Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating 180 Day Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 24-09-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I'm looking for a little help with activating the 180 Day / 50GB plan for prepaid mobile broadband wit Eir and I'm running into a few problems.

Ok, so I picked up an Eir sim card and €30 credit. I signed up for MyEir. I then put the SIM card into a phone and sent a text message to 50103 and successfully topped up by €30 (this is confirmed by my balance on MyEir). I then tried to activate the 180 Day plan by texting 50104. This has only resulted in the following message;

"Sorry your message was not recognised. Please check that you have texted the correct keyword required"

Now according to your website support, I need to use the software on one of your devices in order to activate this plan but this is where the problem lies, I already have my own 4G Sim Modem and do not need to purchase one from Eir. I presumed that MyEir would have given me the option to activate the plan but unfortunately the links only redirect me to Eir Mobile plans and not the 180 Day plan I'm looking for.

I tried ringing customer support from my mobile (non Eir) and the number sends me to my mobile providers customer support.

Any change you guys can look into this for me?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you try to call the number of the SIM you got, does the phone ring?

Also what is the total credit balance on it, meteor data SIMs used to have 3€ free credit on them.

What reply do you get when you text "OFFER" to 50104

You might have been given a phone SIM, the broadband SIM is set up for data only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi, I'm looking for a little help with activating the 180 Day / 50GB plan for prepaid mobile broadband wit Eir and I'm running into a few problems.

Ok, so I picked up an Eir sim card and €30 credit. I signed up for MyEir. I then put the SIM card into a phone and sent a text message to 50103 and successfully topped up by €30 (this is confirmed by my balance on MyEir). I then tried to activate the 180 Day plan by texting 50104. This has only resulted in the following message;

"Sorry your message was not recognised. Please check that you have texted the correct keyword required"

Now according to your website support, I need to use the software on one of your devices in order to activate this plan but this is where the problem lies, I already have my own 4G Sim Modem and do not need to purchase one from Eir. I presumed that MyEir would have given me the option to activate the plan but unfortunately the links only redirect me to Eir Mobile plans and not the 180 Day plan I'm looking for.

I tried ringing customer support from my mobile (non Eir) and the number sends me to my mobile providers customer support.

Any change you guys can look into this for me?

Cheers
    Hi KerrySurfer, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with this service. 

Can you confirm you have sent a message with "180 day" to 50104?

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to guarantee the service will work on a device that's not purchased through ourselves but you should no issues as long as it's unlocked. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Hi Ten Pin,

Thanks for your reply but it's definitely a data SIM (can't make calls from or receive a call on it).

Hi Adam,

Yes I definitely sent that exact message.

I don't have any issues with my router, my issue is that there is no way to get on the 180 day plan. If I use the sim as is I will be charged at normal data rates which as you can imagine isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What reply do you get when you text "balance data" to 50104

Meteor used to direct to an option page once you try to get online. It looked like this:
    LycdfRB.png

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What reply do you get when you text "balance data" to 50104

Meteor used to direct to an option page once you try to get online. It looked like this:
    LycdfRB.png

Ok no problem. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile and PIN and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Adam 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Hi Tin Pin,

When I sent that message to 50104 I only get the following message;

Customer Notice: You have used 0 KB data usage today. The eir Mobile Team.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Hi Adam,

Have PM'd you, cheers!

Hi Tin Pin,

When I sent that message to 50104 I only get the following message;

Customer Notice: You have used 0 KB data usage today. The eir Mobile Team.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Hi Adam,

Have PM'd you, cheers!
    Great, thanks.  

I'll come back to you through PM's soon. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement