Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

June London Terror Attack - Could've been Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Paul Williams will be on waffling about this on The Pat Kenny Show at 10pm tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ISIS sees Ireland as the enemy. People forget we are christen/catholic country. We are perfect target we are the infidels.

I think the Christian thing is irrelevant. These guys just want headlines and an attack anywhere will give them that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The zoo, the Natural History Museum, Tibradden Woods - a few family-friendly locations that spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

because he was asked

Ireland was on the Isis 'list of enemies'
    Our terror level is moderate, an attack is unlikely but may occur.
    Ireland has the highest number of jihadis per capita in europe
    Jidhadis who carried out an attack in London had at least considered Dublin as a target
    Dublin is under prepared for terrorist attacks compared to major european cities and has an unarmed police force though it has large numbers of american, british and french tourists in the country who would be the main targets, not necessarily Irish people.
    Islamic extremism can occur anywhere, doesnt need to be a large metropiltan city like London or Paris. Attacks occurred in Turku Finland and Surgut Russia and Copenhagen ,really quite regional cities.

It clearly doesnt matter if the country is neutral, and has had no major part in middle eastern affairs. Stockholm and Barcelona Attacks, with foiled plots in Norway, Madrid etc.

Honestly saying an attack will never,ever, happen in Ireland is ridiculously naive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wakka12 wrote: »
    tc.
    Ireland was on the Isis 'list of enemies'
    because the Americans put us on list of countries that were directly militarily involved in the war on DAESH when we're not. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/us-military-removes-irish-flag-from-anti-isis-website-1.2805196
    wakka12 wrote: »
    Honestly saying an attack will never,ever, happen in Ireland is ridiculously naive
    who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

And an ISIS TERROR CELL has just been busted in the West:-

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-investigating-terror-cell-operating-11251237

Run by Chechens apparently!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

And an ISIS TERROR CELL has just been busted in the West:-

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-investigating-terror-cell-operating-11251237

Run by Chechens apparently!!

Galway of all places :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Galway of all places :eek:

Does it mention Galway there? Sorry, I might just be being slow today, but I can't see it. Seems they were/are in more than one area too.

I remember there being some story about an arrest of someone seemingly scoping out the water treatment places in the West...never saw it in the news though, just local gossip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Does it mention Galway there? Sorry, I might just be being slow today, but I can't see it. Seems they were/are in more than one area too.

I remember there being some story about an arrest of someone seemingly scoping out the water treatment places in the West...never saw it in the news though, just local gossip.

Saw it in a different article, it said detectives in Galway are investigating

• Advertisement
Advertisement