Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

amor3 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, how are you all doing?

My little lady is doing great, up to 4lb now!

What prams are you all looking at? I was trying to be practical and was going to purchase the city mini but with the turn of events, I am sooo paranoid now and want her facing me all the time. I know you can get a carrycot for a new born for it but it doesn't look snug enough for the little size of her! So I've been looking at the I-candy strawberry and I love the uppababy vista but just cannot justify the price when you add in all the extras!!

Great news about your little lady. Have you any idea when she will get to go home?

I have a quinny buzz for my girl who will be 20 months when the baby is born. Hoping to stick with the one buggy, interchanging carrycot and upright bit. Getting a sling for the baby and a buggy board for the toddler too. Hoping we will manage with that!

Feeling huge now. 33 weeks now. Gotta order a co sleeper this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shersie

Thats great amor3!!

I still have the bugaboo i bought a few years ago for number 1 but I would say to have a look on donedeal as you will find uppababy's etc on there for a good bit cheaper than brand new if you really like them. Most of them are in very good condition 2. Mothercare have their own brand 2 but i'm not sure on what price they are etc i just saw them in the shop the last time i was in there. 
    35weeks here so real count down is on only have 2 more shift block in work, back in for my 36wk appointment at the end of the week and if they suggest me coming out of work early i don't think i'll fight them :sleeping:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Cornflake, hoping to get home in the next 4 weeks or so, nothing has been said but from seeing every one else, it would usually be in around that time frame.

Shersie, I was looking on adverts before she was born, but to be honest, it all changed when she arrived early! I am sooo paranoid now, and although the prams can look spotless, I would be thinking of old dried in sick and stuff embedded deep in the fabrics!

I ended up going to Mothercare to look at the strawberry and they had that and the apple on clearance! The strawberry was only available in blue so in got the apple2pear.. delighted with it!

Also got car seat and crib, all feels real now!! Every one else all set??

my bags are packed and ready to go as the song says. just gitta book in for the "essentials" �� over the next 2/3 wks

Still have a bit to do! Must wash infant car seat covers. Ordered a co sleeper and waiting on delivery. Have most of the stuff for the hospital bag but not in an actual bag! There is chicken pox at my daughter's childminder. If she is going to get it I hope it happens before the baby is born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

All these men having babies, isn't it amazing the medical advancements we've made.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

Hey ladies, how is everyone keeping? Not long to go now!!!

All good here, finishing up work tonight :D (I was the 1st of June but hospital going with the 31st May) I was due to do one more shift block starting Sunday but doc gave me a cert today. But i still haven't gotten word from the social welfare on my mat leave and its due to start in less than 2 weeks, anyone else still waiting? I tried ringing with the waiting times on the phone are ridiculous so sent an email as they advised but still no reply!!

Shersie wrote: »
    All good here, finishing up work tonight :D (I was the 1st of June but hospital going with the 31st May) I was due to do one more shift block starting Sunday but doc gave me a cert today. But i still haven't gotten word from the social welfare on my mat leave and its due to start in less than 2 weeks, anyone else still waiting? I tried ringing with the waiting times on the phone are ridiculous so sent an email as they advised but still no reply!!
    I applied through mywelfare online and got approval in a week. That was about a month ago. Nothing in the post though. Can you register for that service and check there? You need a public service card though.

Thanks cornflake, i didnt do it online as it would have taken 2 long and i wouldn't have applied with the 6 weeks they recommend. Might just have to sit on the phone

• Advertisement

Hi all. June is nearly here! Still have four weeks to go myself but really tired and uncomfortable now. Fine in the morning but hits me around five or six. Supposed to have two more weeks in work but thinking I might just do one. Still have to pack my hospital bag.

Any sign of your maternity benefit shersie?

I know, June is getting really close - I've only one week in work and I can't wait to finish up. I'm the same with tiredness Cornflake1 - I'm fine in work but I'm delirious by about 8/9pm.

I've my bag packed but I'm still stressing about what I have/what I might have forgotten etc. I think i'll repack everything this weekend just to make sure.

How's everyone else keeping?

it came in the post yesterday. Officially starting on Monday but i got myself signed off last week, cant believe im actually on mat leave! 38wks today and my last was 9 days early so fingers crossed this one will b here sooner rather than later

Shersie wrote: »
    it came in the post yesterday. Officially starting on Monday but i got myself signed off last week, cant believe im actually on mat leave! 38wks today and my last was 9 days early so fingers crossed this one will b here sooner rather than later

My little girl was 9 days early too. Will be interested to see if you go early again!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Must be the wife's child, not adhering to schedule. Original due date of June 12 moves to 07 due to unusual size. High blood pressure has her in hospital today getting induced, officially at 37 weeks. I guess I need to start posting in the "May" thread.

Must be the wife's child, not adhering to schedule. Original due date of June 12 moves to 07 due to unusual size. High blood pressure has her in hospital today getting induced, officially at 37 weeks. I guess I need to start posting in the "May" thread.

Hope all goes well and you both have your baby in your arms soon.

Hope all goes well and you both have your baby in your arms soon.

Best of luck @Manic Moran. I can't wait to hear about the June babies - even if they do arrive in May :)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Best of luck @Manic Moran. I can't wait to hear about the June babies - even if they do arrive in May :)

Or March :-) My little lady is doing great, over 12 weeks old now and maybe coming home next weekend!!!

Best of luck to you and your wife Manic.

55 hours of induced contractions later.... gave up and went to C section.

