Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BoI accounts - penalties?

Options
  • 25-09-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I wish to close all my accounts with Bank of Ireland - current, deposit, credit card. How much will BoI penalise me for this (aka admin fees)?
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

LeoD wrote: »
    Hi there, I wish to close all my accounts with Bank of Ireland - current, deposit, credit card. How much will BoI penalise me for this (aka admin fees)?
    Regards

Hi LeoD,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

Very sorry to hear that you are looking to close your accounts with us please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you with here.

There is no fee's specific to closing your accounts. However there maybe outstanding quarterly transaction fees on your current account that money would have to be left in the account to cover any fees. You can check what fees have been accrued on an account by raising this through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be able to check your account details to confirm exactly what transaction fees would be taken from your account.
    In relation to your credit card again there is no specific fees to close the account but there maybe outstanding transaction fees or government stamp duties that may need to be settled before the account is closed and again you can raise this through 365 online profile to check what maybe owed on the credit card.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement