Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money from credit card

• 25-09-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭

I recently had to pay course fees using credit card. Funds were in credit union so I paid fees on credit card then paid bill in credit union
    I am not now taking the course so fees are being refunded onto CC which is a bit messy as I want to return !obey to credit union account
    There is approx 800 owing on credit card so the CC balance will be 1200 in credit
    Am I right in thinking I can withdraw this amount with no penalty?
    Or can I transfer to credit union electronic ally?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The only way to get the money out is to spend it on goods or withdraw cash from an ATM, you cannot do an electronic money transfer out of a CC account. As long as your account is in credit, there should be no charges or interest but there may be a daily limit of 200-300 for ATM withdrawals. You could phone them and ask, the number is on the back of the card. Might be no harm to tell them anyway as consecutive cash withdrawals will probably set off alarm bells.

Advertisement