Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrusion Warning On F2000 Router

Options
  • 24-09-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi.

Noticed today on my home broadband that the modem/router kept restarting itself.  This started about around 7:45 in the morning.  (Continous beeping from connected phone handset woke the house up). From then on the router was either restarting itself or there was no internet connection even though wifi was still broadcasting to my devices.

When I looked at the logs I noticed a regular "DSL connection is deactivated" message but then noticed two separate security warnings saying "Intrusion -> ...." as in the screenshot attached.

Might be nothing but strange that started having broadband issues after this time. 

I've since disconnected the router and gone back to an old router I have here for the time being.

Anybody else seeing this on their router or know if it means there was an actual security issue with somebody connecting to the modem from outside?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yes I see the same, a spike in Intrusion activity since yesterday, from Russian IPs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

rb25 wrote: »
    Hi.

Noticed today on my home broadband that the modem/router kept restarting itself.  This started about around 7:45 in the morning.  (Continous beeping from connected phone handset woke the house up). From then on the router was either restarting itself or there was no internet connection even though wifi was still broadcasting to my devices.

When I looked at the logs I noticed a regular "DSL connection is deactivated" message but then noticed two separate security warnings saying "Intrusion -> ...." as in the screenshot attached.

Might be nothing but strange that started having broadband issues after this time. 

I've since disconnected the router and gone back to an old router I have here for the time being.

Anybody else seeing this on their router or know if it means there was an actual security issue with somebody connecting to the modem from outside?
    Hi rb25,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about this issue that you're experiencing with your modem. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 they should be able to look into this for you and give you more information on this issue.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Yeah i checked mine first log was September 18 anyone know why this is happening? Should i be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Yeah i checked mine first log was September 18 anyone know why this is happening? Should i be worried?
    Hi there DeadWeight

Did you contact Tech Support at 1890260260 to assist you there?

-Kyle

Advertisement