Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallgher - Dublin & Belfast 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Looking forward to this gig tonight. I just hope Bono does not make an appearance!
    Think you might be spared an appearance by Mr Hewson, as far as I know U2 are touring in the States at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Looking forward to this gig tonight. I just hope Bono does not make an appearance!

They’re in Vegas tonight/tomorrow so I think you’re safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I had a look at the set lists from his last few gigs and it looks set to be a cracker of a night, can’t wait.. I was hoping for Champagne Supernova but it doesn’t look like it’ll be on the list sadly. Suppose there’s only so much time in the day.

BTW, who’s doing support?

Funny enough I thought the version he did during the last tour/Joshua Tree support was just crap. Some songs aren't supposed to be modified, but then again others loved it!

Enjoy tonight everyone, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

Where's the best place to park? Aiming to be up for round 6 and might go for bite to eat beforehand. Want to avoid the 3 Arena car park as don't want to be sitting in it for an hour. will i be able to park along the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Where's the best place to park? Aiming to be up for round 6 and might go for bite to eat beforehand. Want to avoid the 3 Arena car park as don't want to be sitting in it for an hour. will i be able to park along the quays?

Around grand canal there is parking (you'll pay tho)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Around grand canal there is parking (you'll pay tho)

Is parking free around that area/across the river after 6 or so in the evening ?
    Looking to park up myself, not paying the official car park on principle of price and the fact getting out of it can be a nightmare after a gig.

Roll on tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I work in city centre, normally get the train in. Drove in this morning and parked in Marlborough street car park. I think it’s the handiest!

There’s heavily discounted rates from evening time. It’s also open 24 hours. A lesson learnt from the time Axel Rose decided to arrive on stage at 9:30 and walk off only to come back at 11:30 and play into the early hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Maybe give Connolly Station car park a try?  You could either walk or get the Luas back and forth from the 3 Arena, plus you will be away from any traffic after the show.  As far as I know it doesn't close in the evening time, could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I'm heading North after the gig.

I was thinking that I would park on sheriff Street or thereabouts. I won't be there until about 8pm but would hope to find parking somewhere on the street?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

PGE1970 wrote: »
    I'm heading North after the gig.

I was thinking that I would park on sheriff Street or thereabouts. I won't be there until about 8pm but would hope to find parking somewhere on the street?

thats brave - do you want to have a car there when you go back

• Advertisement

From the 3Arena Twitter page:

Stage times for tonight - Noel Gallagher And The High Flying Birds. Baxter Dury ( support ) on stage at 7.45 and Noel Gallagher on stage at 8.45. Please allow enough time for queuing etc to gain entry and for ID checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Nowso wrote: »
    thats brave - do you want to have a car there when you go back

I parked there a few years ago - up past a pub called the Green Something! It was fine then - would you think that it might be a problem now?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sprained my ankle playing football last night so going to be on crutches in the standing area. Will be a bit annoying but what can ya do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

veganrun wrote: »
    They were checking tickets and ID's before letting people in, don't know if anyone got turned away but they kept announcing to have your ticket and ID ready and they checked everyone before letting them in.

What do they look at to see who bought a ticket....

The ticket itself, or does their hand held machine inform them of that?

Asking for a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

For me they just checked the name on the ticket matched the name on the ID.

Cool. We have friends who can't go and they're sending us their PDF tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cool. We have friends who can't go and they're sending us their PDF tickets.

I am in now. They are checking ids but the lad ahead of me talked his way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

On the terrace of the Gibson, wearing a red coat, ****ing freezing my tits off, disgusted they ain't showing the United game.

Pants

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

bclar12 wrote: »
    On the terrace of the Gibson, wearing a red coat, ****ing freezing my tits off, disgusted they ain't showing the United game.

Pants
    They are probably doing you a favour

Best show Ive seen of his yet. The new tunes sound much better live. Dead in the Water was a surprising highlight. Finally got to see Ballad of the Mighty I live too!

Great night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Fantastic Gig. His voice sounds better than ever even after a long tour. Some of the tracks I wouldnt be as fond of on the new album sounded excellent live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What a Gig really was excellent, Noel sounds brilliant. New tracks sound great, what was with the stand up comedy bit before little by little ??

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Great gig. Dead on the water a classic. The atmosphere was great. Very good crowd

Class stuff. Questionable track order as I felt they got the crowd buzzing a few times only to then play something which wasn't a crowd pleaser, que half the crowd heading to jacks/bar at the one time.

Four or five tunes from early on, would have best suited to have been left to later in the night for me, but overall, great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Sick I missed this gig! Did he play "The man who built the moon"?

I'd say that track live is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Was a strange gig. I was slap bang in the middle of the crowd and felt anytime the crowd got going the energy was drained by one of the new songs. Bar one or two songs the crowd weren't feeling the new album at all. Dead in the water & All you need is love were highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Great gig. I've no voice left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Was a strange gig. I was slap bang in the middle of the crowd and felt anytime the crowd got going the energy was drained by one of the new songs. Bar one or two songs the crowd weren't feeling the new album at all. Dead in the water & All you need is love were highlights.

His new album in my opinion is excellent but not all of it is suited to playing live.

Brilliant gig though. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Fantastic gig. Better then the last time he played in 3Arena, big fan of his new album and the songs from that album were some of my highlights from the gig especially Dead in The Water. Of course the Oasis songs got the biggest reaction, to be honest a lot of people didn't seem too bothered with his solo stuff and a lot of them went to the bar inbetween those songs.

Did love some of his one liner's to the fan looking for a autograph and the woman who was celebrating her 28 birthday. Even loved the Beatles cover at the end. Also big up Baxter Dury as the support act, he was great.

Only complaint I have is the amount of people talking around me during the gig but sadly that's a common thing these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

nghfb have turned into what beady eye were , messing about with music even the old songs .

go let it out was poor its a liam song and he made a mess off it. there was to much extra backing singers and overdoing everything
    the best songs were when there were just the 4 of them were on . right stuff and others just there to let the extra people have a go .

im shocked so many were that impressed ,

Advertisement