Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Golf Spikes

Options
  • 24-09-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

I'm having some trouble replacing the spikes on my shoes. Due to neglect on my end, the rubber has completely worn away and the wrench can't lock in twist away the remaining piece of plastic in the shoe. Any tips or advice for getting this out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Flat head screw driver and a mallet/hand to bang it so it will loosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

That's what I have but it's no use without the rubber on the spike

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

That's what I have but it's no use without the rubber on the spike

No that will work (from experience this) it's tough work though.

Wet the spike first and clean the mud out around it as they mud is like glue..

Just watch breaking the knife like I did..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I've used a snipe-nosed or long-nosed pliers, again with difficulty. If the socket is damaged, then you might not be able to get the new one in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

You need a spike ripper - sit the shoes in about an inch of boiling water in the sink for a couple of minutes first

Or you can hear a flat head screw driver so it melts into the middle of the spike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Footjoy Soft Spikes I'm guessing?

The pro in East Clare GC got mine off with this lad after much wrestling. Total gentleman and under rated course.

I think it is called a Bent Nose Pliers

61Jqz4-NH-L._SX355_.jpg

Replace with something like this. Don't break down like the rubber spikes.

imgrc0060864703.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

As A few suggested a needle nose pliers.
    Even drill into the hole a very small amount (very)
    and then you will pick up on the plastic of the inner spike

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

Cheers, I'll give that a blast. Seriously hard work. If the shoes weren't in good shape and relatively new I'd ditch them. Definitely going spikeless for my next pair

Advertisement