Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living in Elysian Apartments or know anyone?

Options
  • 25-09-2017 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I moved in Last year. We have two allocated spaces and offered my friend one of the spaces to use, she is using my card to access park and building, do many people do this (let people use their space) we not renting it just letting a my good friend use it? I heard people do it but obviously no one talks about it as technically not allowed.

Thanks a mill!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Lini1981 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I moved in earlier this year. We have two allocated spaces and offered my sister one of the spaces to use four days a week - she will be using my card to access park and building, do many people do this (let people use their space) we not renting it just letting a family member use it? I heard people do it but obviously no one talks about it as technically not allowed.

Thanks a mill!:)

Apart from contravening your lease, I'm sure, the only concern I'd have is related to insurance and a lack of liability cover if your sister was injured in a building she is not meant to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lini1981

Askthe EA wrote: »
    Apart from contravening your lease, I'm sure, the only concern I'd have is related to insurance and a lack of liability cover if your sister was injured in a building she is not meant to be in.

Yeah I know, thoroughly checked lease although it does say it's not prohibited to let someone use spaces, there's no mention of consequences so we agreed that we see how it goes for now and any questions that come our way will stop then immediately, thanks

Lini1981 wrote: »
    Y it does say it's not prohibited to let someone use spaces, there's no mention of consequences

Warning Letter then Tenancy Termination are standard responses. Are you sure its worth the risk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lini1981

Warning Letter then Tenancy Termination are standard responses. Are you sure its worth the risk?

Already made the agreement now to do it on a trial, but was thinking warning first, if we get the warning or if something is said, will stop then straight away. Someone told me they have friends renting spaces in there.

Sure you could say the same about anybody visiting and visiting is not prohibited.

The fact she is arriving in the morning and leaving in the evening is going to be the biggest risk of getting caught out. If she was just leaving her car parked there all week then there would be no issue but the coming and going may be noticed. I'd advise that she does not walk out past the security desk at the very least so she could argue she was coming to visit you during the day or whatever.

• Advertisement

Sure you could say the same about anybody visiting and visiting is not prohibited.

Not really, I assume one must register their car reg number no? If they dont have one on file then thats a problem. I cant see an insurance company standing over a claim in a car park that is for residents only?

Advertisement