Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18 - Switch Edition (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That said, there's a lot of comfort to know that my Megadrive copy of Fifa and Madden are there, in case I implausibly find a need upon me to play early 90's examples of EA sporting games.

top games. Madden 95 on of my favourite ever games

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I am actually really looking forward to Fifa on Switch, I hope it gets a decent review - 80-90%.

I am a Pro Evo fan over Fifa, but I never get chance to play so might give Fifa a chance,
    if only so it makes 3rd parties start adding more big games like this to the Switch along with the benefit of getting time to play it on the go.
    That and the pro controller might be decent to play this with too.

So many games on switch now, so little time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I am actually really looking forward to Fifa on Switch, I hope it gets a decent review - 80-90%.

I am a Pro Evo fan over Fifa, but I never get chance to play so might give Fifa a chance,
    if only so it makes 3rd parties start adding more big games like this to the Switch along with the benefit of getting time to play it on the go.
    That and the pro controller might be decent to play this with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I am really hesitant about getting it on the switch. I really want to see what the limitations of the game will be before forking out 70 quid on it. It could leave me regretting not getting PS4 version. But with content still relatively thin I am sure there will be plenty of copies bought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

kevin2me wrote: »

Polar opposite of the doomed WiiU days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I am really hesitant about getting it on the switch. I really want to see what the limitations of the game will be before forking out 70 quid on it. It could leave me regretting not getting PS4 version. But with content still relatively thin I am sure there will be plenty of copies bought

it's €55 in Smyths, not 70 - if thats makes a difference.

it's €55 in Smyths, not 70 - if thats makes a difference.

Probably cheaper in Argos
    Surely people know this by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am on the wall about this.

Won't to see the reviews before I buy.

As the vita fifa games where bad like lag was shocking and frame rate was to

But if it works normal and gets in the 80s I will be buying it Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Probably cheaper in Argos
    Surely people know this by now

cheaper than 55?

MK8 was the most expensive in Argos on launch day. Have they changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Argos were great for the WiiU, tended to have the best price by a good €5 margin. Haven't really been giving Smyths a run for their money on the aul' Switch though.

EA are being typical EA it seems. It looks like nobody has gotten review copies of the game on Switch. Reviews have been out for a week on other platforms. The game is out on the eShop tomorrow night. Or at least it's supposed to be. And what are people going to be collecting/buying in the shops on Friday? It may not have shipped, it could be why sites like Amazon have it listed as currently unavailable.

cheaper than 55?

MK8 was the most expensive in Argos on launch day. Have they changed?

Oh wasn't directed at you. Just meant somebody paying 70 quid retail for a game.
    Look elsewhere other than gamestop.

On Argos:
    I'd suspect on launch it could come in cheaper.

The game is shipping on time but apparently journalists won't get the game until launch day on Friday. That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's only ridiculous if the game is both finished and good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

sligeach wrote: »
    The game is shipping on time but apparently journalists won't get the game until launch day on Friday. That's ridiculous.

why? Bethesda does the same.

why? Bethesda does the same.

Still embargos in general are ridiculous and protect the publishers from any potential failures

• Registered Users Posts: 26 krennic77

As someone relatively new to the Switch, is Fifa likely to be available at midnight to download..?

krennic77 wrote: »
    As someone relatively new to the Switch, is Fifa likely to be available at midnight to download..?

It should be, at midnight tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just to note here.....Gamestop have a 25% off deal for Level 3 Members.In order to avail of it ,you need to pre-order(in store I think) for collection and trade in any game for it.
    That makes it a bit easier to stomach the price.€53'ish

Smyths have a similar click and collect offer on the Switch version if you pre-order and collect in store,you can get it for €54.99

• Advertisement

The of 3 is 25% extra trade in on games not a hope gamestop is going to give you a extra 25% off the game for you pre ordering it!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

The of 3 is 25% extra trade in on games not a hope gamestop is going to give you a extra 25% off the game for you pre ordering it!!!.

See I had assumed the same when I read the sticker on the box in the shop and went and asked the staff is it 25% off Fifa or 25% extra trade in on games....And the guy said it's 25% off the game itself.This is the only reason I posted about it,still seems wrong for Gstop ;)

Yah it's defo wrong never in my life would gamestop give you 25% extra off a game for pre ordering.

I have a lv 2 membership and I get 10% extra when trade in

On lv 3 you get 25% I seen the stickers enough it's not off the game ;)

Can you please stop posting about Gamestop? They're dirt!

And will you ever stop posting about switch stuff and buy one?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There name is apt though now, seeing as they kinda stopped doing games. It's all loot now.

And will you ever stop posting about switch stuff and buy one?.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26 krennic77

Have EA deliberately limited numbers so there's a shortage of Switch Fifa on shelves? Theres talk on Reddit of UK stores getting only small deliveries. The Smyths site says "out of stock" whereas the PS and XB versions allow you to pre-order. Argos only have the XB format listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

krennic77 wrote: »
    Have EA deliberately limited numbers so there's a shortage of Switch Fifa on shelves? Theres talk on Reddit of UK stores getting only small deliveries. The Smyths site says "out of stock" whereas the PS and XB versions allow you to pre-order. Argos only have the XB format listed?

Someone on another forum said that they got an email from Amazon saying that a shipment in Germany were being delayed in customs and it would be a few days before they were cleared. Don't know if that's related to stock in other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Which game was it that had a GAME shipment hijacked before?

Advertisement