Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

Oh goodness amor3, what a dose to be stuck in hospital till the end but glad everything is ok!! You have smallies 2 at home don't you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Wife can't stop looking at the mirror and exclaiming as to how she keeps getting bigger, as if it's a bad thing. I keep telling her it's inevitable and may as well own it.

Due date got shifted forward from about 28 June to 14 June, due to the size of the kid. At 20 weeks, it was estimated as over a pound (The average being 10.5oz). I'm about 6'5, and it seems my progeny is following in a similar vein. Seriously wondering if going straight to C-section is a good idea.

She is suffering ridiculous amounts of gas, coming out both ends. She also suffers total inability to hold things, clumsiness levels have intensified considerably. She is trying to figure out how people enjoy pregnancy. She also is starting to get tired more easily again. Cravings have varied, the current one is ice cream sundaes. She ate two in two consecutive days, then burst in tears worrying about her weight.

In full nesting mode, she has insisted that I repaint the spare bedroom, so that it will be a suitable nursery. Appeals that the kid probably is not going to particularly care about the color scheme of the walls have fallen upon deaf ears, so for my own peace and sanity, I have applied the requested two-tone paint scheme of Dustblu accent wall and lower half, and Lazy Grey top half...

We are also saying goodbye to the loved Mercedes. The SL has no room in the back for a baby seat, and the car is too low for wife to get in and out of in her expanded state. Four-door car purchased.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Kids have a pretty drastic effect on your life manic moran!
    I don't know anyone who enjoys pregnancy.You put up with it knowing its not forever.That's it really...
    Our third is due.Cue 7 seater, extension and attic conversion.
    They are expensive little people!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Haha, we just got planning permission for our extension too. Need to start building rooms to fit the people were making and all their paraphernalia!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

@amor3 - that is terrible for you but I suppose it really is the best place to be looked after. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Thanks guys. Had scan this morning, fluid at very low levels but good that there is some there at all. Head measuring a bit on the small side now so a few tests to do for that. Just trying to stay positive but feeling so negative. Yeah have 2 smallies at home and 1 21 year old. Very hard being away from them.

What 7 seaters have you looked at? Most I looked at were very small on the boot space?

Our little girl arrived today by emergency section, weighing in at 1lb 10oz. She is doing remarkably well and doing most of her breathing by herself, she even gave out a big cry as she was being delivered, sounds like a fine set of lungs. We have a long road ahead but we will stay as positive as we possibly can x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

amor3 wrote: »
    Our little girl arrived today by emergency section, weighing in at 1lb 10oz. She is doing remarkably well and doing most of her breathing by herself, she even gave out a big cry as she was being delivered, sounds like a fine set of lungs. We have a long road ahead but we will stay as positive as we possibly can x

Wow amor3 congratulations on your daughters arrival. Must be a worrying time but cling on to the positives, amazing that she is breathing mostly herself. Best of luck with the next few months x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Wow amor3 congratulations on your daughters arrival. Must be a worrying time but cling on to the positives, amazing that she is breathing mostly herself. Best of luck with the next few months x

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Congratulations amor3! Really good that her lungs are so developed. She is out safe and that's a great first step. The hospital will look after her well over the next few weeks. It is a long road but you seem like a positive person from your posts. Wishing you all the best. Every day she gets stronger and stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Popping in from July thread, massive congrats amor3. Your little girl is a real little fighter by the sounds of it. In years to come you will be able to tell her how she was born the day snow put the country into lockdown.
    Sending you best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

Congrats amor3! Sending you all my best wishes as I know it won't be easy, but as others have said, it sounds like she's a fighter!

@amor3 - I hope the first week went well with your little girl. I hope you are both doing ok!

How is everyone else getting on?

