Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road bike for 400€

Options
  • 25-09-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at buying a road bike and have a budget of 400€. I have found the B'twin triban 500 that comes Just below 400€.

I'm wondering it that my best bet to go with the Triban and does anyone have one of these and do you recommend them.

If anyone else finds something that is in my budget please let me know

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

The BTwin is fine , but you'll get far better value in a used bike for that sort of money. There's a Giant Defy on the For sale pages here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057790380 (nothing to do with me , btw) but stuff comes up regularly enough in that price bracket. Get a sense of the size you shoud look for and ask lots of questions......

• Registered Users Posts: 6 davidfo

I have the triban 500 and I would definitely recommend it. Everything works well and it is fairly light. I do over 150k every week and it holds up fine although there have been two problems. The first was the freehub stopped working after a year and decathlon fixed that for a fiver, the second was that the rear hub wore out after 2 years so I decided just to upgrade the wheelset.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

If you want a new bike and can only stretch to 400 euro then the b'twin is the best option. If you're employed you could look at using cycle to work scheme to increase your budget. If you're on the top rate of income tax it cuts the cost in half. Most companies also allow you to pay in installments too.

Advertisement