Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallgher - Dublin & Belfast 2018

Options
  • 25-09-2017 11:36am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The keenly anticipated follow-up to the platinum-selling, Chasing Yesterday (2015), Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds’ third album Who Built The Moon? receives a prompt live treatment following its release on Friday 24 November 2017 on Sour Mash. While flowing from the same, molten core of melody, songwriting craft and towering self-belief, the album is poised between experimental and a jukebox of ageless influence following a bracing, two-year creative collaboration with renowned producer, DJ and composer, David Holmes.

3Arena - 10th May
    Odyssey - 9th May

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Great to see him coming next year, I shall be attending that if I get my hands on tickets for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I believe its Lead Booker rules again ...

wacotaco wrote: »

Yip seen that alright, good to see any artist trying to combat the touts in some way.

I assume he will sell out the 3 arena no problem ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

3Arena
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will play 3Arena on 10th May. Tickets on sale this Friday at 9am
    **IMPORTANT TICKET INFORMATION**
    *Ticket limit: Maximum 4 per person / transaction
    *The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket.
    *The name cannot be changed once the purchase has been made.
    *When the lead booker attends the show they will be asked to present matching photo ID to gain entry to the venue.
    *If the ID does not match you will be refused entry.
    *Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

While flowing from the same, molten core of melody, songwriting craft and towering self-belief, the album is poised between experimental and a jukebox of ageless influence 
    I'm probably going to try for tickets but that press release is a bit over the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Spollen

How do we see tickets selling for this? Quick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Another midweek gig.... can’t travel up cause of work 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnnyz

looking for some advice on this lead booker thing,i wont be interested in noel gallagher but my friend and his wife would love to go and asked me as a credit card holder if i could try and get two seat tickets for them,if i bought the tickets could i get them in without having to go myself,thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

wacotaco wrote: »

Does this be strictly enforced?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnnyz

if i gave my friend the credit card to bring with him on the night would that be acceptable.

• Advertisement

Another presale farce, clicked on the link to buy tickets @ 9am, Six seconds later " sold out /non available "

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Didn’t work on first attempt but then got 3 standing at 9:10 using Noel presale code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

johnnyz wrote: »
    looking for some advice on this lead booker thing,i wont be interested in noel gallagher but my friend and his wife would love to go and asked me as a credit card holder if i could try and get two seat tickets for them,if i bought the tickets could i get them in without having to go myself,thanks for any help.

How do they not have a credit card between them in this day and age?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

how do i access the presale? Can only see tickets not available til Friday on ticketmaster

how do i access the presale? Can only see tickets not available til Friday on ticketmaster

Through Threeplus. You have to be a Three customer.

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Didn’t work on first attempt but then got 3 standing at 9:10 using Noel presale code.

Got back in myself later and got 2 seated tickets, 101 euro in total for the 2 including ticketmaster charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

What seating Block did you get for 50 a ticket?

Wheety wrote: »
    Through Threeplus. You have to be a Three customer.

even for the artist presale? Is there no other way to avail of presale apart from being a three customer?

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Another presale farce, clicked on the link to buy tickets @ 9am, Six seconds later " sold out /non available "

People are far too quick to come on here complaining instead of trying again.

I only requested a presale code now, opened ticketmaster and have been offered 2 standing tickets. And it's after 10 now.

even for the artist presale? Is there no other way to avail of presale apart from being a three customer?

Sorry, didn't know there was an artist presale. That's usually through the artist's website. You usually have to have signed up before it opened but you may still get a code if you try now.

• Advertisement

yeah but don't see anything on artists page, just a link that brings you to ticketmaster site. Also i am a subscribed member to NGHFB website. Strange one, how did others purchase in the artist pre sale?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Picked up 3 tickets in the 3 pre-sale. Not sure if I'll be in the country for it (was thinking about doing some travelling around then), but feck it sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Not jumping in just yet personally. I don't like that Dublin is the last night on a very long list of shows starting in February in the US. Noel will be fairly road-weary by then.

For me, NG phoned in a lot of the latter Oasis tours especially towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I was at his last gig in the 3 arena.

His rendition of Masterplan that night was worth the admission price alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wheety wrote: »
    People are far too quick to come on here complaining instead of trying again.

I dont think people need to worry about this selling out quickly, they dont seem to have shifted many tickets so far in the presale ,looks like only lower tier is open as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

picked up seating tickets easily enough at 9...not much of a rush I'd say judging by the quietness here. €74 tickets (after fees) is pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Still being advertised on Today FM so not a sell out yet. Got 2 standing at 9 without any hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I forgot they went on sale this morning. Checked around 11 and picked up 2 standing no bother.

highnc wrote: »
    picked up seating tickets easily enough at 9...not much of a rush I'd say judging by the quietness here. €74 tickets (after fees) is pushing it.

I agree with you on the 74 euro tickets, pricey alright.

I took the 45 euro tickets, 50 euro odd in total when you added in booking fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

Didn't sell out but did very well, expect it to sell out in the next few weeks

Advertisement