Congratulations amor3 sorry have had no internet at home the last few days so only catching up now. You'll have to let us know what you called her, hope everything went well over the last week. I can't believe we have our 1st June 2018 baby!! 
    All good here, 28 weeks and went into a bit of a panic this week when I saw amor3's news as realized that i have NOTHING done so went off a bought a few bits yesterday. Gonna send himself to the Attic over Easter to start pulling down a few bits. Can anyone remember is it non-bio we must wash the baby clothes in? You'd think i'd remember with this being my 3rd! I seem to have total baby brain at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Shersie wrote: »
    Congratulations amor3 sorry have had no internet at home the last few days so only catching up now. You'll have to let us know what you called her, hope everything went well over the last week. I can't believe we have our 1st June 2018 baby!! 
    All good here, 28 weeks and went into a bit of a panic this week when I saw amor3's news as realized that i have NOTHING done so went off a bought a few bits yesterday. Gonna send himself to the Attic over Easter to start pulling down a few bits. Can anyone remember is it non-bio we must wash the baby clothes in? You'd think i'd remember with this being my 3rd! I seem to have total baby brain at the moment

Yep, non-bio and don’t use fabric softener.

Thank guys! Shersie I can't believe I have the first June baby! She is doing ready good, all initial tests and scans have come back normal and clear. She is just an amazing little fighter and we are keeping positive xx

Delighted to hear you are all doing well and the buns in the ovens are cooking away nicely!

amor3 wrote:
    Thank guys! Shersie I can't believe I have the first June baby! She is doing ready good, all initial tests and scans have come back normal and clear. She is just an amazing little fighter and we are keeping positive xx

Such great news. Well done mamma and baby amor3!

Great news amor3! Such a little fighter.

All fine here. Have some pelvic girdle pain which I didn't have last time. Will go to the hospital group physio class on Monday. Lots of kicks. 26 weeks now and feeling big! Must organise a co-sleeper soon. Has a Moses basket first time around and then the cot, but my LG will still be in the cot when baby will need it. Anybody any recommendations for co-sleepers?

How is your little babba doing, amor3?

Urgh, I'm so sick. Ive managed to pick up whatever bug my toddler has had. Im coughing so hard ive had to put on a panty liner because I keep weeing! God its grim.

It's no fun being sick, with a sick baby, when you're pregnant.

Plus, I learned on Friday that my gestational diabetes is back, so I can't even gorge on ice cream!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Great news amor3! Such a little fighter.

All fine here. Have some pelvic girdle pain which I didn't have last time. Will go to the hospital group physio class on Monday. Lots of kicks. 26 weeks now and feeling big! Must organise a co-sleeper soon. Has a Moses basket first time around and then the cot, but my LG will still be in the cot when baby will need it. Anybody any recommendations for co-sleepers?

We just bought a second cot from Ikea.Once older one moved to her bed, the younger then moved to the first cot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Congrats Amor3. At least the kid will have a story.

So I'm trying to figure out when the eyes develop. Granted, the wife has long hair, but close inspection has not yet revealed any indication of the standard issue maternal posterior optical equipment.

She has taken to wearing a belly band and compression stockings, after a couple miles on foot today, much better.

How are you getting on amor3? What about the rest of you? Serious pelvic girdle pain here. Turning in bed at night a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Hoping all is going well for you Amor3 and your little girl

Yes, Amor3 - hope is all going well.

How is everyone else getting on? I've started to get sore and uncomfortable the last couple of weeks.

I'm going to the Pregnancy and Baby Fair this weekend and hoping to pick up a few more bits and hoping to have my bags packed in the next couple of weeks too.

If anyone has any other advice or recommendations for what I should be getting organised at this stage let me know :)

Hi ladies pretty much 33 weeks. Only 4.5 shift blocks yet before i'm officially off work. Can't flipping wait said if i get to the may bank holiday i'll be happy. Back on the night shifts from next wknd so got a letter from my consultant when i was in this morning to allow be go on reduced hours on the nights. Also i finally sent off my mat benefit forms this wk, totally unorganized. Bag packing on the agenda when i'm off shift in the few days. 

