Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm having Duck

• 24-09-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having Duck for sunday dinner today :D

whilst you commoners are tucking into you're usual roast chicken and you students having you're beans on toast (or whatever you survive on these days) ill be having duck with orange sauce :pac: oh yummee

just to let you know (;))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Do you want a medal?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ducking duckhead :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Cook it on a rack or it'll be horribly greasy then save the fat that drains off and use it for making many delicious things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The I is missing from your thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think I'll make myself a chicken curry later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yay!

I love the way AH has become Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

B0jangles wrote: »
    Cook it on a rack or it'll be horribly greasy then save the fat that drains off and use it for making many delicious things.

make great roasties

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Instantly reminded of Tom Matthews "I'm having a gander through your CV" cartoon. Pity it doesn't seem to be online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

If you've booked a seat in the restaurant in Fawlty Towers then I hope you like trifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Duck a l'orange, eh? Very "Abigail's Party". I guess you're having prawn cocktail for starters and baked alaska for afters, all washed down with a bottle of Blue Nun or Mateus Rose as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Duck is awful stuff

Alun wrote: »
    Duck a l'orange, eh? Very "Abigail's Party". I guess you're having prawn cocktail for starters and baked alaska for afters, all washed down with a bottle of Blue Nun or Mateus Rose as well?

but of course old boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Yay!

Why not? It fits with how the rest of the place is trying to copy FB/Twitter/Reddit rather than embrace the reasons people still come here, despite those alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

nice i'm guessing. though i prefer my ducks floating around on the river/lake:) i've just had a ham and cheese sandwich and many cups of tea. not bragging:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Those lemon duck breasts in Aldi are quite nice if anyone wants duck but is on a budget.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes they are lovely actually and the ones in lidl too,

must try the Ostrich some day ...anyone try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Orange sauce? You do know the 70s are over, right?

Yay!

Yes,,,
    15839434826_10cb76b7ec_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

fryup wrote: »

whilst you commoners are tucking into you're usual roast chicken and you students having you're beans on toast (or whatever you survive on these days) ill be having duck with orange sauce :pac: oh yummee

The real sign of a commoner it to be getting excited by something as common as duck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yay!

You OK hun?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Pictures or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Pan-fried duck breast is much nicer than roast duck.

So there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Duck? Commoners? They're in every dirty pond in this country, you'd be less common eating squirrel FFS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Only really like duck cooked in the chinese/Hong Kong style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like duck. It's something I'd only have in the evening tough. I have cooked whole ducks in the past and never really had much success with them. I generally just get the breasts in the supermarket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Greybottle wrote: »
    If you've booked a seat in the restaurant in Fawlty Towers then I hope you like trifle.

I hope he doesn't order the Waldorf salad- I heard they're out of Waldorfs.

Alun wrote: »

Abigail's Party?

Very culturally aware!

You've omitted the melon balls though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This thread has been great quack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Two protestant ducks inadvertently found themselves walking down the Falls Road when one says to the other 'Quack, quack!'

'Stop shouting at me, I can't go any quacker!', came the reply.

Jokes aside, they tasted quite well after being shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I haven't eaten duck since I discovered that they're great, lovely animals. I used to work on a poultry farm in North America, as volunteer because I'm great and deserve both paracutes, and it wasn't long before I realised that ducks are the soundest of all birds. For a start, the edge of the female beaks are slightly curved upwards, giving the impression that they're permanently smiling.

When they were let out of their coup, I'd often keep an eye on three of them to make sure the male wasn't raping the other two, who were his daughters. I fell in love with one of the girls because the other girl and the male/rapist would gang up on her, excluding her from their travels around the farm. You'd see her waddling around on her own, feathers in a complete mess from the dad and the other girl attacking her, and it'd just break your heart, especially when she'd follow them. She just wanted to be included.

Her sister wouldn't attack her when the dad was around though, so maybe the other just wanted to impress him or something. So yeah, ducks are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I haven't eaten duck since I discovered that they're great, lovely animals. I used to work on a poultry farm in North America, as volunteer because I'm great and deserve both paracutes, and it wasn't long before I realised that ducks are the soundest of all birds. For a start, the edge of the female beaks are slightly curved upwards, giving the impression that they're permanently smiling.

When they were let out of their coup, I'd often keep an eye on three of them to make sure the male wasn't raping the other two, who were his daughters. I fell in love with one of the girls because the other girl and the male/rapist would gang up on her, excluding her from their travels around the farm. You'd see her waddling around on her own, feathers in a complete mess from the dad and the other girl attacking her, and it'd just break your heart, especially when she'd follow them. She just wanted to be included.

Her sister wouldn't attack her when the dad was around though, so maybe the other just wanted to impress him or something. So yeah, ducks are great.

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING!!! Why didn't you kill the dad?! Poor ducky :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hammer89 wrote: »
    So yeah, ducks are great.

Eh, I used to think so, but after reading your story I'm convinced that 66% of ducks are utter sh1ts! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Quack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

fryup wrote: »

I never have duck on Sunday I prefer to have something special for Sunday, duck is more a midweek filler.
    Sunday should be Chateaubriand with asparagus and pommes Parisienne with a rich bordelaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

maudgonner wrote: »
    Eh, I used to think so, but after reading your story I'm convinced that 66% of ducks are utter sh1ts! :eek:

Ah no the males, despite their rapist traits, are a bit of craic all the same. Sometimes the girls would fly a few feet off the ground off to another location, and he's too big and fat to take flight so he'd have to run to where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's some really good venison in season right now. SuperValu are doing two big steaks for a tenner and if you have the time it goes great with potatoe dauphinois and brocalli with a black currant and chocolate sauce,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Rabbit season?

I've had duck a couple of times, and it's actually nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Duck and gruyere pie.

If you don't like duck, then you're rather stuck

Advertisement