Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex/Signet USB connect in Win10?

Options
  • 25-09-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

..So I'm trying to connect to my Europlex/Signet 200 panel via USB/web browser and the last time I did this was running XP (yes, that long ago) on a much older laptop. Back then, there was an installer ("SigNET.exe") which I still have but that wont work in Win10. (when run, I just get a brief flash of a command screen, then nothing happens...)

Any solution to this? Any updated drivers out there that anyone could send me?

And can anyone verify if 192.168.5.1 is the correct url?

Tx!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For USB connection the URL is correct.
    But you have to add a new dial up connection .
    Really a lot of hassle for a SigNET 200. What are you trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

There's a GSM modem installed that's giving me trouble. At first I thought it was sim/account problems - which it was, the original sim had somehow become dis-associated with the account (vodafone). They provided a new sim, re-associated it to my account and it tested fine from an unlocked handset.

However upon re-installing in the panel (and rebooting, re-enabling etc.) the panel now reports "modem fault". The LEDS D1 on the sim board is out, D2 is on solid (previously D2 was blinking).

To further complicate things, around the time the original sim went offline there was a "tamper" on one of the hardwired zones, but now there's no sign of anything physically wrong at this point..

I wanted to connect over USB to get a better look at the logs (both panel and modem) and to see if there was anything further I could do to get the modem working again and see if the tamper I had seen had anything to do with it. Plus the panel is in an attic but the nearest keypad is 2 floors below - so USB working again would be a lot more convenient seen as I have the panel open anyway.

I tried adding a new dial up connection per your suggestion but it's looking for either a dial up phone number or PPOE info.- no mention of USB. (I ended up with a new connection called "WAN miniport (PPPOE)". I somehow need to be able to redirect it to use the USB port (which I guess is what the old SigNET software did).

I'm still missing something!

Any ideas on this or the "modem fault" greatly appreciated!

Never mind (about the GSM issue) I made a bit of a "rookie" mistake..!!

When re-installing the modem the panel gives a choice of two modems - Primary and Backup. Being as there was no other modem installed and according to the install manual I have - which said that a modem would not work in the "backup" slot if the "Primary" slot was empty, I was choosing "Primary", thinking that was the slot it was always in..

However (!) There is a Wireless card installed - which, although it's not physically plugged into the "Primary" modem slot, it physically blocks that slot, leaving only the "backup" slot for the (one) modem that's installed.

So, turns out I was using the Backup slot all along, but thinking I was using the Primary one and enabling/disabling it as such from the keypad, which was, of course, doing nothing..

Enabling the "Backup" modem worked (despite the manual saying that a single modem installed in the right slot wouldn't work)

Phew (and "Duh!")

That's solved..

However if anyone was an idea about the USB connection, I'd still like to know -just for curiosity...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Modem & Wireless card can sit on top of each other.
    For the browser connection you will need to manually set up a dial up connection for the panel to use.
    Enable & activate that connection . User Europlex or Engineer Password engineer code.
    Once the connection is established you should then be able to browse to https://192.168.5.1

I still cant manage to get the USB "dial- up" connection working. When I manually set up a dialup connection (Settings/Network and Internet/Dial Up- New Connection/ select " Connect to internet"... Create new connection - choice of Dial up or PPPoE (no mention or option for USB): Dial up looks for a modem so I cant use that. PPPoE looks for Username and password of an ISP. Entering Engineer and the Engineer password here doesn't work so I'm at a dead end..)

I'm still missing a step somewhere..

Anyway, It's less important now. The GSM is back, even if it's in the "wrong" slot and everything's working as it should so I'll leave sleeping dogs lie...

Tx anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement