Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temping

Options
  • 25-09-2017 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all. I am going to start temping this month. However I read that you must have at least 3 hours uninterrupted sleep before taking your temperature. I have a smallie that wakes frequently so 3 hours uninterrupted sleep every cycle day is very unlikely. Should I bother temping at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Hi all. I am going to start temping this month. However I read that you must have at least 3 hours uninterrupted sleep before taking your temperature. I have a smallie that wakes frequently so 3 hours uninterrupted sleep every cycle day is very unlikely. Should I bother temping at all?

I’m an insomniac with a 2 year old, I rarely get consistent sleep or wake up times. I’ve gotten clear ovulation every cycle regardless of that. I do try and take my temp at the longest stretch I get which could be anything from 2-4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

If you don't mind me jumping in. I'm also hoping to starting temping this month- my period is nearly finished so do you just do it every morning first thing once you wake up or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My understanding is ideally at the same time every morning after at least three hours sleep. However that is incredibly rare for me to be honest but as you can see from the attached I have an obvious ovulation despite that. I can end up temping twice in the night with wake ups. In the morning I just take the one that had most sleep before it

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

I’m an insomniac with a 2 year old, I rarely get consistent sleep or wake up times. I’ve gotten clear ovulation every cycle regardless of that. I do try and take my temp at the longest stretch I get which could be anything from 2-4 hours.

Thanks mirrorwall! At the end of my cycle so trying it out for a few days before the next cycle. Not a chance of a three hour stretch of sleep! :)

Advertisement