and we have two girls 21 mths apart (hubby wanted a boy second time!!!) And honestly, having two the same saves a fortune on clothes!It's great that way and can actually save a load on toys too-well, until you get to the point where they have to have two of everything anyway to avoid the rows.But it"s handy.

I'm lucky that way. My sister, who has 3 boys and a girl, has saved all her clothes, and loads of toys, for me. I think she's still saving them now, and some of the kids are teenagers. So I've only had to buy bits I really like, or the odd pack of babygrows or vests.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

amor3 wrote: »
    My sister was telling me that Ikea will give you a cot , not sure if it's a certain one, half price,  if you take a pt to prove your pregnant :-) I would assume a bump would also be sufficient :-)
    I'm not sure if that offer is in Ireland, apparently there is some leaflet o you need to wee on and it the indicates that your pregnant!!!
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ikea-sweden-encourages-women-to-wee-on-magazine-advert-to-test-if-they-are-pregnant-a3736881.html

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Shersie wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that offer is in Ireland, apparently there is some leaflet o you need to wee on and it the indicates that your pregnant!!!
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ikea-sweden-encourages-women-to-wee-on-magazine-advert-to-test-if-they-are-pregnant-a3736881.html

Oh jainey!! Imagine going in with a wee'd on leaflet.... Good advertisement all the same!

How is everyone doing?
    Halfway mark for me today, still no regular movement.. I'm sure I read on my notes that the placenta was anterior. I have my anomaly next Monday so will find out for definite then.

Hi all, hope all the bumps are well x

Had my big scan today, baby in a weird position. Tried to get lips and nose measurements but couldn't. Had to go of and have some tea and come back and they were just about able to get them done. Not the best of pics but everything looks good, that's the main thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Hi all, hope all the bumps are well x

Had my big scan today, baby in a weird position. Tried to get lips and nose measurements but couldn't. Had to go of and have some tea and come back and they were just about able to get them done. Not the best of pics but everything looks good, that's the main thing!

Great news amor3!. The photos that I have from the anomaly scan of my first baby all look odd! She wrote nose, lips etc on the scan photos but they don't look anything like it to me!

Doing ok here. Anomaly scan Friday week. A bit nervous. On the Gaviscon before bed which is keeping the heartburn at bay for now.

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Great news amor3!. The photos that I have from the anomaly scan of my first baby all look odd! She wrote nose, lips etc on the scan photos but they don't look anything like it to me!

Doing ok here. Anomaly scan Friday week. A bit nervous. On the Gaviscon before bed which is keeping the heartburn at bay for now.

Oh no! I'm lucky (touch wood) I never really got bad heartburn. Friday week will be here before you know it. I do be really nervous before any scans/appointments as well. I'm sure everything will be fine.
    Yeah all my other anomaly pics where lovely just this baby decided to go against the grain and not co-operate, a sign of things to come maybe :-)

How is everyone doing? Had anomaly yesterday. Turns out the umbilical cord has two vessels instead of three. Will have to have a growth scan at 28-32 weeks.1% of pregnancies have this. 75% of those have no issues. Hope I am in the 75%. Can only wait and see. Thankfully everything else was perfect. The sonographer spent extra time on the kidneys and heart due to the problem she was happy with them.

How is everyone doing? Had anomaly yesterday. Turns out the umbilical cord has two vessels instead of three. Will have to have a growth scan at 28-32 weeks.1% of pregnancies have this. 75% of those have no issues. Hope I am in the 75%. Can only wait and see. Thankfully everything else was perfect. The sonographer spent extra time on the kidneys and heart due to the problem she was happy with them.

Does it put you into a high risk cornflake? Good sign though that everything looks good! How big was baby measuring yesterday? Did you find out the gender x

Does it put you into a high risk cornflake? Good sign though that everything looks good! How big was baby measuring yesterday? Did you find out the gender x

I'm not sure. I will have to be scanned frequently in the third trimester in case baby stops growing, so maybe it is high risk. Will see my consultant on the 1st so will find out then. Baby 1lb so growing fine now. Didn't find out the gender but have it written down and put away if I ever want to look at it! Did you find out the gender?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. I will have to be scanned frequently in the third trimester in case baby stops growing, so maybe it is high risk. Will see my consultant on the 1st so will find out then. Baby 1lb so growing fine now. Didn't find out the gender but have it written down and put away if I ever want to look at it! Did you find out the gender?

That's a great weight! Right on track really, so that is very positive as well. No, I didn't find out gender, didn't with the previous babies so no point in breaking the habit now :-)

Well ladies how id everyone doing, weeks are flying in yet at the same time the are dragging. 25wks today! I have just started thinking about picking up bits here and there to start spreading the cost over the next few weeks so was thinking we should start posting any bargains etc we come across. Only one i have seen so far is water wipes in Dunnes are €10 for 4 at the mo so started to picked up a few packs, usual over €3 a pack when sold singularly.  (for any first time mom's these are amazing and you don't need to put cotton wool etc in the hospital bags if u bring a pack of these) 
    Picked up the eumom bag today in supervalu and there is a few nice small size items in it that are perfect for the hospital bags

Yeah weeks seem to be flying, I'm 24 weeks tomorrow, my dates I was 24 yesterday but not gonna argue with them over a couple of days. I keep meaning to pick up my euromum bag, can you just show a screenshot or did you give in a printout?

