Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallgher - Dublin & Belfast 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

‘It’s a Beautiful World’ is outstanding. Up there with his best work IMO. The English translation of the French lyrics are hauntingly beautiful.

“Attention, attention!
    Ladies, gentlemen
    Hold on tight and say farewell
    Humanity is melting at both poles.

Attention, attention!
    Ladies, gentlemen
    The frontiers find their own way
    Breathe in, breath out carbon monoxide

Relax and rest in peace
    It’s only the end of the world”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah I like it a lot. I'm looking forward to the album now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Just out of curiosity, is there any chance of grabbing a picture with him after the gig outside the venue or does he usually disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eddie1986

anyone know what time you would want to be seated? I see 6.30 is doors open, just wondering if I need to get off work early thursday.
    TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

veganrun wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, is there any chance of grabbing a picture with him after the gig outside the venue or does he usually disappear?

There is zero chance outside the gig. Your best bet might be to find out where he is staying and see can you get near him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eddie1986 wrote: »
    anyone know what time you would want to be seated? I see 6.30 is doors open, just wondering if I need to get off work early thursday.
    TIA.

Is the warm up worth going to was thinking of heading in around 8 if the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Be interested to know the stage times myself, as I’ve a commitment earlier in the evening.

Given Noel will probably play for 90 mins or thereabouts, it’s not likely that he’ll be on before 9pm is it?was thinking of heading in for 8:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Charlie wrote: »
    Be interested to know the stage times myself, as I’ve a commitment earlier in the evening.

Given Noel will probably play for 90 mins or thereabouts, it’s not likely that he’ll be on before 9pm is it?was thinking of heading in for 8:30.
    Go early to avoid being stuck in a big security check queue and risk missing the start of his set

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

veganrun wrote: »

4 seasons normally a good bet , unless hes stopping out with bono so the clarence might be another option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Looking forward to this.

Gave the support Baxter Dury a listen. Pretty good too so will try be there early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Batesy wrote: »
    ‘It’s a Beautiful World’ is outstanding. Up there with his best work IMO. The English translation of the French lyrics are hauntingly beautiful.

“Attention, attention!
    Ladies, gentlemen
    Hold on tight and say farewell
    Humanity is melting at both poles.

Attention, attention!
    Ladies, gentlemen
    The frontiers find their own way
    Breathe in, breath out carbon monoxide

Relax and rest in peace
    It’s only the end of the world”

Strangely enough he said in an interview if he had the chance he’d change it to something a bit less morbid. It is class though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Got a ticket for this.

Never missed a gig of his or Oasis over here since Marley Park.

Heading on my own. Hopefully doesn't take away the enjoyment

I'm due to go see him in Belfast. Not sure where he stays when here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

Are there any after parties? I can't see anything advertised.

Nation 98 wrote: »

Bag a cans in veganruns's place

A sing song on the boat just down from the arena, nearest place for a beer after the concert, https://www.mvcillairne.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Nation 98 wrote: »

annoying singsong on the luas on the way up town

Nowso wrote: »
    annoying singsong on the luas on the way up town

I'd rather walk back to Busaras so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

bclar12 wrote: »
    Got a ticket for this.

Never missed a gig of his or Oasis over here since Marley Park.

Heading on my own. Hopefully doesn't take away the enjoyment

It definitely won't! Saw Noel a couple of times on my own. Brilliant each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Heading tomorrow night myself. Has anyone been to gig in the Point recently? Are you able to bring a small rucksack in?

It’s my first time going to a gig since I started a new job and I need to carry my laptop with me as I work from home on Fridays.

• Advertisement

Is it a work loptop, your in a whole heap of trouble if it goes missing. Will one of the hotels mind it for you for a small free just make sure the same person is going to be there when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Anyone know anywhere safe to lock up a bicycle at 3 arena???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Was going to pick up a ticket from adverts for this however what's the chances of them checking for ID against the ticket name?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

mfceiling wrote: »
    Was going to pick up a ticket from adverts for this however what's the chances of them checking for ID against the ticket name?

Between slim and none.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

From the looks of Twitter, he seemed to come on stage in Belfast just after 9pm. Can any of those that went to Belfast gig confirm if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I had a look at the set lists from his last few gigs and it looks set to be a cracker of a night, can’t wait.. I was hoping for Champagne Supernova but it doesn’t look like it’ll be on the list sadly. Suppose there’s only so much time in the day.

BTW, who’s doing support?

I went to see him last night in Belfast. Really good gig. He came on at 9pm and finished just before 11pm. I looked at my watch as I was leaving and it was 10.55pm so just short of 2 hours.

The support was Baxter Dury but I didn't see them, I only got there about 8.30pm and the crew were setting up the stage for Noel.

They were checking tickets and ID's before letting people in, don't know if anyone got turned away but they kept announcing to have your ticket and ID ready and they checked everyone before letting them in.

This is the set list he played last night which he also did in Leeds.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/gigs-clubs/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds-14628017

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hate the Beatles cover at the end, could easily get another' classic in! Some setlist can't wait for tonight

The Beatles song actually sounded pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Looking forward to this gig tonight. I just hope Bono does not make an appearance!

Advertisement