Somewhat to my surprise, it’s a boy. Now I have to learn American boy things like American Football...

Next problem, finding a middle name. Nothing seems to fit after Leander.

7lbs 9.4oz, not bad for 37 weeks and three days. Over 21” long, though, which I guess he got from my side. I’m 1.98 tall.

• Advertisement

55 hours of induced contractions later.... gave up and went to C section.

Somewhat to my surprise, it’s a boy. Now I have to learn American boy things like American Football...

Next problem, finding a middle name. Nothing seems to fit after Leander.

7lbs 9.4oz, not bad for 37 weeks and three days. Over 21” long, though, which I guess he got from my side. I’m 1.98 tall.

That sounds like a very tough labour for your wife. I hope she is doing ok, she must be some woman. Congratulations to both of you.

Right, the kid is home. Dear God, we have no idea how we are going to survive. Our "life goals" have changed from "Buy house in Texas, ranch in Montana, and fun cars" to "Survive until tomorrow".

Hospital was god-awful. Not because of the staff or anything, they were great, but because there was no synchronisation. Baby would need feeding. Then Vitals for mom would be taken. Then vitals for baby. Then painkillers would be administered on schedule. Then the lactation consultant would come around. The OB. The Pediatrician. The fricking catholic church. By the time we were released, we were zombies. Healthy, but zombies.

Day 1 home was basically sleeping and unpacking.

Day 2 was today. We did manage to get a 20-minute walk in, but the house is a mess, the garden has weeds two feet high, one of the cars has a seatbelt broken, and we have a leaky faucet. We don't care. If we're lucky, we can get food for all three of us consumed within a reasonable amount of time. Since kid arrived about 3 weeks early, we were not entirely ready, and are now also dealing with a crapload of amazon boxes of stuff arriving. Things aren't helped by wife's milk not being ready, so not only is there time set aside for feeding, breasts must be pumped and formula delivered once breast feeding fails.

We have no family within 2,500 miles, so we're kindof on our own. Fortunately, I get about 6 weeks' paternity leave.

Maybe tomorrow we'll do OK.... Will check back in later...

It's June! Two babies have arrived already. Time for the rest of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Wow manic moran sounds busy, but typical going by all accounts I've heard. Next few weeks will be a blur then you'll all settle into a routine and you'll forget life before baby.

Jumping in from October thread to ask about:
    The fricking catholic church.

Why the hell do they come near you in hospital? Which hospital were you in? Does this happen in every hospital? They'll be swiftly told where to go if they come near me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Manic moran, that is totally normal, and the same as Irish care.....there is nothing more annoying than finally getting your baby to sleep only to have a midwife breeze in to do her observations ....temp, oxygen sat etc.

Unfortunately this state of chaos will remain for a couple of weeks!Stop being hard on yourselves, relax and go with the flow....or rather, the baby's flow.Eating and sleeping is priority, all else is irrelevant (even if it is wrecking your head).You are on a baby's clock now, and it takes adjustment but you will get there (now you realise why houses with kids in them are significantly less tidy and organised than those without....).The mantra is "it will not last forever", amd although it doesn't feel like it, it really won't .In a few weeks you will have a sort of routine going.They say is takes 12 weeks to make a mother and I can tell you it's true....give yourself a good 10 weeks or so and you will suddenly find you have a degree of control and routine!I am currently on week no.3 on baby no 3 amd a similar state of chaos prevails here, although admittedly I am getting out a lot more than on my first, but that's only because I've done this before!Still the house is a mess, I am barely getting food in and I'm totally sleep deprived....but it won't last forever. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

shesty wrote: »
    Manic moran, that is totally normal, and the same as Irish care.....there is nothing more annoying than finally getting your baby to sleep only to have a midwife breeze in to do her observations ....temp, oxygen sat etc

Same with care in the UK as well - was in for 6 nights after my second son was born as he was quite unwell, there were quite a few times like that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I know it has to be done but sometimes it's just....argh!!!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Why the hell do they come near you in hospital? Which hospital were you in? Does this happen in every hospital? They'll be swiftly told where to go if they come near me.

They wanted to know if we wanted Communion. Wife declined, as she hasn't been to confession in a while, but wouldn't mind a blessing from a priest for the kid. However, priest only shows up twice a week, we got volunteers the two days they dropped by.

Personally, I don't even know what the "H" stands for in "Jesus H Christ" (Why does he have a Mexican name anyway?) so I had no interest, but I won't yell at anyone for having a faith. Fortunately, their timing was a lot more amendable than the nurses'.

I cannot speak for all hospitals. We were in a private one. I was just highly surprised that they came around, and proved to be the only organisation to do it. In hindsight, I wonder if my wife had registered with the hospital as RC? Can't ask her, she's sleeping.... RC is almost certainly not the majority religion around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Thanks for the reply. I have serious issues with the Catholic church and their continued control over schools, hospitals etc so I personally would find it very intrusive to have a priest coming anywhere near me or my child without invitation. Maybe she did register as Catholic and that's why they came.

No offense intended to anyone, but surely there's a chapel within any hospital that can be visited/request a call from, without them coming around to patients.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 June18zellie

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I have serious issues with the Catholic church and their continued control over schools, hospitals etc so I personally would find it very intrusive to have a priest coming anywhere near me or my child without invitation. Maybe she did register as Catholic and that's why they came.

No offense intended to anyone, but surely there's a chapel within any hospital that can be visited/request a call from, without them coming around to patients.

I would tell the priest and anyone else coming in with religion to f*** off

Advertisement