Anyone else feeling really big!! I just feel huge at the moment and wondering how I'm going manage another 15-16 weeks growth!!! I had gd on last pregnancies but all going ok this time so far, so perhaps I'm pigging out a bit more than I did before. I was also in slimming world and had just lost over a stone when I found out I was pregnant so of course I relaxed with that as well. Gonna try get back on it in the next couple of weeks, motivation has been zero and I'm seriously craving lemon things!

I downloaded the voucher to my phone and just showed them it, they were happy it.
    yeah feel huge as well actually felt like I was gonna burst 1 day christ only knows what I'll be like towards the end.

Yes, I too feel very massive. People are surprised when I tell them how long I still have to go. The doctor said I was measuring bang on (just by eyeballing me) at my 24 week checkup last week.

I'll be 6 months this week, but not into the 3rd trimester for another fortnight or so

We must all be right size so for our gestation if we are all the same :-) The dreaded constipation has kicked in which doesn't help with feeling huge! I suffer really bad with it anyway so with it slowing down more is just so uncomfortable. Been knocking back the duphalac to beat the band the last few days so hoping some relief is on the horizon.

Feeling huge here too. Over the last few days I feel like I am 100 years old when getting up out of a chair or bed. Constipation a problem too. Not ideal due to the piles I got from my first pregnancy! Doing my best to avoid it by adding flaxseed to my breakfast, and drinking water. Have the duphalac on standby though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

Hey ladies, I'll be 25 weeks this week but feeling good thankfully.

@Shersie, I love the idea of putting up bargains and deals etc, I definitely need to start getting organised but I feel like I don't know where to start.

Also, I've been looking at travel systems, has anyone got any advice on the iCandy Orange or the Uppababy Vista? I really want to make a decision and pay the deposit

I can't personally comment on those buggies as I have the bugaboo (6yrs and still perfect) but I have a few friends that have the uppababy and they can't fault it.
    I need 1/2 things like a new bouncer etc but was gonna head to one of those baby markets when it's on here in cork next wk to see if I can get one 2nd hand as this will be my last babba so no real point in paying full price. Has anyone been to one b4? Are they worth going to?

No, I've never been.

I have the out and about nipper. It's grand, it gets serious overuse and abuse, but it is really showing signs of wear at this stage. It's only years old.

I need very little for this guy. I got a double buggy in the sales in January. I'll have to get new mattresses for the Moses baskets. They lasted me 3-4 months with the last guy. I have 1 for our room and I've for the sitting room/kitchen.
    I also have to decide if I want to get a second cot. My older guy will be 2 in july. And he isn't showing any signs of wanting to get out of the cot yet, but he is quite long and is already nearly filling it. I'm thinking of getting a cotbed/daybed that should do him for another couple of years, and get the baby into his old cot when he outgrows the Moses basket.
    But there's no rush with that, the Moses baskets and cot arrangement should do us until Septemberish anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Big Vista fans here.Two babies on, still going.All in, despite the price, I think it's one of the best buggies out there, especially if you are into walking and getting out and about.

2015 Vista is a bit wide, the newer one is gone back narrower again I believe.Great storage under it, probably the best out there, non-puncture wheels (yet still big and great for all surfaces), converts no problem to a double, great for any height parent and fits together very simply-one easy click! It still holds out 3.5 year old and 22 mth old, and is a great buggy for them to sleep and everything in.

Minor downsides would be the width of the back wheels (particularly of the 2015 version) and the way the sunshade part is attached to the hood (although I believe that has now been addressed).It's relatively heavy to lift but no better or worse than equivalent Quinny or iCandy systems.

I still forget l'm pregnant sometimes! Apart from the belly getting bigger now :-) Great to see all the talk of buggies and bits, makes it seem real and exciting now!

Dunnes have a baby event on at the mo for anyone looking to pick up a few bits. The have boxes of water wipes (I think 9 in the box i bought) for €19 the sign said it works out at just over €2 a pack which is very cheap for water wipes. I picked up a packet of size 1 nappies too :heart: 44 nappies for €3.74, they were half price. FYI They have boxes of 96 nappies for €13  but the pack of 44 is a lot cheaper but not out on the big displays with all the rest so you have to look on the shelves. 
    I know sound like I work for dunnes now:D (I don't but its the only decent "big shop" near me) but i spotted today they have lovely maternity PJs etc for more or less the same price as penney's for anyone looking for stuff. I bought a lovely grey PJ set as i'm not a nightdress person and all my current PJ bottoms are becoming 2tight!

Thanks for the tip shersie. I'm in desperate need of new pjs. I'll be hitting dunnes in the morning x

Girls, in a panic here! I'm in the coombe. My waters went this evening. Baby's heartbeat is good but I'm here til I deliver. Which i am hoping is a good bit away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Wow amor3 , best of luck. Hopefully baba stays put for another while but whatever happens you will get the best of care there. My friend had twins at 29 weeks in the Coombe and they are absolutely thriving, perfectly healthy 5 and a half year olds now.

(Sorry jumping in from Oct thread but couldn't help replying to this post)

Girls, in a panic here! I'm in the coombe. My waters went this evening. Baby's heartbeat is good but I'm here til I deliver. Which i am hoping is a good bit away!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thinking of you and baby Amor3!

Thinking of you amor3. You are in the best place where they can look after you and baby.

• Advertisement

Thanks girls. All blood work came back clear so no infections so far and no pains and cervix looks ok. Have to go get scan in the morning but I'm here til the end and if I make it to 37 weeks I will be induced then!

Advertisement