Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was going on in Ennis this weekend?

• 25-09-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I am from a Clare family but I do not live in the county. I came down on Saturday for a family reunion.

Unfortunately, the booking I thought I had made for a B&B in Ennis had not gone through correctly, and the place was full. So were the next 4 places I tried. One B&B lady told me that her place had filled up unexpectedly during the day. She did not know of anything special happening.

At the last place I tried, the Old Ground, the receptionist was kind enough to let me know that the last coach back to Dublin was leaving shortly from down the road. I decided that the family reunion was not worth a night of rough sleeping in the rain and so I ran and caught it.

I can only say Ennis must be one hell of a popular town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

The truck run for Katie / Cycle for Katie was on. May have been a factor.

Kind of amazed that at a family reunion no one could put you up for a night on a sofa?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I did not want to impose on anybody, and besides I had nobody's phone number with me.

It is a bit of a loose family really.

BTW, who is Katie?

I did not want to impose on anybody, and besides I had nobody's phone number with me.

BTW, who is Katie?

Ah here now;

You didn't confirm your booking with a B&B? You couldn't find another place to stay? You don't have any family phone numbers on your phone? And you can't use google to look up truck run for Katie or Cycle for Katie in Ennis?

I'm guessing your mammy must have gone around cleaning up after you till you left home :p

Well if the rest of the people in Ennis are like you, I feel good that I had a lucky escape.

Well if the rest of the people in Ennis are like you, I feel good that I had a lucky escape.

Jeez, was only teasing you a bit. Think my guess might have been right though :D

Not from Ennis btw, only live there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

BTW, who is Katie?

Katie was a fantastic young woman who very sadly passed away 2 years ago with complications from Cystic Fibrosis. Last year the truck run (some 300) in her name made over €120,00O for the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Unit at University College Hospital in Limerick. There was a fantastic turn out again on Saturday and many stayed over for related events on Sunday at the Auburn Lodge, so that would account for some of the rooms filled. Also there was some Youth Faith Fest thing on in town on Saturday and that probably took up more rooms. And of course there was Culture Night on Friday and maybe that attracted some people in who stayed over. Either those events explain the lack of rooms or else there's a whole gang who haven't gotten it together to go home from the Fleadh yet! A pity that happened to you and hope you give us a try again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Ennis has been really busy on a Saturday for the last few months. Have to walk home most of the time because taxis are non existent.

If the town is that busy, it means they also need more hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

It was Ennis Trad Festival. Its really popular, place was full.

Advertisement