Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft facility charge

Options
  • 25-09-2017 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I have a current account and credit card account with BOI. I have been a customer for 30 or so years. Last Friday, nearly 48 Euro was deducted from my current account. 17 something for notified fees - which is ok. And 30 Euro for having an overdraft facility. The overdraft facility is for 50 Euro - so not even big money. I have never used this facility - I dont spend what I don’t have. 
    I sent in a letter maybe 2 years ago asking for this facility to be closed. It annoys me that I am charged again for a facility I don’t use. I never asked for this facility. I sent a message through 365 online but my reply was basically telling me what the 30 Euro charge was for. Please look into this BOI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I have a current account and credit card account with BOI. I have been a customer for 30 or so years. Last Friday, nearly 48 Euro was deducted from my current account. 17 something for notified fees - which is ok. And 30 Euro for having an overdraft facility. The overdraft facility is for 50 Euro - so not even big money. I have never used this facility - I dont spend what I don’t have. 
    I sent in a letter maybe 2 years ago asking for this facility to be closed. It annoys me that I am charged again for a facility I don’t use. I never asked for this facility. I sent a message through 365 online but my reply was basically telling me what the 30 Euro charge was for. Please look into this BOI

Hi Maz2016,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here and sorry to hear that you are unhappy with this.

I'd have to ask you to raise this again through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online and confirm with them that you want to cancel this facility and that you have requested this before with a letter in the branch as the advisers there will be able to have a further look into your account in relation to this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement