Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallgher - Dublin & Belfast 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Very odd releasing tickets for a tour to support an album that no one has heard. Not even the first single.

Hope he changes up the Oasis songs he sings. Would love to hear Where Did It All Go Wrong and Live Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pinkman wrote: »
    Very odd releasing tickets for a tour to support an album that no one has heard. Not even the first single.

Hope he changes up the Oasis songs he sings. Would love to hear Where Did It All Go Wrong and Live Forever.

The timing is a bit odd but as he is touring early next year he has to release the tickets well in advance.
    I know his ticket prices are a good bit more expensive than Liam but its a bit strange that Liam's tour sold out in minutes and Noel still has lots left.
    I'm a bit puzzled as to Liam's popularity at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Liam is playing smaller venues I think. Plus Noel has done a good number of gigs here in the last 2 - 3 years. I saw him at EP last year and I don't have much interest in seeing him again, especially since I haven't heard the new album and I suspect it'll be more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It definitely won’t be more of the same. It’s produced by David Holmes and was written and recorded in the studio sessions. A 1st for Noel Gallagher who usually demos the songs to the point they are almost completed before even going into the studio.

Have a listen to the album teaser clip on YouTube for a flavour.

My worry is how these new tunes will be adapted to perform live on the upcoming tour but that’s what makes it interesting and not more of the same IMO.

That song on the last album, The Right Stuff, I think it's the best thing he ever put out, but he never plays it live. Id like to see more stuff like that.

I listened to clip on youtube, I wouldn't say it sounds massively different to his other stuff. If he wants to recreate more adventurous tunes live he needs to surround himself with better musicians. Radiohead bewtween the 6 of them use over 20 different instruments in an average gig. He needs to move away from the standard guitar band model I think.

• Advertisement

When I heard the teaser the 1st thing I thought was “Yes, he’s going down ‘The Right Stuff’ route.

Strange how we’ve seen that differently.

This is going to be a trippy, cosmic album and I can’t wait to hear it.

Vinyl pre ordered.

I hope you're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any1 else having an issue printing their ticket on the ticketmaster website. Just tried to print mine there but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

Shane St. wrote: »
    Any1 else having an issue printing their ticket on the ticketmaster website. Just tried to print mine there but no joy.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Same again. Annoying, as they’re a gift that we’re to go in a card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

Just printed mine now.

New tune up on Spotify. Not great at all imo.

It’s terrible.

Think a cross between ‘Mucky Fingers’ and Ricky Martins ‘She Bangs’

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

One of the worst songs I've heard in a long time and I thought his last 2 albums were excellent. Funnily enough I had no high hopes for Liam's record but I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I don't dislike the song but when I heard it first I had to check if he had guest vocals. Doesn't sound like Noel at all.

To be honest I'm still hopeful about the rest of the album. I think it's very unlikely considering his track record that this album will be bad. Some time artists make bizarre choices with singles.

Liam's first single was far superior, and the new album isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Love the new song! It certainly seems to be dividing opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I wonder if either of these songs were on Noel's mind when he wrote holy mountain....

https://youtu.be/Z9EbR0ckb40

https://youtu.be/xTo79sPCVXA

Hmm.

Plagery aside it's great Noel is doing something different, em7 g Asus4 cadd9 couldn't last forever! 25 years was enough!

I'll check the new album out with an open mind. I'll pass on the live show tho, supporting U2 this year he was pretty dull! Hopefully the new album will see him reinvigorate and not just coasting by.

Surely he couldn't have been more dull than U2? :P

Their new song bored me to tears a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

I think Holy Mountain is amazing, it's so catchy and one of the best things he has done, will sound amazing live, cant wait for the album

• Advertisement

I honestly think he’ll be sued by Ricky Martin for plagiarism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Batesy wrote: »
    I honestly think he’ll be sued by Ricky Martin for plagiarism.

*Desmond Child

For Plastic Bertrand he was probably watching Wolf of Wall st. :pac:

Awful song

I listened to it again and it's even worse the second time. He needs to release another one pronto so we can all forget about it and move on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

MadYaker wrote: »
    Surely he couldn't have been more dull than U2? :P

Their new song bored me to tears a few days ago.

Ah now, that's fighting talk! Haha.

I don't actually think the new tune is as bad as most have been making out. I'm glad Noel is trying something different, Chasing Yesterday was fairly lackluster and the live show, despite having some great moments was so so for the most part. He filled the role of support act v well, but no one can hold a candle to U2 on their night!

I agree U2's live show is hard to beat, and I actually like the last 2 albums. The best part of Noel's show is the oasis tunes at the end tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Is there an official way to re-sell tickets for the Dublin concert?  I see they have brought in an anti-tout measure which is good to see but unfortunately my plans have changed and I won't be going now so I've two tickets to sell.  Seems that you can only re-sell through some UK site called See tickets or Twickets and I don't see listings for any of the Irish concerts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

veganrun wrote: »
    Is there an official way to re-sell tickets for the Dublin concert?  I see they have brought in an anti-tout measure which is good to see but unfortunately my plans have changed and I won't be going now so I've two tickets to sell.  Seems that you can only re-sell through some UK site called See tickets or Twickets and I don't see listings for any of the Irish concerts on it.

Twickets you cannot use as you need a UK phone to verify your account and your sale (If you know someone with a UK number you could be ok) so maybe try Toutless?

Another new tune from Noel on Spotify. It's ok? Better than the first anyway. It kinda sounds like something they'd play as the band are taking to the stage if you know what I mean. It doesn't really have the normal verse and chorus structure like most of his songs. To me it sounds a bit over produced but it's good to see him trying new ways of making music I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

The intro to Fort Knox sounds like the intro to the live version of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2. Check it out on youTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxngIpxYLdM

• Advertisement

Fort Knox will most likely be the walk on tune. A mix of ****in in the Bushes / Shoot a Hole into the Sun.

Advertisement