Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone do the Scottish Half Marathon yesterday?

• 25-09-2017 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you happened to do the Scottish Half Marathon yesterday.

If so, what did you think about it? I thought it was pretty well organised overall, although there were a fee small things that I thought could've been better (no deal-breakers though).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

biketard wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you happened to do the Scottish Half Marathon yesterday.

If so, what did you think about it? I thought it was pretty well organised overall, although there were a fee small things that I thought could've been better (no deal-breakers though).

I wouldn't say many did it from here this year..

But next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

biketard wrote: »
    Hi all,

I passed two runners looking for the start on London Road a bit after 10am when I was going out to buy the bread. Of course this is the starting line of the EMF half that happens in May ...

Fingers crossed they made it out to Meadowmill in time; it should have been possible for the 11am start I think.

From what I've heard it's a nice route, though probably not a lot of spectators out that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭biketard

London Road? Wow, hope they made it in time (I'd be really surprised if they did unless they jumped in a taxi). One of the things I wasn't overly happy about was the starting location, but it is what it is.

The route was pretty good. Mostly flat, and any uphills were very slight.

Crowds weren't huge, but decent friendly support for most of the length of it.

Advertisement