Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I change my income details on my graduate loan application?

Options
  • 25-09-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I applied for a graduate loan online with Bank of Ireland a few days ago and was approved.  I really wanted to apply for 15,000 but the website advised me to apply for 11,000 instead due to my income level so that's what I got approval for. 

I got a raise a few months ago and when I double checked my salary before voluntary deductions is actually about 200 euro higher than what I put in my loan application.  I'd like to reapply for a higher amount, but I am worried it will look strange if I put in a different salary amount to the first application.  Can I contact someone to change the first application or should I just start again online? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi I applied for a graduate loan online with Bank of Ireland a few days ago and was approved.  I really wanted to apply for 15,000 but the website advised me to apply for 11,000 instead due to my income level so that's what I got approval for. 

I got a raise a few months ago and when I double checked my salary before voluntary deductions is actually about 200 euro higher than what I put in my loan application.  I'd like to reapply for a higher amount, but I am worried it will look strange if I put in a different salary amount to the first application.  Can I contact someone to change the first application or should I just start again online? 

Thanks.

Hi curious 101,

Thanks for getting in touch with us through Boards.

As you have recently applied for a loan online I'd advise you to call one of our lending advisers directly on 0818 200 334 and the advisers there will be able to look through everything including your previous application and also go through the amended application with you.

Thanks again for the message.
    Darren

Advertisement