Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in June 2018!!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

That must just be a function of the hospital you were in, I can safely say I have never had that experience here!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

How are all the June ladies? Still have two weeks to go here but really feel the bump dropped last night. Getting those sharp pains down below too. My little girl has been sick this week so not getting much of a rest. Thankfully she is over the worst of it. Awful to see her sick. Getting nervous about how I am going to manage a 20 month old and a newborn!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Any new additions yet ladies????

amor3 wrote: »
    Any new additions yet ladies????

Nothing here! Not due until Saturday anyway. Have you your little girl at home now amor3?

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Nothing here! Not due until Saturday anyway. Have you your little girl at home now amor3?

Yes!!! She will be home 2 weeks on Wednesday. She was due today :-)

Have you got any signs anything might happen soon?? You must be in for an appointment this week so, will they do a sweep or anything?

• Advertisement

Yes!!! She will be home 2 weeks on Wednesday. She was due today :-)

Have you got any signs anything might happen soon?? You must be in for an appointment this week so, will they do a sweep or anything?
    Great news! Hope you are all settling in well.

Head engaged but that's about it! I turned down a sweep last week and will be offered again this Thursday. Probably schedule induction for early next week but hope I will go myself. My daughter came at 38+5 but a few days over that now already!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

Pat Phelan.

Great news! Hope you are all settling in well.

Head engaged but that's about it! I turned down a sweep last week and will be offered again this Thursday. Probably schedule induction for early next week but hope I will go myself. My daughter came at 38+5 but a few days over that now already!

Baby will be here before you know it! What's the policy in your hospital regarding how many days over they will let you go? Did all the growth scans go ok???

Baby will be here before you know it! What's the policy in your hospital regarding how many days over they will let you go? Did all the growth scans go ok???

The growth scans were all on track! Baby was just under 8lbs last week. Hospital policy is +10 in Cork but because of the two vessel umbilical cord and my age (41), they will only let me two or three days over. Looking forward to meeting my baby but nervous about managing two under two!

The growth scans were all on track! Baby was just under 8lbs last week. Hospital policy is +10 in Cork but because of the two vessel umbilical cord and my age (41), they will only let me two or three days over. Looking forward to meeting my baby but nervous about managing two under two!

Wow, great weight! You will have your date tomorrow so if you haven't had a baby yet :-)

The nerves is totally normal, I'm still trying to do a million things at once, have to keep reminding myself to just relax and enjoy it all now! I have to admit being that bit older (I'm 40) it is exhausting, I had my first baby at 19 and I was bright eyed and busy tailed, so having 21, 7 and 4 year olds and now the baby I just have to go with the flow a lot more and rest my weary old bones when I can hahaha :-)

What is the procedure with the vessels? Is it a watch and see approach or is treatment needed?

• Advertisement

Wow, great weight! You will have your date tomorrow so if you haven't had a baby yet :-)

The nerves is totally normal, I'm still trying to do a million things at once, have to keep reminding myself to just relax and enjoy it all now! I have to admit being that bit older (I'm 40) it is exhausting, I had my first baby at 19 and I was bright eyed and busy tailed, so having 21, 7 and 4 year olds and now the baby I just have to go with the flow a lot more and rest my weary old bones when I can hahaha :-)

What is the procedure with the vessels? Is it a watch and see approach or is treatment needed?

Wow, you certainly have your hands full! It must have been even tougher when your baby was in neonatal and you were trying to look after the others as well.

The thing with the two vessel cord is that one of the arteries is missing from the umbilical cord so could have been a problem with slow growth or growth stopping altogether, in which case baby would have had to come out early. However, it can also be a soft marker for a more serious issue. My consultant was happy that there were no other markers but I really won't relax about it until the baby comes out healthy (I hope!). It happens in 1% of pregnancies and 75% of those have no other issues.

Fingers crossed cornflake that all turns out well. I know what you mean though about not relaxing til baby is in your arms.

How was your appointment today? X

Fingers crossed cornflake that all turns out well. I know what you mean though about not relaxing til baby is in your arms.

How was your appointment today? X

Thanks amor3!

Had a sweep yesterday but don't feel like it did anything really. Induction scheduled for Wednesday. Hope baby will come before then!

Baby girl came in a rush today, just over an hour after getting to the hospital. She is a buster at 9lbs 14oz! Mad about her. Good luck to the rest of the June babies!

Massive congrats cornflake!! Wonderful news! Keep us updated on how you and your new baby girl are doing x

How are you getting in cornflake??

Any more June babies arrive or near arrival???

How are you getting in cornflake??

Any more June babies arrive or near arrival???

Getting on well thanks! Breastfeeding going much better this time. She is a hungry little lady! Trying to spend as much time as I can with my 20 month old too. She is very interested in the baby. Just have to watch her as she doesn't know her own strength. She also wanted to put the baby into her toy pram the other day...

How are you amor3? How old is baby now?

Getting on well thanks! Breastfeeding going much better this time. She is a hungry little lady! Trying to spend as much time as I can with my 20 month old too. She is very interested in the baby. Just have to watch her as she doesn't know her own strength. She also wanted to put the baby into her toy pram the other day...

How are you amor3? How old is baby now?

Omg, just realised I never replied!!

Just coming back over here instead of going off topic in the other thread.

Didnt want to ask in the other thread, but how is your little girl doing with the outcome of the vessels?

Advertisement