LoveBrowsing i would start washing stuff if you haven't already at least then its only putting everything into the bags. The only advise i would have is not to pack to much and to not have huge bags going in. Space is limited in most hospitals so have spares laid out at home that can be brought in as needed, the lockers are usually very small as well so you won't get much into them and any big bag won't fit so you could be getting the death stares from the cleaners when they have to move them outta the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just to jump in and give advice that I was given if your husband isn't a great packer or is nervous. I had sandwich bagged my washed baby clothes. Each one had one sleepsuit and a vest in it. They were literally piled up in the extra bag in the car so that my husband just grabbed some more of them in to me and brought the washing home. And rebagging them meant he was sure he hadn't left anything out when repacking them for me (I was in for two nights and my little lad went through 7 outfits in the first 12 hours!).

Similarly photographing your wardrobe/drawers and literally pointing out where things are makes life a lot easier than trying to explain down a phone with the whole ward listening, where exactly the extra nightdress or something is :)

Hi ladies, all going good for my little lady, she is 3lb 3oz now, still on cpap (a machine to keep lungs inflated) but is mostly breathing room air.She is feeding well and putting on weight. I have to pump every 3 hours for her, which is exhausting but when I see how well she is thriving from it, it is definitely worth it! She was 6 weeks old on Thursday, I should be 31 +5 today, how mad is that!

Ladies, get the bags packed!!! You never know when they little ones will make their arrival :-)

I think everyone is down to single digits now, to baby's due date aren't they???

Mirrorwall, I love those tips, they would have been a great help when I was in. My dh was bringing me in all sorts!!

Is many people going to the baby fair?? Do these things be actually any good?? Do they tell you things/ have things that you don't already know about? Do you get good deals?

Hi ladies, all going good for my little lady, she is 3lb 3oz now, still on cpap (a machine to keep lungs inflated) but is mostly breathing room air.She is feeding well and putting on weight. I have to pump every 3 hours for her, which is exhausting but when I see how well she is thriving from it, it is definitely worth it! She was 6 weeks old on Thursday, I should be 31 +5 today, how mad is that!

Ladies, get the bags packed!!! You never know when they little ones will make their arrival :-)

I think everyone is down to single digits now, to baby's due date aren't they???

Mirrorwall, I love those tips, they would have been a great help when I was in. My dh was bringing me in all sorts!!

Is many people going to the baby fair?? Do these things be actually any good?? Do they tell you things/ have things that you don't already know about? Do you get good deals?

Great news amor3! Delighted to hear that all is going well. Fair play to you for pumping every three hours. It must be exhausting, but so beneficial for your little girl.

I am 31 weeks today. Had a growth scan this week due to the SUA. Baby growing so doctor happy. She will keep a close eye up the growth from around 35 weeks. Feeling tired, no time to rest with an 18 month old. Starting to feel guilty about not being able to give her the same attention once baby arrives. I am expecting her to be put out in some way, just hope it won't be too hard on her.

Ahhh amor3 that's great news, she is flying it. Not to sure about the baby fair, there is a thread here on it and its mixed reviews. General consensus is if you plan to pick anything up or place deposits on it to have your homework done first and go only if u get a free ticket.
    My almost 3 &a half yr old thinks i'm just gonna land home one of these days from cork with the baby in the car along with the shopping, he's gas. There are 2 brothers in the childminders with him whose mom just had another baby boy this wk so i got told last night that "Thomas and Liam have a baby Adam so we get an Adam 2 mom" When i said but it might be a girl I got a look and was told "but Thomas and Liam got a boy so you go get a boy 2" Oh dear!!!!:O
    Plus names!!!ahhh I have no boy names picked but have a few girl contenders.  Really fecking struggling to come up with anything i even half like. Anything I like we seemed to have already given to a dog over the years. My fav name at the mo is my dad's current dogs name ( and would be so lovely on a little boy:( ), but can't name a child after the flipping dog especially when he will prob be alive for another few years. Head melted!:'(

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, how are you all doing?

My little lady is doing great, up to 4lb now!

What prams are you all looking at? I was trying to be practical and was going to purchase the city mini but with the turn of events, I am sooo paranoid now and want her facing me all the time. I know you can get a carrycot for a new born for it but it doesn't look snug enough for the little size of her! So I've been looking at the I-candy strawberry and I love the uppababy vista but just cannot justify the price when you add in all the extras!!

Advertisement